Raise your hand if you don't make Dance/Techno music

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by poorlord, May 12, 2013.

?

Raise your hand if you don't make Dance/Techno

1. hands up (I don't make Dance/Techno)

5 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. hands down (I make Dance/Techno)

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

I CHOSE to get involved, I didn't get sucked in as I could care less what internet trolls think about me or music in general. If someone says they don't like something I am okay with that and I wouldn't waste my time arguing. I start to have a problem with it when people start being seriously disrespectful to others. I am the kind of person that likes to make people question why they believe what they do as we are each others mirrors. Maybe if people take the time to have a serious discussion such as this it will cause some kind of positive change in somebody's life or plant a seed that will one day flourish. It certainly has been so in my case. *yes*

2. tater_one

tater_one Kapellmeister

Banned but not forgotten!

3. tater_one

tater_one Kapellmeister

And thank you saint for noticing how easy these people are manipulated and get upset over someone's stupid comments!

4. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

We don't mind stupid comments, it's the seriously disrespectful ones that are a problem.

5. tater_one

tater_one Kapellmeister

Disrespectful is a matter of opinion!

Ya sure most people would agree those comments were disrespectful. But thats most people.

6. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Dude this isn't some abstract philosophical idea...we have rules. I'm sure legality is a matter of opinion too but expect that you might get arrested if you're breaking the law. The bottom line is people don't like it, why would they? Would you like it if someone shat on the music you make? Even if you wouldn't mind it's still not something nice to hear and completely unnecessary. It's a lot easier to be civil and like I mentioned before there are ways of broaching the subject constructively such as that conversation that we had in the thread Look At This Picture. Just people sharing their thoughts.

7. tater_one

tater_one Kapellmeister

See that is what makes me mad. I thought this was a place to tell our opinions on music, whether they were good, bad, disrespectful, or offensive. But I guess not. We are only aloud to tell our opinions if they are polite ones. Thats f@#@##@ing censorship!

8. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Is this your first day on the internet? Every site has moderation. This isn't something new. We already talked about this many many times, there's different ways of saying the same thing. Feel free to share your opinions, just don't shit on anybody. If your only method of communication is tearing someone else down then you might want to look into that. You can even use curses just so long as they aren't directed at anyone else. It's really not that hard. *no*

9. tater_one

tater_one Kapellmeister

Ya I just got this netbook so I could stalk you! And if you have to reword your opinion into something polite, then it is not the same opinion.

10. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

No the idea behind the opinion is still the same, it's just the wording that's different.

11. Rolma

Rolma Guest

I make pop rock without a guitar bass or drums.
    I´m sorry I think i´m in the middle of something.
    surely on the wrong thread!

12. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Ironically that statement could also apply to this thread. I think you were trying to post in LudaSilence's thread Am I doing the right thing? And no worries Rolma, you rock no matter where you post. :mates:

13. Feridan

Feridan Newbie

I play the kazoo and I voted for hands down because I make Dance/Techno kazoo.

14. SAiNT

SAiNT Creator Staff Member phonometrograph

tater_one, welcome back *yes*
    I hope you do realize that i didn't block your IP intentionally and you will understand that this place has certain rules of behavior.

Catalyst, tater, what you both do here is actually called flood.
    if you two like to chat so much, why not move it into personal messages?

it's a shame really...

15. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

It was just a one time thing, I don't plan on doing this all the time. I know how useless it is to change someone's mind but I was just trying to point out that we can have a conversation about something without shitting on anyone else. *yes*

16. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

It was just a one time thing as I don't plan on doing this every day. I was just trying to point out that we can have a conversation about something without shitting on anybody else. Otherwise what are the rules for? And what happens when more people feel that it's okay to do that? Soon this place becomes Lord of the Flies. We're all here because we have a love of music, let's focus on those things that unite us rather than those things that would tear us apart. *yes*