Reaktor - Looking for good hardware emulation recommendations

Discussion in 'Software' started by Bunford, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

No, this is not an impatient Reaktor 6 request!

Instead, I am looking for a list of accurate sounding hardware emulators for Reaktor 5. I have had is as part of my Komplete 8 for ages but never really dabbled with it. With Reaktor 6 coming out, it gave me the kick up the ass needed to look and play a bit more with Reaktor.

Anybody got any suggestions for some awesome go to units?

3. rickbarratt

rickbarratt Producer

i'd be interested in that, apparently when they introduced kore it let you emulate any kind of circuitry i'd like to see how hard that is to for example create a pultec eq from reaktor :)

4. Oysters

Oysters Audiosexual

well monark is the obvious answer

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Please use a more descriptive title because, as it stands, this is useless should anyone have the same question. I would have named it: In Search Of Accurate Sounding Emulations For Reaktor. In relation to your question, I would personally recommend throwing the word emulation out of the window (I believe that Monark is the only one created by Native Instruments, though there are third party offerings) and milking Reaktor for everything its worth, both in the area of synths and effects because there's a world in there that may not consist of accurate emulations but is truly excellent nonetheless and certainly worthy of experimentation. Some of my favorite expansions are Molekular, Monark, Polyplex, Razor and Rounds so I recommend that you take a look at those. There's also a lot of interesting stuff in the factory library so make sure to explore that as well. If you're delving into third party expansions then I recommend taking a look at Twisted Tools who make some really creative stuff for this platform.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  6. Clandestine

Clandestine Platinum Record

Agree with Catalyst. Unless u have something specific in mind I wouldn't focus too much on hardware emulation but rather concentrate on the process on building. Reaktor is capable of just about anything but emulating hardware not it's greatest strength imho.
    I'm a big believer in that while some emulations are good you simply are not going to accurately emulate the analogue hardware etc.
    If that is what your after then look towards purchasing the hardware itself if at all possible.
    It would be more fruitful to possibly concentrate on Reaktors strong points and start building yourself.
    Although a little daunting it will help long term.
    There are some decent emulations for example Moog emulations etc but the best reaktor ensembles imho are the ones that don't focus on emulating any specific hardware. Reaktor of course amazing for any type of FX etc but as mentioned can do just about anything.
    However with regard to emulating hardware there are better options.
    Like Catalyst mentioned ANYTHING by twisted tools is fantastic. Another guy too check out is Peter Dines. His stuff is very reasonably priced and fantastic. Adam Hanley (Icebreaker Audio) just done C-Tools which is great as is anything Heavocity does.
    Boscomac does some really great stuff, many free ones also.
    Musicrow do some great stuff and they do a good analog filter emulation.
    Others that spring to mind are the great add ons for say Razor like Aiyn Zahev, (free one for Monark) .
    John Lehmkuhl's stuff is fabulous as is all his stuff and well worth the money and he does some good tut's.
    Xenos do a few for say prism/razor/& spark. Prism & spark often overlooked and they very capable in their own right.
    Radian Sound Labs do some good stuff & also Amazing machines started doing some cool stuff.

Top of the list imo ANYTHING by Peter Dines, Twisted Tools, Boscomac & Adam Hanley

Also check out salamanderanagram website and also Richard Devines websites as they do some fantastic stuff and some is free.

Good luck :wink:

7. xsze

xsze Guest

• Like Like x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  8. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

I've always been a bit partial towards Lazerbass. I love what it can do, it's just never found a place into any of my productions, probably down to laziness. Maybe I should rename it Lazibass. Errm, maybe not.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. Bowtie Mack

Bowtie Mack Newbie

Love Monark, they should do an Oberheim emulation as well(Ob-xa/Ob8 or Matrix 12/Xpander) or Bring the Full Op-x Pro II to Reaktor

10. Pipotron3000

Pipotron3000 Audiosexual

In fact, Reaktor v5 is very good at the opposite, like Razor :wink:
    Or physical modeling (Steampipe and more).
    But i think v6 is going to change this with elements from Monark and more.

11. freerider197

freerider197 Noisemaker

12. davea

davea Platinum Record

If you like analogish stuff made with and for Reaktor, I wouldn't encourage you enough to check Everything Turns ensembles which are among the best 3rd party .ens imho.

Of course the v.6 is getting right to the point with Blox, damn good!

13. ovalf

ovalf Platinum Record

Yes, reaktor is infinite...I tested almost everything, its a lot of work!
    Many you could trash compared to ready plugins.
    Some emulations are just different but have a different character, só they worth.
    Others take a time to open your mind and think if it works for your music, for me is like to look for new eletronics gadgets... They do things that you really do not need but others that you dont know that you need.
    In emulation you think in analog, but there are só many that sounds too digital for me, mainly because they are experimental, but version 6 can make it easier to fix... Its a whole new universe!

14. Studio 555

Studio 555 Producer

15. wuzzle

wuzzle Platinum Record

Lesser Galactic Co-ordinates: Earth (0.0.0)
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List