Raise your hand if you don't make Dance/Techno music

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by poorlord, May 12, 2013.

?

Raise your hand if you don't make Dance/Techno

1. hands up (I don't make Dance/Techno)

5 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. hands down (I make Dance/Techno)

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. poorlord

poorlord Newbie

Just curious to hear from some of you folks who don't make Dance/Electronic/Techno/Dubstep/Trance etc etc....

3. virusg

virusg Rock Star

i raise my hand for Trance winch i believe is the most complex genre of all times :mates: ...oh yes i do appreciate all good tracks no matter in what genre they stay but Trance for me is something unique :wink:

4. Davey Jones

Davey Jones Producer

I don't. Nothing against it. It may be fun for some, but not for me.

5. The-RoBoT

The-RoBoT Rock Star

6. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

cinematic and Ambient stuff and sometimes drone/dark ambient. i do not count Ambient to EDM - because you can basically add real acoustic things to it.

7. Gramofon

Gramofon Producer

Halooo, gewd sir. Wee gots this amazing ploog-in for uuu. Heer, heer, enjoy:
    http://www.audionerdz.com/

:bow:

I assume you know about it but you can spend some hours of creative fun with it. It's similar to that in the video.

Can you sample it? :wow: And run it through top notch hardware, condenser-ribbon-hybrid mics, pre-amps, software and make it ultra clean. Why do some people tend to like that sound peaking and dirty? It's just beyond me.

8. Juvera

Juvera Member

Trance and Progressive stuff, I have even got support from the TOP DJ's as Above & Beyond.

9. Gramofon

Gramofon Producer

[​IMG]
    Oopsie, I hijacked the thread. Sorry OP.

On topic, I dunno. I prefer orchestral stuff/soundtracks and do blend some electronic elements in. But not the mainstream stuff. Mostly, like ambient/sfx/trip-hop etc. I like organic sounds more. But I also like software and stuff, so... Electronic has many sub-genres from soothing to hardcore. I listen to electronic. Just not all the time and not the ultra-commercial stuff. Rarely I'll try to make a more beat-like track but it's mostly for fun. I don't have a problem with electronic per se... More like with the lack of originality. (I don't know if you implied that or just don't like those genres generally but that also counts for me) When things turn into mass-production products, they tend to get pretty bad and boring... Fast. Something similar is happening recently with the "epic" orchestral tracks. I do like those types of tracks (I'm interested in the orchestrations and as a result, I also see them as some kind of training along with the listening) but they get old quickly.

Tbh, I could say I like almost everything - more or less - except the ones you mentioned. :rofl:

10. UV19

UV19 Member

I make ROCK using Ableton Live! (Though I'm not opposed to adding dance elements when needed; I grew up on classic rock, grunge, and then started spinning and writing progressive trance in high school before DAW based drums had the ability to sound like a real "drum kit").

11. Trannyfromanotherfanny

Trannyfromanotherfanny Newbie

I make marching band music on a harmonica, always naked, while having a milking machine sucking away on my private parts for inspiration. :wink:

12. UV19

UV19 Member

Sousa would be proud!

13. Someone

Someone Noisemaker

Doesnt nearly everybody believe that his favorite sytle is either the most complex or just the best? I personally believe Trance is a nice, but simple and because of it simpleness nice music-genre

---

I personally make Downtempo, Chillstep, Dubstep and much Hip-Hop lately

14. Gramofon

Gramofon Producer

Maybe. If I had to get into one of these genres, I feel like the easiest one would be this. It does seem to have an extra something compared to the rest. (I say that with the minimum possible listening experience but that's my impression)

15. lyric8

lyric8 Producer

I Don't Make ( Dance/Electronic/Techno/Dubstep/Trance ) i am a Hip Hop R&B Producer even though here in the US some commercialized Radio Hip Hop and R&B Music is starting to sound like Dance/Electronic/Techno/Dubstep/Trance at lest some New Dance/Electronic/Techno/Dubstep/Trance is starting to sound not so repetitious back in the day when it started Electronic/Techno/Trance you could Not even tell when the song changed to a different song it all sounded the same

16. evolasme

evolasme Producer

I make Music. mostly guitar based or keyboards ( analog synths) and some VSTi

to each there own but 4/4 receptiveness for 10 minutes aint my thing

:bow:

17. Vader

Vader Platinum Record

If you're referring to what kids now call Techno and Dance, then I'll raise my hand.
    As I don't even can call to more than 97% of that Techno or Dance.... I call it more garbage!

For me it's "real" Techno, Acid, House, Trance (Psy), or nothing.

Today's music it's 90% pure crap.
    All those called "artists" are just a product, NOT real musicians.

Man, even old school hip hop artists, are now making that thing that people call "Dance", because nobody cares (except some that are not aware) about hip hop anymore.

18. doof

doof Ultrasonic

what kind of music is that music you call music?

19. juboh

juboh Member

From where i come from, men dont dance.We HEADBANG!!!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

20. doof

doof Ultrasonic

obviously why all macho dudes have neck problems

21. duskwings

duskwings Platinum Record

i raise all my limbs