Real techno as it always should be....

Discussion in 'Conversations About Good Music' started by Zeus, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Zeus

Zeus Moderator

Pure techno stuff. All live. All distorted. All Hardware. No CD Spinning or similar crap. Take those machines and make people blow their minds.

Worth watching alone to see Blawan's (dark shirt) mum raving it up in the front row of the crowd.

I Thought I must share this here even though I must be the only one enjoying this shit :bleh:

http://soundcloud.com/tokenrecords/karenn-pace-yourself-1

More stuff by Karenn. Probably the best techno track of 2014 (subjective opinion of course) :wink:

3. ilkhausen

ilkhausen Newbie

Awesome!

4. Off The Record

Off The Record Member

Some reality run by narcissists unfortunatley
    Sweet mate nice one for link, i'm enjoying it too so your not the only one :mates:

My fave techno producer has and still is Mauro Picotto, got to see him at gatecrasher in early 2000s was ace, even got to shake his hand, down to earth guy! i know hes not doing it with his gear live like this but still, hes the one that got me into the whole thing, what you think about him?

Mauro Picotto his soundcloud

His early stuff ain't on there but surely you heard of him right? Komodo, Lizard, Iguana etc?

the link below is his older stuff but this guy blew me away back then still does now haha, hope you like if you don't know him :break:

Mauro Picotto - Italian Techno Master a youtube vid with some of his older stuff

Mauro Picotto is an Italian DJ who began his career in 1984, at the age of eighteen, at a club in Piedmont called Top Sound. Following his studies he devoted himself full time to his passion as a DJ and in 1988 he became a finalist in the Italian DMC. In 1989 he won the Walky Cup Competition, broadcast on TV, which enshrined him as the best Italian DJ.

The same year he devoted much of his time to the production of his first album as R.A.F., and he soon became one of the leading producers at Media Records in Italy, of which he would eventually become a partner.

In the meantime he began to produce himself, releasing massive tracks including Bakerloo Symphony, Iguana and Komodo to name a few, though his fame is mainly due to Lizard, a track that turned into a musical style, receiving awards and accolades from all territories, pushing Mauro to the Olympus of the Top 10 most popular DJs in the world.

In 2001 he began his metamorphosis, leaving Media records and creating Bakerloo and the label Alchemy. His productions would vary in genres from dance to trance, the most sophisticated techno to an evolution of all that is homemade music.

In 2003 Mauro Picotto created Meganite -- Electronic Music Lifestyle -- a successful club party linked to the best DJs of the moment. For the Meganite events he has had on his side top artists known today as Chris Liebing, Marco Carola and Adam Beyer, all playing alongside Mauro as Meganite resident DJs. Since the very beginning, the selection of artists chosen for Meganite has been of the highest quality for an evening mainly based on innovative electronic music, a cocktail of pure energy and emotion.

Mauro Picotto has released over 600 productions and numerous remixes, and to date he has sold over six million copies worldwide. He has played in best clubs with the most famous Djs, as well as having participated in all the major events, from Love Parade to Creamfields, MTV Festival, Winter Olympics in Turin, Ultra, Time Warp and Awakenings.

Mauro's much anticipated album "2010″ was released in 2010 showing his impeccable and unique style for dance music lovers and to celebrate the new adventure with his residency at Space Ibiza for Come Together.

In 2011 Mauro organized his first 2 days Alchemy Music Festival in the Country , in his hometown Cavour and released another great new Album called "TwentyEleven" confirming his musical taste and creativity, always at the top.

Mauro is resident in Italy, and in addition to collecting air miles, he lives between Spain and England where he has family. You can follow him daily on Twitter (MauroPicottoDJ) or Facebook/mauropicottodj.

Wikipedia entry

5. 123xyz

123xyz Newbie

woww I was looking for something like this! thanks a lot for sharing :thumbsup:

6. sideshowbob

sideshowbob Producer

Awesome share, you´re making my morning!
    ... and I thought I´m the only one ... :rofl:
    :mates:

7. relexted

relexted Producer

I used to rave on this kind of techno. :grooves:

8. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Me too. :bleh:

Thank you for posting this ZeusGod!

If there was only a really good MIDI hardware sequencer to buy. One that can drive MIDI and CV/gate synths both, with the arrangement abilities of a MPC, and MIDI precision of an Atari... edit: I'm researching hardware sequencers [again] and stumbled upon this interesting website: http://www.innerclocksystems.com/new%20ics%20litmus.html Look at the results for TipTopAudio or XAOC Eurorack modules... mmmm that's what I'm fucking talking about! Seems like Eurorack modules are the way to go. :bleh:

9. pilz971

pilz971 Kapellmeister

Raw, deep, dark and hard.

Never was much into this kinda Techno when I was a raver, preferred a more uplifting groove, however, sure makes for a cool car journey. Love bombing down the motorway banging my head and pumping my fist in the fast lane. Just to see the faces of those drivers you leave in your wake! :wow:

:rofl:

10. Kobayashi Maru

Kobayashi Maru Member

Love it! :headbang:
    Thanks for the post ZeusGod

11. Zeus

Zeus Moderator