Realivox releases Blue

Discussion in 'Software News' started by homer_simpson, May 30, 2014.

1. homer_simpson

homer_simpson Platinum Record

[​IMG]

REALIVOX – BLUE:
    It starts with the voice. Blue is my go-to singer when I want that ultra-pretty tone. Check out the audio demos and see if you don’t agree.

WORDBUILDER:
    Six vowels and 23 consonants give you the tools to create your own words and phrases.** But we went deeper than just sampling a bunch of vowels and consonants. Way deeper. Consider these elements:

An “s” singing into an “ee” sounds different from an “s” singing into an “oo.” (Try it yourself. Listen to how your own “s” will sound different, depending on the vowel.) So each consonant was recorded separately going in and out of each vowel. There are two and a half octaves of “k” samples (32 samples) that go into “ah.” Another 32 of “k” into “eh.” And so on. For each consonant, that’s six sets for each vowel.

When we recorded the ending consonants (completely separate samples), we noticed that it doesn’t sound quite right if you just slap an end consonant sample onto the end of a vowel sample. A singer’s mouth closes differently, depending on which consonant they’re going to. So we sampled not only 192 ending “t” consonants (6 vowels times 32 samples per vowel), but we also recorded the closing vowel sounds leading into each consonant. For ah. And for eh. And ee. And oh. And oo. And uh.

So when you play “Peace,” you’ll be triggering four samples altogether. First is the “p” sample that specifically with “e.” Then you won’t hear just any “ee,” but you’ll actually get the “ee” that comes after “p.” (Your ear would know if we tried to cheat and use a regular “ee” instead.) Then you’ll hear a few milliseconds of a closing “ee” that would lead into “s.” And then finally, the “s”. A closing “s” that specifically goes with an “ee” vowel..

This is why Realivox Blue is 12,000 samples. No other vocal library that we know of has gone this deep in the quest for realistic vocal performances.

TRUE SAMPLED LEGATO:
    We sampled legato intervals for all six vowels, as well as for “mm.” (We find humming to be a particularly useful articulation.) Not just the six/seven vowels, but also the special transitions betweem say, oo to ee. When you sing from oo, to ee, there will be a “w” in the transition. (Try it yourself and you’ll hear what I mean.) So we have “oowee” legato samples. And “oowah.” And “ooweh.” And “eeyoh.” And on and on.

Then we spent months editing and balancing to get the legato as smooth as we could make it.

POLYPHONIC LEGATO:
    We believe this is the simplest and most intuitive polyphonic legato there is. There’s only one knob, and you’ll probably never even touch it. You just play. Check out the videos to see how easy it is.

ENSEMBLE MODE:
    Whether you want to thicken her a bit, or whether you want to create an ensemble sound, simply turn on Voice 2 and Voice 3 and you’re in business. No need to open a second or third track for doubles or triples. We make it easy.

There are volume, pan, tuning and timbre settings, as well as delay offset, if you don’t want the singers too perfectly in sync..

KONTAKT OR KONTAKT PLAYER – YOU”RE COVERED EITHER WAY
    Do you have the full version of Kontakt? Then we pass the savings on to you.

Or if you don’t feel like spending $399 on Kontakt, no problem. We pay a license fee to Native Instruments so that you can use Realivox Blue in the free Kontakt Player. And we actually charge you less than what we pay them. ‘Cause we’re cool like dat!

Realivox Blue (and Kontakt) works on PC or Mac.
    Audio formats: VST, AU, RTAS, AAX

LINK: -> Click me here!

3. bigcat1969

bigcat1969 Producer

Most impressive instrument I have ever seen. Yeah I bought and I'm poor and cheap. Buy the dang thing every single one of you, cause I want him to make more! P.S. She sounds brilliant with my City Piano. :rofl:

4. Ambar

Ambar Producer

Nice library, I like its advanced wordbuilder, hope to see a choir soon.. with the same script. ewql sc is really annoying

5. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Seems like EWQL wordbuilder meets Vocaloid. Cool

6. bigcat1969

bigcat1969 Producer

It is tough to learn as I'm having fun failing. Quasi-success number 1. More to follow. :wow:

I think I finally got legato sort of working and it sounds much better I think, though still learning. So replacing the other attempts with this (I hope better attempt). I'm going to redo the others.
    http://soundcloud.com/bigcat1969/blue-legato-attempt

7. remix

remix Platinum Record

this sort of stuff just blows my mind....

