Reaktor 6/Monark/"No Valid Reference to Ensemble in Preset Data" macOS

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by vgl, Sep 5, 2020.

1. vgl

vgl Newbie

Hopefully someone has experience and can share with me. I am trying to load up sounds for Monark from different NI expansion packs like Deep Matter, Motor Impact etc. When I navigate to Deep Matter folder for instance from Reaktor browser and select a sound I always get "No Valid Reference to Ensemble in Preset Data".

I have been trying to figure this out for the last two weeks. My installation is stock and I have not changed any paths. Newest version of Reaktor 6.4.0, Monark 1.3.1.

I always figure this stuff out on my own but this time I'm stumped.

Attached Files:

3. damian9

damian9 Kapellmeister

Did you ever find a solution to this? I'm having the same problem. Have the preset files in the same location as the ensemble. Also put them in the User Content folder where they're supposed to be but the problem remains.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2024
  4. clone

clone Audiosexual

I do not have Reaktor installed now, and I don't remember seeing this error in Monark ever.

My guess is that RKT loads the .ens file, but does not have permission to read/write to the additional file locations. So I would use BatChmod or chmod commands in Terminal to change the permissions on the folders where you have put your preset files. Make them R-W-X for everyone. I would probably follow that up with some Codesigning if changing the permissions does not work.

Just a guess, without looking at it firsthand. But you can't break anything either way.