R2R talks on GONGGG release

Discussion in 'Software News' started by SomebodyIsHere, Nov 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tori

tori Platinum Record

Nice, i always wanted to try Falcon, but I don't think I will download every library, it's just too much and i think for many libraries there's a Kontakt alternative which maybe sounds even better....Just because it was uncracked for 15 years it doesn't mean it's the best thing ever. I'm mostly interested in the synth banks/sounds... I hope Vintage Vault gets shared .-.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  2. RitchieM

RitchieM Rock Star

I would say that it is possible, anything is if someone puts their mind to it, and given that R2R provided that AAX Unlocker for legit PT, maybe it is something they are working on?

The other thing I keep think of because of what has been said in the other thread is, people have done a lot of work in emulating older chips, and yes there is a CLU overhead in this, but given the age and output of new chips, maybe a hybrid solution is possible, even if it does defeat the whole point of using external DSP. This thought is all theoretical as I don’t have the knowledge to know for sure, but maybe someone who is deeply knowledgeable in these things has figured how to port the code to native, run an emu that is there purely for the authorisation or to fill in the gaps needed to authenticate. I look at the likes of the Line 6 Helix, it runs the same on the hardware as the plug-in version. The likes of the crack for Falcon, instead of cracking the software to strip the protection, they are emulating the authorisation side to open it up. They are thinking out the box.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. Al London

Al London Guest

dont buy it...is on sister site already,mate.

4. Al London

Al London Guest

nah..sorry,mate..i did download from sister site...is already there unlocked...loaded in falcon without problems...

5. clone

clone Audiosexual

@RitchieM, that is how some of the most truly stupid, but elegant hacks happen. a dumb loophole that then gets exploited further via technical means. privilege escalation. something silly like getting a valid NFR account that unlocks every plugin on the spot, and being able to convert a valid credential into something tampered with...

Look at the recent Protools fiasco on windows. a free/demo account to unlimited premium user? That is like FL v2 stuff to see happen. just so much more complex now. With a release, it burns a method. With UAD, wouldn't announcing to the world just be for nothing? If someone was in theoretical possession of a "free all UAD for life" exploit? oh, hell no.

Alchemy, Season 12.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. starkid84

starkid84 Producer

Bro, let me simplify it for you: There are multiple ways to crack the UAD plugins/Hardware ID requirements:

1. Trial exploit (used to work back in the day), could still work with modified binaries.

2. Modifying binaries, aka modifying the plugins to run natively, or with an emulator (this is possible, but requires the most work) Ironically, UAD plugins are coded to run natively when they are being programed, and then are ported over to use the UAD dsp platform after. So there are versions of UAD plugins that run natively, but they are not public.

3. Emulation of the sharc dsp. This would require modifying the emulator to run modified code, or emulate all legitimate calls/checks between hardware and software. Emulating the sharc chip can be done, and may have already been done, but probably not for cracking reasons.

4. Hardware modification to bypass or change hardware and software checks.

5. the "sharing is caring" exploit. This one works now, but requires a donor account.

Anyone who thinks it can't be done is super narrow minded, or uninformed. Don't confused "hasn't been done" for "CANT be done".

7. starkid84

starkid84 Producer

Exactly, this guy gets it.

8. Voekit

Voekit Producer

This should be related to the way UAs choose to handle authorization. If they put the code in the microcontroller, then software cracking is not feasible. Although it is possible to release a tool that can read and modify the binary in the ROM, it is still need to be based on UAD hardware.

So, you still have to buy a UAD card..Whatever.

9. Indigenous

Indigenous Member

This is so true of so much I have downloaded over the years, had i have bought the product I would have been pissed off that I wasted my money. 80% of the Kontakt sample libs are trash, even some of the big name orchestral libs are really poor... Like many, I am just curious as to how Falcon sounds. The best Piano for me these days is Pianoteq, it takes up almost no space and models what cannot be done in samples alone.

Edit: So having had a listen to Acousticsamples libs they are actually really good, when I am in a better situation (lost my job last year) I might try and buy a few of his libs...

10. schlagerfuzzi

schlagerfuzzi Ultrasonic

Nexus 4 is coming soon, we just upload it. Enjoy

11. Blackwidow911

Blackwidow911 Newbie

Yes saw it, that one is working.:wink:

But now the wave from expensions is over?:unsure:
    Realy i like to try Stringmachines2,program24 or Vintage vault 3..hope some one here send it..

12. RitchieM

RitchieM Rock Star

:rofl:
    Well aware, and it’s already installed, and I didn’t mean that in an arsey way btw, sorry if it came across like that.

13. odiza

odiza Producer

Warez Club Rule #1: people still want more.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  14. Aswad

Aswad Ultrasonic

so this is thr gong? last year was bigger

15. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

The Neanderthal as a hunter and gatherer.

Man as a collector
    Collecting is human nature. However, in the course of evolution and especially in the course of digital transformation, this primal property has changed. While collecting food was used for survival thousands of years ago and collecting (e.g. from postage stamps, coins or football trading cards) is purely a leisure activity in the private sector, collecting has a completely different meaning in the age of digitization.

Today the focus is on data from users, customers, interested parties, etc. But just like thousands of years ago, whoever has enough of the right food will survive. Data is the digital nourishment of the modern age and fuel for the development of digital business models. Anyone who has sovereignty over big data, who is able to analyze and interpret the data, will be successful in global competition in the long term.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  16. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

It is not the amount of data that is decisive, but the content.

17. starkid84

starkid84 Producer

Vintage vault is absolutely amazing, one of the best libraries (bundles) I have ever used/purchased.

The sound designers really out did themselves programing and crafting high quality patches that represent each synth very well. Also the editing capabilities are top notch, so much that you'd forget it is sample based. It's head over heels above most Kontakt synth based libraries for certain. That is one bundle that lives up to the hype.

I also purchased synth anthology, and it's meh...

• Like Like x 2
    • List
  18. Al London

Al London Guest

users share lot of uvi already,and still no ew..omg..cant wait when their do it..

19. Prinz Eugen

Prinz Eugen Guest

Greedy .......: "D

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. Al London

Al London Guest

no im not..im so gratefull for what their do always..is just im not into falcon and cant wait for ew ...nothing wrong to wish...but always grateful and happy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.