Real progressive house like Roald Velden; Alex H ...

Discussion in 'Genre Specific Production' started by Jason Artkys, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Jason Artkys

Jason Artkys Newbie

Hello all, i'm not new but i never used the forum before ^^. I have one question, do someone know good pack/bank/sample for progressive house. But it's progressive house like this -->
    ( first track si mine :p ). Thx all and have a great day !

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

So it's this the REAL progressive house... a kick, a clap and one synth.

4. xsze

xsze Guest

What do you want actually, what's the question/point of this thread, except self promotion, what kind of patches, banks for which synth, samples, what samples, drums, what? :dunno:

5. kjfarrell

kjfarrell Platinum Record

You really need a sub dude. House 101, sub bass.

6. Jason Artkys

Jason Artkys Newbie

No one understand me, i didnt say i'm a pro or something like that, i linked this video to show u what i search because when i take a pack ' progressive house" there is nothing for this kind of progressinve, I said "real progressive house" FOR ME. The real question is do you know good pack/preset like "dream piano/pad etc" ... SOrry for my english it's hard :/
    This message is not negative ^^ thx to the responses btw :). and it's not a self promotion, it was just to show u what i produce so may be u can help me to find things to use ^^ Thx all

Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
  7. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

look for everything with the attribute "deep house" or "melodic deep house" on it. Use samples only for drums and percussion.
    The key to progressive house is slow progression over time so use synths for your melodies etc.

8. Jason Artkys

Jason Artkys Newbie

Thx man i ll try that, but yeaa i try to use my synths for melodies etc, i search a lot of percussion, clap, kick ^^

9. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

and NO LOOPS!!! lol

10. torontoleech

torontoleech Noisemaker

Kobana Progressive Essentials, Kobana Deep House Essentials, Ad Brown Progressive Essentials, Blood Groove & Kikis Sample pack, Gai Barone sample pack, are some pretty great starters for this specific niche of progressive house, though most packs with "deep house" in the name will be softer, cleaner samples that you could probably use relatively well for this style.

Most of these commercial sample packs called "Progressive House" are referring to the heavily over compressed main stage EDM sound, and all the samples will be overblown and tough to use, especailly within the melodic softer styled progressive...
    Some sample companies like Samplephonics, and Sample Magic provide very raw samples without crazy processing , so sample packs from these companies are sure to be more usable for your needs.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  11. xsze

xsze Guest

I understand you, but you provided little info so one can really help you out with info, "Hi guys, I'm using Sylenth, here's the sounds I'm after, recommend me some sound banks, also if somebody knows any sample packs for this drums"

12. jayxflash

jayxflash Guest

The "real progressive" is any electronic track made on a progressive structure: long duration with elements slowly fading in and out. It can be dreamy or quite aggressive. What you are looking after is the sound of 2005 ("Faxing Berlin" era). Funny, for me the real progressive is the one from late 90s - begining of 00s, like the sound of John Creamer and Stephane K (even though progressive as a style emerged towards the middle of 90s and by 00s was changed significantly in sound). What you need is Sylenth1 and lots of imagination to keep alive a sound that died 7 years ago. Cheers!

13. Jason Artkys

Jason Artkys Newbie

Hi all thx for the great responses ! :) I ll try out that torontoleech thx a lot !! Yea i said real progressive because i falled in love with this kind of house, but it's not commercial and it's hard to find a lot of things that can fit with this P.house :)

14. z3r0

z3r0 Ultrasonic

Thats not real prog house.

15. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

what i hate about this type of prog house sometimes, its overcompressed. melodies maybe fine sometimes.

16. TonyG

TonyG Guest

You asked for sample pack for Progressive House. try Singomakers' " Prygressive House", O! Samples "The House Kits" and Abnormal Progressive House", Loopmasters' "Utku S Presents Progressive House ", " Riley and Durrant Progressive House Producer" and " Re Zone Progressive House". These are just a few of dozens of packs available. Just remember the roots and of Progressive House and don't be afraid to experiment with different sounds. Good luck.

17. 23322332

23322332 Rock Star

Any synth - automate the filter on your presets.
    Any piano - add reverb and delay.
    Use envelope/transient shaper on your drums, if you want to make them more snappy.
    Sidechain some saw waves.

18. haility

haility Newbie

So it's this the REAL progressive house... a kick, a clap and one synth.

Last edited: May 18, 2019