Rapidgator is trash

Discussion in 'Internet for Musician' started by JackRX, Oct 26, 2017.

1. JackRX

JackRX Noisemaker

ive been using rapidgator for about a month now, the problem is it only works for files below 500mb usually, anything above that has a 95% chance of just stopping. and i dont have bad internet. Small files often dont work either.

Any other recommendations?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. digitaldragon

digitaldragon Audiosexual

Oboom. Free account then do a file transfer from any of the other sites by pasting a link. Quick, easy, and free.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. rockhard

rockhard Newbie

Oboom isn't perfect either, lots of time I get errors with working links.

5. solo83

solo83 Platinum Record

I just downloaded a 37 gig library with every link I gig fro rapidgator, with zero interruptions or stops. Doesn't matter how fast your wifi is, lots of things can cause interruptions and interference. Solution run the broadband wire straight from your modem to your pc.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  6. beatroot

beatroot Producer

Yep.I second that.Using Rapidgator for 5 years now and no trouble here, no matter how large the file.Could be a small problem somewhere with your connection etc.Anyway,whatever the problem is do hope you get it fixed soon JackRX.:wink:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. hani king

hani king Platinum Record

thats right my friend ,its better to connect the Ethernet broadband wire (cat6) from modem to pc for best speed ,in that way ,you dont need any kind of signals to let pc get the download ,
    i dont have RG accound but i download from it through real-debrid servers(by unrestrict the links with RD links and paste em on my jdownloader,it works perfectly fast (mine is 10 mbps and JD gaves me exactly THAT from RG (and frm other hosts too)
    sometimes upgrading routers (or getting new isp provider) helps
    it was recently i modified my connection from so annoying weak wifi signals (which was far from my room since i got internet in 1997 lol)
    and installed wires through walls around the house after i did my house construction ,my isp provider tech staff came to my room and were amazed because they usually put the antenna on the roof ,adjust the direction for best signal and then drill walls to pass their category 6 cables through the walls ,format your router and charge you for their lousy work,

there always a workaround when u face such connection issue,dont give up

8. filtersweep

filtersweep Platinum Record

+1 for Oboom.
    works most of the time for me. ( on a few occassions the link i copied wasn't the right download link because i hadn't entered a catcha properly so it stuck).. not a problem really..

9. lcp

lcp Noisemaker

just use alldebrid. for 4e a month you get rapidgator uploaded and many other sites.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. Pistascho

Pistascho Member

I see it's already mentioned. Alldebrid, it's not perfect. try it for 7 days, WYSIWYG what you see is what you get

11. GreatJobChamp

GreatJobChamp Producer

not sure if you have youtube playing during downloading?... I was doin that all the time, but once I stopped youtube playing, then I got good dls

• Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. edroonery

edroonery Newbie

My 2 cents: I'm on fibre (mostly 'hardwired' like the guys say above) and rg still drops 4 out of 5 dlds on poor speed. Only solution I found (and it aint 100%) is to keep the rg dld tab open until the dld is complete; and dld multiple instances at the same time, and hope one of them goes the whole way.

UL is faster and better than rg by far (but they close acs when reported so maybe not secure)..

Just don't waste your money on zevera... no matter what anyone says - total waste - worst EVER! They grab the money and give cr*p service, zero backup. Ignore the 'supported hosters' list unless its from sites you never heard of.

PS - Cheers on the alldebrid - I'll try that out and see how good it is :)

13. Yuri

Yuri Rock Star

Agreed, pretty sure the OP has been told about this before. I recently downloaded something Superior through Oboom, nearly 40 gig at full speed with no problems, and all free.

14. PopstarKiller

PopstarKiller Platinum Record

All those sites are the same shit under a different name. Don't know why people refuse to use free sites that actually offer unlimited downloading like mega and zippyshare. Oh, that's right... profit.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  15. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

Oboom +1 remote upload works just fine.. most of the time

after that... Real Debrid is the best I have tried.. 9 € for 90 days... excellent multi host service

@edroonery is 100% correct on Zevera .. epic fail... total waste of money
    they list hosts that are never available for download...and in fact
    I don't think I ever got a single file using their service.. all my data limit is just sitting there

do not touch with a 10 ft. pole...

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2017
  16. mylonojr

mylonojr Ultrasonic

RG is just fine for VIP users. Try using a download manager like jdownloader. As for free users, there are plenty reliable sites like zippyshare for example.

17. Revirau

Revirau Kapellmeister

I can't use the Oboom trick with Opera Browser. Download goes until 6% and then resets to zero again and again and again. I don't know why is that.

• List
  18. Rasputin

Rasputin Platinum Record

I can see the Oboom thing has reached critical mass and predict it will be "fixed" in the near future because of threads like this. But... you know, carry on, too late now.

19. WarpenN1

WarpenN1 Member

Jdownloader2 works with rapidgator pretty greatly, more so now that rapidgator don't have captcha anymore so it's as close of automatic download as free can get with these hosters :)

20. metaller

metaller Audiosexual

Also the uploaded is trash! :sad:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  21. Tabby

Tabby Kapellmeister

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List