Realtime bounce VS offline bounce..

Discussion in 'Logic' started by Creme, Oct 18, 2015.

1. Creme

Creme Kapellmeister

hi,

does anyone of you have a good reason to bounce in realtime in logic when working 100% in the box (no midi or analog hardware inserted)?

3. bobwillaker

bobwillaker Newbie

Plugins like Nexus2 have an ultra-quality (oversampling) setting that can only be initiated by the DAW exporting

4. MNDSTRM

MNDSTRM Platinum Record

No not really, and youre supposed to record midi/outboard gear before exporting anyways.

Sometimes (in Studio One) when projects get big with lots of plugins, rendering glitches can occur - then its nice to have realtime because that usually fixes it for me.

I think the purpose of realtime export is to monitor what the export is going to sound like, but often I hear clicks that don't get printed to the file (probably my interface driver crapping out) so I still cant see the point of it

Interesting side note, offline bounce isnt necessarily always faster, in Studio One I have had an export go down to 0.9x realtime in which I'm guessing realtime would have overloaded my cpu.

5. beatroot

beatroot Producer

Logic offline or real time (in the box) has no issues.Sounds the same to me.Definitely very fast.Saves a lot of time.Been doing that all these years and no trouble with the bounced tracks.:wink: