Rare ( Pensado) interview of ( Shadow Hills ) Peter Reardon.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Von_Steyr, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

This thread was inspired by Sknote`s SDC compressor, which was based on this boutique mastering compressor.
    https://vintageking.com/shadow-hills-industries-mastering-compressor
    Big thanks to @The-RoBoT for the introduction to this beast. :bow:

Peter Reardon is a recording artist, music producer and professional audio equipment manufacturer. Peter grew up in Houston, Texas, where he was heavily involved in the "punk" rock scene of the 1980s. Peter began his own musical career in the middle of the decade as the singer for the little-known band Crowd Control where he first explored song writing and developed his own stage presence. Peter was hired by the infamous Rap-a-Lot records [1]and was an engineer and\or mixer on several Geto Boys records as well as a number of solo projects for individual band members. For his efforts at Rap-A-Lot, he earned his first gold record from the RIAA. Peter continued to work with Rap-A-Lot through the early 90's until leaving for Los Angeles to pursue other recording opportunities.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. Jeen

Jeen Producer

the UAD plugin version have not the same exact hardware sound , but it sounds really good :wink:

4. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

The AA take on it (Acquamarine) is mighty impressive too. Great compressor, although a bit tricky to get used to how it is designed.
    I'm discovering sknote lately, I haven't tried their version yet.

5. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Have been working with SDC for a few hours now, it is indeed one of those plugins that takes more time to fully understand as it really can be adjusted in so many ways, but so far very impressed. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Yep...Two comps in one, opto then vca, many possibilities, what's not to love about it !! The AA one pumps insanely, people usually get it for that reason, but you can actually have many strategies with it. It's completely different than any other compressor, this one is a real oddball, but once I got my head around how it works, it's actually very versatile and usefull for many purposes.

Edit : btw I'm glad you're back "fulltime" on AS.

7. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Awesome. I bet it really is good as AA never fails to impress.

Edit; Yea this thing is crazy good.

Thanks Talmi.
    What can i say, i like this place :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2017
  8. The-RoBoT

The-RoBoT Rock Star

At $29.99 The price nobody should be dissatisfied with and like their other plugins is very useable :like:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Shootout between real hardware Shadow Hills, Acustica Murano, UAD and Sknote SDC.

http://ianstewartmusic.us/blog/shmc-shootout

---------------------------

Nevermind, audio files can not be downloaded.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2017