ReactOS 0.4.11 released

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by The Pirate, Mar 5, 2019.

Tags:
  1. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

The ReactOS team is pleased to announce the release of version 0.4.11. This version has seen substantial work done to the kernel, helping improve overall system stability. For those of you wondering what ReactOS is, it is a free and open-source operating system for x86/x64 personal computers intended to be binary-compatible with computer programs and device drivers made for Windows Server 2003 and later versions.
    It is lightweight. only 500 MB of space and a mere 96 MB of RAM. It has been built from scratch. It is not a Linux mimicking Windows.

Visit at https://www.reactos.org/

3. iluvhiphop

iluvhiphop Guest

I've heard of this before. Cool idea, but does it actually work?

4. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Visit the website, download it and give it a spin andread the forum. To answer your question it does work but...

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
  5. korte1975

korte1975 Guest

very buggy imho, never got it to boot from usb.

just downloaded the latest one. same, bsod :-( i know it's probably my hardware. every other linux distro boots perfect (mx18, mints,ubuntus)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2019
  6. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

It is promising but long ways from being what we want it to be. We are talking years away.

7. Jim_T87

Jim_T87 Member

React OS has been around for so long I gave up on waiting for it, I was hoping it would be the ideal replacement for microcrap windows but after so many years it's still in alpha stages. I'm sure if someone creates an OS that will run all windows programs, apps and drivers they will corner the market overnight and put microscum out of business. What we all want and need is just a stable OS, no BS crap laden piece of garbage.