Rate The Song Above You

Discussion in 'Music' started by jackdoom, Jul 12, 2016.

1. jackdoom

jackdoom Newbie

Ok, I don't know if this sort of thing is permitted, or if it's already been done.

If it's not, feel free to delete the thread, it's not that big a deal.

The idea is to post a song, and the next person to listen to it, rate it 1-10, then post a song of their own choosing.

The next person rates it, posts theirs, etc, etc.

There aren't any hard and fast rules, just a couple guidelines.

Try to post something that maybe hasn't been heard by a ton of people. You post 'Free Bird', and no one has to listen to it to give their opinion.

If you can, say why you did or didn't like it. Not any great detailed report, just a thought. "Too plodding" or whatever.

Ok? Here goes:

• Creative Creative x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. DrumcodeX

DrumcodeX Platinum Record

I like that idea :yes:

My rating for "Haim - Better Off" is a 6
    Nothing groundbreaking, but a solid and interesting song. I like the middle part best, starting from the solo at 1:20 'til about 2:10

Next one:

4. DoubleSharp

DoubleSharp Platinum Record

Argh you bastard, you beat me to it. Being a huge jazz fan it was kind of interesting. Not 'free' enough to be free Jazz. Was waiting for it to properly drop and take off.

Stellardrone. 5 mins of harmonic atmospheric pads. Probably best fitting into some sort of movie score. Ain't really my kind of thing, not really moving me. Having said that I can't listen to it full blast so couldn't properly hear the harmonic changes. Could be braver, forgive me if i missed a particularly out there chord but I don't think I heard one.

5. Emily185

Emily185 Newbie

I hope I am not seen as being too negative here, but there was a thread like this one on another board of which I was a member. At first it seemed like fun, but I got over it very quickly. After I posted a couple of songs that got quite poor ratings from the next person, I realised that there was a bit of a clique that seemed to like a particular kind of music - quite different to what I liked - and who seemed to own the thread, patting each other on the back for their good taste, metaphorically speaking. This was pretty discouraging. At first I was thinking "What the hell can I post that they WOULD like?", then I decided what's the point in that if it's not something I really like as well. I gave the thread (and eventually the entire board) a miss.

I much prefer the informality of threads like "What are you listening to", where I am free to comment on someone else's choice or to keep silent as the mood takes me, and likewise people can choose to comment on mine if they wish.

6. tulamide

tulamide Audiosexual

Son of Dave was just great! I love when it grooves, no matter style or genre. And this one grooved the shit out of me. I also like the loop station trend, as it leads music back from the mechanical aspects of mixing/mastering to the roots, which is talent, love for music and having a good time. 9 out of 10

My guess for the next one is 4 out of 10. But I'm in love with good covers nevertheless:

7. ( . ) ( . )

( . ) ( . ) Audiosexual

ye now dat i think about it, this is going to get waaaaay too subjective and just shitting on another persons taste lol... my bad boyz, repped it too early. :D

deleted my initial post...

Last edited: Jul 13, 2016