R2R talks on GONGGG release

Discussion in 'Software News' started by SomebodyIsHere, Nov 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. odiza

odiza Producer

You seriously need a database.

:P

2. D____R

D____R Kapellmeister

After the best part of 20 years of seeing my own music being shared for free on torrent sites, ultimately culminating in the borderline criminal rates that musicians are paid by legal streaming services, I have no qualms about pirating the odd bit of software here and there. Not everything I can get my hands on, just a little. Musicians are told to find alternative sources of income everyday, their music more worthless as each year passes.

That said, as much as I am fascinated and astounded by the work of R2R (very grateful too), this release is super boring to me and I won't be stealing any food off of the plates of the developers this time around. Result!

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. FinalMasterv7.3

FinalMasterv7.3 Member

i see, i see... enough reasons not to do so

4. DonaldTwain

DonaldTwain Kapellmeister

In my experience they work fine on a 5400rpm drive as well. Maybe there would be a small difference in loading times if I used a 7200 drive but 5400 is satisfactory imo.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. thehumantragedy

thehumantragedy Noisemaker

Big gong my ass. Last years dump smokes this one

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. DJMani

DJMani Ultrasonic

Virtue.jpeg Audio software scammers.....err, I mean "developers"
    and software pirates arguing over Righteousness.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  7. dondada

dondada Rock Star

always wondered what's the difference? the names suggest a big overlap.
    or is it just 2 different bundles of their existing libs?

8. Indigenous

Indigenous Member

Move to an SSD and you will never go back to spinning rust for libs...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. dondada

dondada Rock Star

if that was actually true things like VSL VEP would not work
    no one needs a 10Gb network 1Gb is fine

10. No Doz

No Doz Producer

if we're going to be critical of theft, we need to be critical of the structure of the industry as a whole. majority of the working musicians and engineers i know don't have the money to spend on expensive plugins, VSTs, or sound libraries because everyone in music gets their payday before the people who's hard work and creativity actually births the product that the entire industry orbits around. agents, managers, lawyers, labels, production people, venues, merchandise manufacturers, physical and digital distribution services, gear companies, vehicle services, tour staff, etc.

this conversation is paralleled in the physical gear world constantly. the people with truly enviable equipment collections are typically the ones with "real careers" that hold music as a hobby and rarely contribute art back into the public pool, which results in a dwindled supply of equipment and market prices that are inflated beyond what the average career musician can actually afford. the stark contrast between all of the vintage les pauls out there that are dying in some dentist's climate controlled vault vs. all of the entry level modern production guitars that are playing big stages every night is a clinic in absolute absurdity

i feel for anyone who's not properly benefiting from their labor and their contributions to their community, and i don't think it's honest to act like using cracked software is some sort of morally righteous act, but this is all nuanced and there is definitely something to be said for making professional grade tools & equipment accessible to everyone regardless of their monetary means. when music takes a step towards becoming a more equitable place it transforms into a boon for all parties involved, financially and otherwise

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  11. Kacho_kora

Kacho_kora Newbie

Hello friends :),

Let me start of by saying this is such a amazing community and I am glad to finally be part of it.

I have actually legit purchased 8 bit synth a while back and would love to share it.

For the life of me I cannot figure out how to generate the licence. The instructions mentioned using an emulator but I cannot find anything in the installation folder or UVI emu to do it.

If you could kindly assist me this matter I’ll have it up for sharing.

The library is about 1GB. Unfortunately that’s the only UVI lib I own.

12. frozensnow

frozensnow Producer

Feel free to PM me, I'll gladly help you out on how to generate a license as I've shared a few libraries myself with the community too.

13. BenniTheBlockbuster

BenniTheBlockbuster Producer

Can anyone give me some Informnations, maybe via PM .

Is the East West Opus Engine coming to the Sister Site ?

I just wanted to know, because i must order a big Hard drive...

14. odiza

odiza Producer

Maybe we should learn some piano until the next wave. I have a clue we get assistance.

15. Al London

Al London Guest

thanks r2r and all the releasers and uploaders for all...

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2021
  16. frozensnow

frozensnow Producer

There's no need to be this childish.

First of all, R2R doesn't owe you anything. They are releasing this out of their free will at their sole discretion because they want to.They could have easily not mentioned anything and we'd all be none the wiser.

Secondly, East West libraries are huge. Everything together is multiple terabytes. Things like this take time and require planning on everyone's part so that it's done properly.

Lastly, R2R doesn't do this as their job, they earn nothing from doing this. Be patient, your life doesn't depend on this and you won't die by waiting patiently.

You'll get your East West stuff but just give our friends at R2R some time to do their magic. We've all waited 15~ years on an East West release, a few more days doesn't hurt.

17. BambooPestle

BambooPestle Producer

Not even 2 days have passed yet after Falcon release. Be patient

18. Al London

Al London Guest

im not complainint at all,,im not a child..notice in all the replys i did,im been very grateful for all what their did...their dont own us nothing...and just to let you know..i do have terminal cancer..ive got 2 years or so....that was like a knife in my heart...im not blaming you anyway,as you dont know me...and you are right...im sorry if i offend anybody with my comment...was a bit inmature..maybe because the clock really is ticking for me..take care.

19. Al London

Al London Guest

one question ive got...anybody had loading problems with bohemian violin and bohemian cello for falcon?i put both of them in a ssd but take ages to load...just those libs...strange..

20. anon69

anon69 Producer

For all the people saying "r2r gong will come backs and release full protools! They just could not have released this version and stopped!" Put on your clown makeup and hats! Lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.