Reaktor guru needed to rebuild a synth

Discussion in 'how to make "that" sound' started by MisterBeef, Jan 27, 2020.

Tags:
  1. MisterBeef

MisterBeef Newbie

So I have this synth I love that I made in reaktor v3, and recently just got that software back and running thanks to the help of some one here on this site. Now I'm trying to rebuild it in Reaktor v6 for the obvious reasons of the new features available and I'm running into some issues remaking certain componants. So I'm looking for some one with a detailed knowledge of Reaktor to help me figure out what some of these odd pieces are and help me put this beast back together. Any help is greatly appreciated.

3. Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose Audiosexual

4. phumb-reh

phumb-reh Guest

What are the issues?

I found mostly the panel issues to be the big things when bringing older (pre-4) ensembles to life, but otherwise the processing side should be OK.

5. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

The factory libraries in 4 and 5 are more extensive than 3 so I'm not sure what the problem porting to a newer version would be.
    For best results, please explain more.

Cumbersome but workable solution if you can't rebuild from scratch would be to save the version 3 modules/instrument in Reaktor 4. Then save the version 4 in Reaktor 5. Then save version 5 in Reaktor 6.

6. phumb-reh

phumb-reh Guest

For instance, the "Uranus" synth from Reaktor 3 (I think it was v3, but anyways) loads up like this, it works exactly as it should, but it just looks funky before tweaking the panel.

Attached Files:

7. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

@phumb-reh Yeah, I've noticed that too. You have to go to EDIT > View > Frame > None. It can be a bitch.
    Remember that each section has its own View Properties, which makes it even more of a bitch.

The sounds are usually worth it despite the aesthetics, yes?

8. MisterBeef

MisterBeef Newbie

The synth I built in v3 refuses to load in v6. So I've remade it piece by piece in v6, but it refused to play until I swapped out the OSC. But I can't really understand why the old structure won't play in v6. All that aside I just put the VCA inside the OSC and got it playing, with almost identical results. But my final issue is why the version I have in v6 is only playing in mono, I can't seem to get it playing polyphonic.

OG v3 pic included[​IMG]
    https://ibb.co/jTMRpzQ

9. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

Can you upload the Ensemble so we can configure and view properties of the insides?
    Also, your Exp (Lvl-to-A) Module is still set to monophonic in your VCA.

10. phumb-reh

phumb-reh Guest

Yeah, it's a hassle, it's just the positioning it gets wrong when importing legacy ensembles. But again, as it's just looks, you just dial in the sound you want, and then assign your controllers and then you really don't need to look at it. I'm just too lazy to fix everything if it works otherwise :)

Truth. Especially this ensemble, still one of the best bread-and-butter synths Reaktor has to offer. The Quad chorus module is also good to rip out and use as FX elsewhere.

11. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

Good to know. Thank you.

Totally off-topic but here's an awesome sounding Ensemble that isn't in the Reaktor User Library anymore.
    It's a moog Grandmother emulation:
    It's gnarly. But warm. But Fncking gnarly.

12. MisterBeef

MisterBeef Newbie

Funny thing is that's the picture from reaktor v3 and that one plays polyphonic fine. Here's the ensemble, I included a ghost version of the one that's not working all not visible. I'm not as worried about fixing that one, more curious why it doesn't, but getting the one plugged in polyphonic would be huge.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=73481297495440167987

13. phumb-reh

phumb-reh Guest

It was missing an Audio Voice Combiner in the output, I added one to the Cubic Shaper though it probably should be outside it. Have a look at the attachments.

Attached Files:

14. MisterBeef

MisterBeef Newbie

Does anyone here have reaktor v3 running because i'm having real trouble remaking my patches in reaktor v6. If so I'll gladly post my original v3 synth. So far I've lost a lot of the clean function of the original synth in my remake.

15. phumb-reh

phumb-reh Guest

My archive goes as far back as version 4.x I think, sorry. I think that should be able to import it properly but as I've no idea how the patches should sound like I don't think I would be much of help here.

16. MisterBeef

MisterBeef Newbie

Anyone here willing to do a little testing with me to help me figure out why i'm having these huge descrepencies between my v3 synth and the v6 please PM me. Thanks

17. phumb-reh

phumb-reh Guest

Sure, I'll take a look later on.

18. Valnar

Valnar Rock Star

File has expired and does not exist anymore on this server
    can you reupload pls :/
    also we need a reaktor underground library for all the good ensembles NI has deleted :sad:

19. tun

tun Rock Star

i still have the 2006, 2007 and 2010 libraries i can contribute. might have more if i dig through some files.
    there are probably still a lot on AZ.

@MisterBeef i would also like to check out the file. i am a little rusty with reaktor but i have wasted more hours using reaktor than i have sleeping :D

20. Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose Audiosexual

and the freeware posters should finally come to the idea to post the latest user ens synth with great gui..

21. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

@Valnar Enjoy.

:yes:

There's a share on AudioZ by Billy.J that has the Reaktor User Libraries from 2003 - 2011. But yes, we should totally do that.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2020