Ready To Buy Ableton! How do I go LEGIT as a music producer?

Discussion in 'Live' started by SteveFaoki'sGhostProducer, May 29, 2019.

1. SteveFaoki'sGhostProducer

SteveFaoki'sGhostProducer Member

Do I need to do a completely uninstall of CE ableton? Has anyone experience doing this? I don't want to lose the way my ableton is setup with libraries and user preset mixing racks etc. It sounds funny but I want to go Legit I just don't want to have a disaster on my hands uninstalling and then everything is gone.

3. jhagen

jhagen Platinum Record

overinstall?

4. tomazzzi

tomazzzi Member

yes just overinstall you won't loose anything.

5. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Ableton wont install in Windows if there is an existent folder in Program Data. If you uninstall Ableton everything inside the Program Data/Ableton folder is going to get deleted. Your preferences and library configurations in User/App data/Roaming/ dont get deleted.

If your data is on an external drive you are safe if you uninstall.

But in fact, you dont need to do anything. All you need to do is this: Replace the "patched" Ableton Live Suite 10. exe with a "virgin" one. Open Ableton. Register and you are all set. If you need the original, untouched exe. you can extract it or I can send it to you. No need to install or uninstall anything. The non legit all it has is a "patched" exe.

Last edited: May 29, 2019
  6. SteveFaoki'sGhostProducer

SteveFaoki'sGhostProducer Member

Wow Thank You Pirate :) I'll grab the latest EXE and register as you stated. Question which package do Buy, the 749 one is the one we use on audioz right?

7. tun

tun Rock Star

personally i would manually create a backup of all the files related to the things i want to keep, then do a complete uninstall, install the legit version, then place all my backed up files in their respective locations.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  8. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

749? Package? This sounds like a drug deal. If any DEA agent is reading this we are going down bro! What do you mean by that? I dont want to go to jail.:rofl:

9. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Bro backing up is always safe but unnecessary here. Let me explain. The non legit Ableton has been patched. The only thing that has been modified for the patch is the Ableton Live Suite 10 .exe file. Nothing else. Therefore, everything else from the non legit 10.1 to the legit 10.1 remains the same. Now, if he has older versions what he needs to do is run the installer. None of his older personal files are going anywhere.