8. Gramofon

Gramofon Producer

Was waiting for something like this for a long time. Glad that someone got down to it.

I don't have any major expectations but it's a good step forward.

A choir would be good, indeed. *yes*

But they should sample each singer separately. :bleh:

9. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

These guys get my vote. This is really good stuff. :thumbsup:

10. bigcat1969

bigcat1969 Producer

Blue has a special message for the boards greatest instrument finder.
    http://soundcloud.com/bigcat1969/blue-dreams-of-phloopy
    Sadly Blue needs
    http://soundcloud.com/bigcat1969/blues-sad-fate
    If you really want to check out more Blue. Here is a list of vowel sounds. The bottom two are after I got long 'i' down a bit better after a suggestion from the chap who made it.

http://soundcloud.com/bigcat1969/sets/blue-vowel-sounds-1

11. bigcat1969

bigcat1969 Producer

OK longest song I've ever tried. After getting in trouble for a song from the 1950s, I've gone to the 1500s. Let's see them report me for that! Ok legato version.

http://soundcloud.com/bigcat1969/blue-legato-attempt

12. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

From what I hear from the kind demos of bigcat this voice is less realistic but with no artifacts compared to a good Vocaloid voice.

Thanks bigcat :)

13. bigcat1969

bigcat1969 Producer

Have you used Vocaloid? I never have. I got confused by buying engines and separate voices and things.

The best Blue I've heard so far was Mike Green's Amazing Grace
    http://soundcloud.com/realitone/amazing-blue-grace

Other official demos
    http://soundcloud.com/realitone/sets/realivox-blue-demos

14. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

I have it installed, but I've never done nothing. The vocaloid voices have a sort of their own Sequencer.

There are difficult to "program" to sound good but the quality is almost on par with the official demos you've posted. I say almost" because they have little but audible digital artifacts. But en every engine release they improve.

In addition to being difficult to program are difficult to integrate in a sequencer work flow. The engine have no VSTi. With non official plugins I read a time ago in a huge tutorial that it can be rewired.

In a few words, they sound good but they are not worth (yet) the effort.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMHov6Mhvh4

15. bigcat1969

bigcat1969 Producer

Thanks for the info. I remember looking into them a while back and just being confused, probably the difficult sequencer and not being vsti would stop me from investing in them for now. Hopefully between Blue, the East West choir and Vocaloid we are making step toward a really good voice synth singer.

16. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

It's more easy with the chorus libraries, they don't require so much "definition". I wonder why no company has released a chorus library with a wordbuilder equivalent. Instead every choir library comes with a sort of phrase builder totally predictable, non versatile and recognizable which weights the 70% of the entire library.

It's not a patented nor new "technology". Furthermore, years before the release of Symphonic Choirs EWQL released a nice little library (for today standards) which featured a worldbuilder called Voice Of The Apocalyse Utility (VOTA utility). Even more, a Kontakt script guru user of VI Control released a Kontakt script with identic functionality than the VOTA utility. It can't be rocket science.

I have this library installed with its VOTA utility and it's logically worse than Symphonic Choirs but you can achieve nice results (for sure still are demos in youtube). I think today is shipped as a complement/expansion of the Symphonic Choirs Play edition.

I hope this Blue library will reignite the competition for "true wordbuilding", in choirs and solo singers.

17. bigcat1969

bigcat1969 Producer

Any idea where I could find that Vi Control script that is like VOTA? I'd love to take a look at it.

18. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

The author was forced to remove it from the net, copyright issues. I looked for it for hours, no way LoL.

19. bigcat1969

bigcat1969 Producer

Oh thanks for the info and saving me the hours.

20. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

You are welcome. If you invite me to a beer we are even. :bleh:

21. bigcat1969

bigcat1969 Producer

[​IMG]

Cheers!