R2R talks on GONGGG release

Discussion in 'Software News' started by SomebodyIsHere, Nov 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thehumantragedy

thehumantragedy Noisemaker

I WANT UAD! LOL

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  2. thehumantragedy

thehumantragedy Noisemaker

https://ibb.co/Vw5KdrK

3. angelmtz8a

angelmtz8a Newbie

4. visitor

visitor Guest

Given that they wrote about it, EQ WILL come out. It's just a matter of when and totally at their discretion.

5. brokenwizard

brokenwizard Noisemaker

The problem with UAD is I can't imagine it being a priority for any warez group as people have to own the hardware to run them plugs which makes that a very niche group of people who would use them. Especially among people who would pirate plugins.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  6. Voekit

Voekit Producer

UAD be cracked for many years.

Hackers must understand electronic circuit analysis and embedded reverse engineering. They will disable the on-chip timer or modify the binary code to suspend the trial time. As long as you do not upgrade its firmware, you can continue to use it.
    Chinese hackers are engaged in this business, charge less than $1,000 (approx.6000 CNY), and provide additional hardware warranty for any problems with your UAD (if it has any other malfunctions, you don't need to contact UA)
    It is expensive, especially you will lose the official support of UA. The vast majority of people buy plugins directly from UA....

Even Analog Devices (the manufacturer of UAD chips) cannot provide fully accurate simulation. They recommend that users buy a development board to debug the program.
    Therefore, I don't think R2R will provide an emulation....

R2R's release of UAD is completely conspiracy.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. apenser

apenser Noisemaker

Any words of Toy Suite or Keysuite getting a release?

8. Jedi_Knight

Jedi_Knight Kapellmeister

Just a thought...the R2R text said NOTHING about the Gong. It merely said, "This is a BIG GAME". I suppose with text being taken at value that we should still expect to see this "GONG" at some point. The releases to date dont add up to 8tb like the pic suggested in the 10,000 release. More is to come I suspect.

9. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Audiosexual

When they decide to release east west, they may want to do it gradually.
    With a paid account 5TB+ is definitely not in the shared sites agenda of maximum download size allowed within a short space of time, unless you are a high end premium subscriber.

10. clone

clone Audiosexual

wouldn't that be good, if you are in the business of selling subscriptions? (server companies) people get impatient with further slowed down server speeds, maybe think it's "deleted soon", etc. and pay for something they normally wouldn't because they are in a rush. or have no other way to get it.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2021
  11. garfinkle

garfinkle Platinum Record

Lol. How stupid would one have to be to throw a grand at some Chinese hackers and expect them to provide "hardware warranty" over their "product". My whole studio is based around UAD. It's expensive and sometimes buggy and essentially it's as annoying as any other "pro" product but their after-sales commitment to the customers is very good.

You get what you pay for.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. apenser

apenser Noisemaker

is DECiBEL done releasing soundbanks?

13. clone

clone Audiosexual

Humor me. Which UAD device do you have, @garfinkle ?

14. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Audiosexual

Agreed. It's not like with the current cloud servers around the globe that they cannot allocate the space. But as you indicated, capitalism wins

15. Indigenous

Indigenous Member

I was just looking over the Acousticsamples website. I wonder if the dev, ever cared about stealing business from the original hardware manufacturers? I wonder how many people didn't buy a real piano or a guitar or trumpet, or even pay a session musician to play trumpet on a track because they could buy a cheap 50 euro UVI lib instead. It's funny how people don't consider sampling stealing.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  16. starkid84

starkid84 Producer

Ehh... I really think people should really stop saying the idiom "you get what you pay for". As with many other popular sayings, it is usually not true, objectively or otherwise. As someone who has spent over $100,000 on audio gear and many other devices and products, such a broad statement usually is just a blanket justification for uncritical support of company or product. Which is fine if that's how you get down, but for people who really look at the value of the products and the associated cost, you'll find many products and services are NOT always what you pay for, as cost and value rarely scale in a linear fashion.

-What do you do when Telefunken USA charges $1200 for a mic that is the same as a $200 Chinese OEM microphone with a new badge slapped on it?

-Or what do you do when apple charges $3500 for the same hardware that you could get in a equivalent PC for $800?

-What do you do when Universal Audio charges top notch prices for under featured interfaces, and antiquated dsp chips when the rest of the world has move on to native dsp processing? (this is coming from someone with long term and current experience with UAD products).

-What do you do when a cheaper, free, or less popular product (software, or hardware) beats out a super hyped, or super expensive product?

I think a better saying is: "you get whatever you're willing to pay for, for better or worse". Some forms of value can objectively be measured, everything else is subjective.

Oh and UAD exploits have been around for while. They are generally not well known, but I know of 2 exploits/hacks that have existed, and I know one still works.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2021
  17. Stuck In The 80s

Stuck In The 80s Rock Star

Take that argument further. He creates a library for a piano. How many other creators of piano libraries are now not going to get income because the consumer decides to purchase his piano library rather than theirs? (Money is not infinite, consumers usually have to make choices).

So I downloaded his libraries...

Will I ever use them?
    Probably not.

Why did I download them?
    As just one of many libraries released yesterday, I wanted to see what the hype was about Falcon 2.

Do I purchase software related to music making?
    Yes - Just this week, I've purchased Scaler 2, Mixed in Key Studio Edition, and ReMidi 2.

Would I have bought his library?
    No. For multiple reasons:
    1. I had never heard of Acousticsamples
    2. I already have access to multiple alternatives for each of his sampled instruments which are of equal or I would suggest higher quality than his.
    3. It requires the platform Falcon to run which I never had any intention of purchasing because as my suspicion has proved over the last 24 hours, my use of it would be no more than how I use Omnisphere or Kontakt. (i.e. very rarely).

So to summarise, the money he believes he has lost from me is completely fictional and never existed in the first place.

18. clone

clone Audiosexual

I think you will be surprised by some of the emulations.

19. Voekit

Voekit Producer

What I can tell you is that because customers will lose UA's support, those crackers have to provide maintenance services, otherwise, who would risk $1,000 for this? Do you know?
    Their purpose of providing this service is not to provide benefits, but to bring more business. If the cost of maintaining it is as high as maintaining BEHRINGER's products, it is clear that no one will do this.

I have experienced conversations with UA. I don’t deny that they provide excellent customer service, but this is not the same thing. I have also owned some UA products and their quality is also very good (although the software is terrible), but I Wouldn't believe that they will provide warranty for products with modified circuits, especially if the purpose of these modifications is to use UAD plugins in a cost-free manner.
    Just like plugin developers will not serve cracked version users.

20. clone

clone Audiosexual

Let me ask a possibly simple question then though. I understand hardware modification of devices such as you describe @Voekit; and the technical and warranty implications. I also understand the reasons a software "crack" without UAD hardware is useless.
    Why is a software unlock of physical hardware not possible? I ask this because when you first install, it tries/does install a local trial copy of every plugin they sell. (many of them, anyway).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.