R2R talks on GONGGG release

Discussion in 'Software News' started by SomebodyIsHere, Nov 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Helo @starkid84, thanks for the short review. The taste of music is very different, what one likes is terrible for the other.

2. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

What would you wish for if you had 3 free wishes?

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. poly

poly Platinum Record

There was a good old time where Radium releases only audio stuff which cost above 50 bucks to prevent hitting small devs. Not ideal for all situations but hey, a step in the right way.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  4. clone

clone Audiosexual

no, because now they would just make more plugins cost 49.95. discounted from 499$, of course.

sorry to edit. Does anyone think r2r was rushed to put this release out on Black Friday?

Why not crack it, use it for free for a nice long time to check out, say nothing, and then when the developer has done all the upgrades/bug fixes for that versions release cycle;
    and then "pull out a last minute squeaker"?

Maybe you will get bored with free Falcon synthesis, and armed with double the expansions I have, but a year later for me and it's in every project almost; for some elements.(None of them are angry violin guy's samples, I promise). I actually remember being sort of put off by the sound of it initially. I use various fx before and after it almost all cases.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2021
  5. poly

poly Platinum Record

Maybe anyone make a poll here (my english is not the best :bleh:) to see a little statistic of this situation how many buys for professional work with official track/work releases (or not), piracy (can't buy it anytime do low budget) or piracy do hobbyist only, ett.

Sure it is then not representative for all but gives a glimpse whats going on.

For me i'm a hobbyist since ProTracker/RB-338/Fruity Loops with warez releases till now.
    I bought since then some stuff but never ever high prized software do low budget.
    I never got money for anything what i produced but had so much fun with friends, weed, beer @ fridays in the evening ^^.
    I'm using maybe max. 8% of this software what is on my SSD and bought it, mostly.

But if i release something like a Top100 hit i go straight to the shop and buy anything what i used for. If i get a small money for a work i'll buy for sure something little from a little dev.

So in conclusion for me: A big THANKS to all audio devs & warez groups. It is my inspiration, obsession and fulfillment in one, and hey, music makes the world a little better (mostly i think).
    An old statement from the Love Parade in Germany was: Music is the key.

• Like Like x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  6. Al London

Al London Guest

ew opus,hollywood choirs and voices of the empire,will be my 3 wishes.lol

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. odiza

odiza Producer

I still don't believe that sales drop 90% story (as long as that doesn't mean he had 10 customers before the crack and one after). Because this would imply every musician out there is a warez user if he can get access, and a legit customer when it's uncracked. That simply isn't true.

But yeah, for sure, it's not tolerable to see your work thrown away for free to ppl that by definition are thieves then, absolutely. Anyway, you can't stop this to be done, you can only react. You can drop the price for your product, you can change your protection mechanism, you can ask to remove download links, but you simply can't stop digital reproduction and sharing of your work in general. That sucks, but you have to deal with that situation or get another method of income generation.

8. Synclavier

Synclavier Rock Star

Not so interested in samples, so what libraries show the synth power of Falcon?

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  9. Prinz Eugen

Prinz Eugen Guest

He can change the concept a little, and he will already be bought for this
    What he says does not apply to the actual market for any product.

I always feel a little sorry for the manufacturer, and they dramatize it all ...
    (At the moment, there is not one serious product available to you that could kill the entire audio market)

Not any....
    All the power of Falcon lies in tremendous flexibility and workflow optimization.
    Also you have the best DSP code of all presented. (I would say one in a million).

But there are libraries like Vintage collection, which is good too

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  10. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  11. frozensnow

frozensnow Producer

Sorry to derail the conversation (I don't mean to if I am), but does anyone know if there's a list of libraries that have been shared or are in the pipeline to be shared on sister site or wherever?

Right now Olymoon called for us to stop sharing momentarily as there were many libraries that were going to be uploaded but it seems the flow of libraries on the sister site stopped for the moment from what I can tell.

Not being greedy here, just want to help provide some more stuff if and where I can to the community but right now I'm not sure what to go for as I don't have the money to buy just everything there is. Uploading things twice wouldn't really help anyone out either. EG: WaveRunner has been uploaded twice on sister site afaik.

