Random: No sound from Arturia plugins

Discussion in 'Software' started by gotnofriends, Jul 19, 2023.

1. gotnofriends

gotnofriends Kapellmeister

I have uninstalled with revo, uninstalled r2r emu with revo, restarted pc, reinstalled those programs. Still nothing no sound - the music just plays through it. This happened at random yesterday.
    I am using windows 10

just tested, it's only happening in cubase. works in ableton

Last edited: Jul 19, 2023
  3. clone

clone Audiosexual

Do all other synth plugins from other developers work fine in both? Everything else in Cubase is ok? Have you rebooted already since you made the changes? Is Cubase updated to most current version? Correct driver set as default?

Did you manually delete their Arturia Software Center, if you had it installed previously? Maybe Revo does not delete because it is an actual working legit program? Otherwise the usual stuff. Do you have one of these DAW applications blocked from inbound/outbound traffic, and not the other?
    Plugins blocked also... also Disconnected from internet to test?
    Are you using same plugins and of the same format for both DAWs to test? Do you have the Arturia plugins installed as Collection or Analog Lab?

4. gotnofriends

All other synths and effects work fine in both

Yes, I've rebooted.

cubase is Cubase Pro 12 v12.0.60-R2R - shouldn't be a problem?

I deleted everything to do with arutia

Im not sure how to check whether any of these daws have blocked inbound and outbound traffic, I@ve usually just plugged and played

I found out Arturia wasn't working while disconnected from the internet

I only have VSt3 installed and this was onlt the Fx collection

5. Arabian_jesus

Arabian_jesus Audiosexual

If I understand correctly, you are talking about your legit Arturia plugins? In that case, when you have activated them on an offline computer you need to stay logged in to your account for them to work. If you log out of your account, the plugins might stop working.

From their website:
    If you are talking about k'ed plugins, you shouldn't have any issues with being offline or having to mess around with an account. The only thing I know of that can mess things up with the k'ed versions are if you install Arturia plugins from different teams at the same time.

6. gotnofriends

Okay I wasn't 100% honest. I used the Arturia patcher that was recently released because i didn't want to install everything but i literally everything to di wth Arturia after that and installed r2rs version, still doesn't work. was working a few days ago though...

7. gotnofriends

8. Arabian_jesus

Arabian_jesus Audiosexual

Did the R2R version work for a while and then they just stopped working, or did the R2R version never work? You didn't do anything (Win update, Cubase update, disabled hardware drivers etc) during the time when they stopped working?

9. gotnofriends

I only downloaded the r2r version after the patched version stopped working.
    no updates, nothing

10. clone

clone Audiosexual

When you say "patch". you mean the r2r ASCEMU2? I'm wondering how something goes from working correctly, and for it to start not working; with no updates or intervention from user.

Normally this is caused by expired demo; or a phoned-home, or Timebombed release. accidents happen too, like deleted files.

Since you do not remember firewalling this stuff, I would assume you did not. I would get a copy of Tinywall, install it, and then block all the problem applications; if I happened to be in your boat.
    You could also edit your hosts file to block traffic from system to Arturia and Steinberg domains, but I would always prefer to firewall an app than use hosts; because their website will no longer work either.

Block inbound/outbound from Cubase executable, or entire folders. Block the driver/plugin .dll files. (windows/temp location?).

Last edited: Jul 19, 2023
  11. gotnofriends

Last edited: Jul 20, 2023
  12. justsomerandomdude

justsomerandomdude Rock Star

Did u check inside the VST3 folder, different installers install under different folders. check if u have multiple vst3 or folders of it.

13. clone

clone Audiosexual

a good, quick way to do this is a wildcard search on the drives where you would have installed the plugins. *.dll or whatever your plugin format's extension actually are. Would duplicated plugin files actually cause no sound, though ? Wouldn't the system find the first plugin and use it; and just ignore the second instance of a plugin file.

What about ASIO Guard as possible culprit? It is a per-plugin setting now? https://forums.steinberg.net/t/cubase-12-0-10-performance-issues/780413

14. justsomerandomdude

justsomerandomdude Rock Star

could be but op says he s using 12.0.60, wouldn't tat be fixed during those updates.
    Some do open the gui, but doesnt work as expected, when the VST version is higher or lower than the .exe
    For Ex. if the standalone is V1.3 and the DAW is accessing VST for V1.2 even if standalone is not installed..

15. gotnofriends

The problem is the audio driver that comes with cubase, had to switch to asio4all