Real Instrument Emulations Recomendations

Discussion in 'Software' started by Doctor_Me, Dec 24, 2017.

1. Doctor_Me

Doctor_Me Platinum Record

Hey guys, I'm interest in some nice Instruments and libraries for organic Instruments, like guitars, pianos, acoustic drums, strings... I would like to use it on my Pop/Dance Productions, but i kinda dislike nexus and stuff like that, I do prefer more realistic sounds to start with.... At the moment I'm testing sampletank, and some of the sounds are pretty usable (compared with the totally processed nexus presets) but I kinda want more realism...

So, if you guys could recommend some nice instruments vsts or libraries for that matter It would be amazing and I'm sure a lot of users could benefit from this thread.

3. Doctor_Me

Any suggestion guys? Any recomendation would be amazing!

Ps. Sorry if posted on the wrong section

4. kimikaze

kimikaze Platinum Record

Isn't NI Kontakt obvious choice then, if you want realistic texture of sound?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Futurewine

Futurewine Audiosexual

Hi there!

I think, maybe, since, it seems like you prefer to browse presets on particular engines, maybe, Spectrasonics product lines are great for you and your music production, especially on that particular genre. But, maybe there are better option. Just suggestin. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Doctor_Me

Yes, I have kontakt, but I would like recommendations on libraries for specific instruments... Like your favorite electric guitar emulation, favorite bass guitar emulation and so on... I think it's more on point and more fun to discuss it here than search on google...

7. Doctor_Me

Nice, gonna check it... Never looked for their instruments cause they have the fame of being really cpu intensive, is that true?
    But I'm open for any kind of instruments or libraries... So any recommendation of libraries or vsts for realistic instruments would be appreciated...

8. Doctor_Me

At the moment I'm struggling to find a nice electric guitar vst to use as a clean guitar, I found Vir2 Electri6ity, but I don't know, 25 GB for a library seens too much... Does someone recommend it or there are better options for that task?

9. DanielFaraday

DanielFaraday Platinum Record

Modo bass for bass guitar (replaced all my bass guitar libraries), SD3 for live drums, symphony series sounds pretty good for orchestral stuff, sadly nothing can replace real guitars, ethno world for some exotic stuff, what else.. synthogy ivory or/and keyscape for pianos. Every guy on this forum can write a whole different list of his favorite libraries.
    Second most realistic and almost useful library after vir2 is prominy SC and it's 65 gb.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  10. TW

TW Guest

The amplesound guitars and basses can sound quite nice. And I like modo bass from ik multimedia a lot. Superior drummer 3. Keyscape - spectrasonics.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  11. Doctor_Me

Great, I was thinking about test Modo Bass, gonna check it for sure... Yeah, NI Symphony Series are great, but I kinda prefer their Session Strings for my productions since I'm not into orchestrall stuff...

Damn, My favorite instrument for pop music is clean electric guitars... :(

Wow, never heard about their stuff, 65GB is a lot, but gonna check it out anyway

Thanks 4 the replies mates, keep it coming... Once I get out of job I share my actual setup with you too...

12. Doctor_Me

Nice, another brand that I didn't knew about, definitively gonna check it out later, thanks bro! ;)

13. The Tone Gnome

The Tone Gnome Kapellmeister

Agreed. I quite like the Ample Sound AGL Nylon/Classical guitar. In a similar vein there is the Ilya Efimov Nylon and Nylon Strum packages for Kontakt - although I haven't spent much time with the Strum library, so I can't really comment on it.

14. LHO

LHO Ultrasonic

Hey Doctor, if you already have Kontakt maybe check out SonicCouture. Their keyboard-libs sound really good to my ears, super expressive to play. Geosonics is also very nice, great for ambience and fx-y stuff. Maybe not that "pop" though...
    They have a sale through Dec 31st, so now's a good time to pick something up if you like it. Greetings to all!

15. Doctor_Me

Interesting stuff, creative things done with organic samples, maybe I could find some space for this in the future. Thanks for share bro! :)

16. Doctor_Me

Thanks for the replies guys!

Right now I'm using these libraries for acoustic instruments:

NI Session Horns - Never used it in a track really, but I like the tone and articulation of it.
    NI Session Strings - All my strings are from there.
    NI Studio Drummer - Downloaded recently, didn't tested yet. Gonna check the mentioned SD3 too.
    NI Strummed Acoustic - Downloaded by mistake cause I didn't knew it was like pre-made rythms (lol) but it has really nice tone and for some muted chords underneath it do the job until I find something to replace it.

IK Sampletank - For Bass Guitars and Guitars (just some arpegiated melodies), These are the 2 Instruments that I want to replace for something more realistic with strum possibilities and stuff. As I said guitars are my favorite instrument to write with. Will check the Modo Bass and The amplesound stuff, thanks 4 the recomendations. Any more guitar and bass libraries are welcome by the way.

So, that's it, if you guys know some libraries that sounds better than my current profile of organic instruments let me know please, I'm pretty new to organic instrument emulations at all. I used to produce heavy electronica in the past, never used organic stuff, haha

Thanks again for the replies guys! :)