Real Drummer for Kontakt?

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Highdom, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Highdom

Highdom Kapellmeister

Hello guys! just a simple question today: I am searching for a good Kontakt library/instrument to emulate real drums to make pop/rock modern. It would be really nice if this could be very full speaking about percussions (with snaps/some shakers... for example) and easy to use because I will almost use only to writing some ideas.
    I actually use Studio Drummer (from Cinesamples if I remember correctly) but the sounds isn't so good, specially kicks and snares, and I have to replace some sounds with KSHMR's acoustic drums samples :bleh:

I need something usable instantly and that sounds full and with some good punchness!

Thanks!

3. realitybytez

realitybytez Audiosexual

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

Studio Drummer is Native Instruments if it's what I am thinking of. The Native Instruments stuff is ok, and their 'genre/era' type of kits can be usable and ok (https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/drums/).

However, there are a few other products. There is RealiDrums that @realitybytez posted above, but alsothere is Impact Soundworks' Shreddage Drums, 8Dio's Zeus, 8Dio's Blackbird, 8Dio's Ragnarok, Soundiron's Apocalypse Percussion Ensemble, GetGood Drums' Matt Halpern Signature Pack, DrumForge 1's Kontakt Version, VI Elements' Core Kit, Hand Held Sound's MAD etc. In short, you have tons of options, just depends what you need!

And this is before going down the rabbit hole of VSTi drummers like Superior Drummer, EZDrummer, Addictive Drums, Battery, Geist, Groove Agent etc.

5. realitybytez

realitybytez Audiosexual

yeah, there are tons of options for sure. and i was also going to recommend GetGood Drums' Matt Halpern Signature Pack.

since he seemed to want to use kontakt, i decided not to go down that other rabbit hole. lol.

6. Highdom

Highdom Kapellmeister

I tested and compared with studio drummer by native instruments. This one is pretty good and old school type with nice fills presets and groove loops but it's not what I am searching because it sounds as unprocessed, natural drummer and I need something more instantly usable! Thanks for the info.

I am getting something from 8Dio right now. I think it's one of the most powerful software for Kontakt.

7. realitybytez

realitybytez Audiosexual

you gotta use what works for you. i've never been a fan of 8dio, but lots of people love them i guess.