12. The Revenant

The Revenant Platinum Record

I personally collect women. I can eat the less pretty ones to survive and use the top-tier to reproduce my own genes. Two birds with one stone!

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. FinalMasterv7.3

FinalMasterv7.3 Member

good point, but afaik we cant do much atm but waiting..
    with the wave we should have started with a big google docs spreadsheet... maybe also with paypal moneypool links for expansions maybe even polls which expansion to buy first, just my thoughts...

maybe we can learn from this experience and do it all better with EW expansions

14. bobdule

bobdule Rock Star

people asking for East west don't know it need a gammer machine. who got NVMe SSD drives?
    about 1 To only for the Opus Edition of the symphonic orchestra.

1.1.2 System Requirements
    Below are the minimum and recommended hardware and software specifications for using Opus on Windows and MacOS systems.
    Minimum System:
    • CPU: Quad-core (four cores), running at 2.7 GHz (or above)
    • RAM: 16 GB
    • OS: MacOS 10.13 (or later); Windows 10 with ASIO sound drivers
    • Drive: SSD
    Recommended System:
    • CPU: Octa-core (eight cores), running at 2.7 GHz (or above)
    • RAM: 32 GB or more
    • OS: MacOS 10.13 (or later); Windows 10 with ASIO sound drivers
    • Drive: NVMe SSD

it may run slower on outdated machines.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  15. FinalMasterv7.3

FinalMasterv7.3 Member

wow, apparently its the first plugin which fully utilizes my pc by its own
    seems like its time to upgrade my RAM

16. frozensnow

frozensnow Producer

I think the docs idea is a good one, but the PayPal idea may result in scams or let downs if the library that xyz person wants isn't voted on first.

I think it'll honestly be fine, many MANY Kontakt libraries "require" you to have an SSD as well with a beefy amount of RAM and a high end CPU, OT, Spitfire Audio etc for example ask this. Yet the libraries work and load fine from a standard drive so long as it's 7200rpm. The libraries can be loaded on lower end systems as well. You can adjust the amount that is loaded into ram and thus reduce the amount of samples that are streamed. It's not ideal but it works fine. This is similar to how Kontakt has its preload buffer in the settings.

As for RAM, I used their composer cloud for a while a couple of years ago (Hollywood diamond collection stuff) and it really doesn't need all those things to run.

If you plan to use it seriously, in a huge template? Yeah duh. But at that point you're not really going to have this problem. I never ran into issues using it on lower end systems myself. Although that has been a few years ago, play6 might have increased the requirements? I doubt it but eh... Also, I think the specs that companies list are usually on the higher end, so that they can always backtrack if a customer has problems and point at the list of requirements. In practice it shouldn't be a problem. At worst you'll need to prerender some elements. Besides, the requirements may actually be there for if you want to load every single thing in the collection. Which .. well, makes sense. Loading it all at once is obviously not something you'd do realistically. And when you do, I don't think system requirements are an issue since everything else out there...

Also, This reviewer literally loads opus from a hard-drive but then lists an SSD for requirements (as that's the official requirements).. Lastly, it could be just opus, the standard Hollywood stuff doesn't need this, I actually know that for a fact.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  17. FinalMasterv7.3

FinalMasterv7.3 Member

Youre 100% right with the scammers!
    must be someone trustworthy e.g. olymoon or decibelle

18. frozensnow

frozensnow Producer

One major issue with this approach is that personal information gets sent out when you send money over paypal. Full name for example. The only way around this is that everyone could make a dummy account but that would give a huge red flag to PayPal and whoever is in charge of being the "wallet" will get investigated for sure

19. odiza

odiza Producer

Now this is what i would call "organized crime" :)

20. frozensnow

frozensnow Producer

Have you seen my desktop? No? Me neither, I have it hidden, it's yet another folder on my end. New folder (45) in fact as naming things "asdadas" became too much effort. Nothing organized going on here. In fact it's criminally unorganized

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.