Really Sad News.. R.I.P Keith Olsen

Discussion in 'AudioSEX Memorial' started by Vaijj, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Vaijj

Vaijj Platinum Record

3. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

The dude had a unmistaken ear for what can make a song successful. I had been watching since childhood how he turned all those songs to hits, producing was his calling and he had a unique gift in spotting talent.
    Rest in peace.

4. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

RIP

I've been listening a lot these last few daze to a few Grateful Dead studio albums but usually only listen to live concert stuff, but the version of Estimated Prophet on Terrapin Station is really good and Keith Olsen was the reason so. He was both a musician and a great producer and could get some great stuff out of a band that was at best claustrophobic in the studio (although Blues For Allah is mostly brilliant). His work with Fleetwood Mac will stand the test of time as a reference to the high point of the analog recording Era.

5. julianbre

julianbre Producer

Oh, what sad news today. Haven't spoken with Keith in a couple of years. Really good person and phenomenal talent. Will be sadly missed.