R2R please come back. We miss you...

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Caldera, May 25, 2017.

1. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

If you really love music you know its roots no matter what genre... @Herr Durr
    Nah, he was already in Pailhead when I discovered his music.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

little bands like that were sort of hard to discover back then..unless you were really looking for them somehow..
    didn't even know about REM until 1985 when they played here ... I think I picked up the Minor Threat discs in late 80's too... apparently they were only together from 80 - 83

3. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

Come on man, this stuff is timeless....

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  4. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

yeah it is... but it's been a long time my man... haha.. I only see Makaye when he hangs out with Rollins or something these days..

is he even in a band now? not much on the air.. if you know what I mean..

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2017
  5. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

As a matter of fact he is. A rock duo. She plays the drums. Been in this since 2000 I think

They toured for it too. High schools and universities for $5 shows. True punk rock spirit.

6. andeby

andeby Member

@subGENRE Since you seem to know your shit about all this stuff I'm hoping I could ask you a quick question.

I noticed twice now that d16 group plugins have been uploaded, first two plugins separately then a bundle. Both times R2R patches/cracks. Both times removed shortly after. Do you know why they get removed every time? I already bought Decimort and Devastor a while ago so it doesn't really matter for me, but I'm very curious as to why they are removed every time. Do R2R want to keep certain plugins internal only?

Very sorry if this is a type of question I am not supposed to ask. I'm purely curious, not complaining. :)

7. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

Chill @subGENRE , I got this. ok here is the deal... Sometimes a new product comes out and the protection is the same as all of the others, so a person takes the installer and adds the R2R method to it , but it's not an official R2R release and there are certain mods that respect that and delete it, Now as far as some of the postings?? Well that is up to the folks that race the stuff. Some like to post everything as individuals and some wait a bit and bundle a certain developers releases. It's basically a "each to their own" situation. And yes R2R does keep a lot internal but not for selfish reasons, R2R tends to wait and see. No real reason to release version 1.0 of something if it is full of bugs and has problems, They rather wait and see how it all works out before releasing a shitty plug or Vsti

8. The Revenant

The Revenant Platinum Record

Nothing to do with R2R's whishes : if they want something to stay "internal" it will stay internal... unless a bitch like Sunny/Magnetrixx/Fantastic/iamcameran/etc. spread it without permission. But even in this case it will not be deleted from any warez site, and that's because R2R's whishes doesn't compete against money. D16's material disappeared from the sister site showcase because of a DMCA complaint.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

I forgot all about the DMCA part of the equation ,thanks for mentioning that as it does make a big difference

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2017
  10. andeby

andeby Member

Thanks for the insight, it makes more sense now. I did not think of DMCA requests either. Best to stay out of trouble. :)

Huge respect to those people out there that put themselves at risk to bring us so much good stuff. If I ever got the point of making money off my production I would buy more plugins, for now as a hobbyist I can only thank them all for all the 'extended trials' and the great work they do. And of course a big thanks to the fine people here that share them with the rest of us!

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  11. Skaunker

Skaunker Kapellmeister

The tension resides in the nodal notion of "public".
    The scene is, sincerely, something incredible.

12. Psychoacoustic

Psychoacoustic Producer

Dear R2R, you're releasing too often! Take a break and chiiiiillll.

13. flyingsleeves

flyingsleeves Platinum Record

I wouldn't mind if R2R took an extended vacation. People would be forced to either buy stuff or use outdated software. That might separate some wheat from the chaff so there's not as many people producing crappy music. Unfortunately R2R is indirectly responsible for the huge amount of bad music in the world today. The true artists are those who spend their hard earned money on their tools.

I know I'm not going to be very popular for saying that, but fukit...I was never popular :winker:

14. atreehaseyes

atreehaseyes Kapellmeister

Elitist bullshit isn't usually popular, no.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Elitist and hypocrite...Those usually goes hands in hands...Well hopefully R2R and others will keep on releasing, we will keep on enjoying nice music made by anyone willing to learn it and not only by aristocrats who think that only those who can afford it should be able to embrace their passion.
    It's a very imbecile line of thinking anyway. There are enought tools to sustain people for the next two centuries, nothing will ever get dried out now, and music - at least the access to tools to do it - has been irrevocably democratized.
    Which is why R2R do what they do, not to please the ones against the scene who can pay for their toys.

16. The Revenant

The plebs buy instruments of their passion.
    Aristocrats make them.
    [​IMG]
    Louis XVI "the King locksmith" at the forge with Gamain.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
  17. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Hum...Kind of the other way around...Louis XVI got his hands dirty as a hobby, the "plebe" was actually the one doing the work. That's kind of what cost him his head. The guy who made his secret armory that really screwed him at his trial, gave away what he had done for him, thus sealing his fate. Which is the guy on the picture that illustrates your comment ironicaly (and maybe purposely on your side), Gamain. It's him who went to see Roland and denounced the King. If he had only been able to do things by himself like a good plebian, who knows ? Maybe monarchy would still be here...
    Fortunately he had to pay for what he couldn't provide. :rofl:

18. The Revenant

Was joking, of course.
    Beside jokes, as you seems aware of l'Histoire de France, let me inform you that "The letters requesting help from foreign sovereigns and presented as from him (the King) were fakes from the queen, and his entourage and the armoire de fer was a pure invention of certain revolutionaries." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_and_Pierrette_Girault_de_Coursac
    That's mean François Gamain didn't denounced the King at Roland de La Platière. Roland was the instigator of this machination.
    More on this here (in french):
    https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_XVI#Sur_son_proc.C3.A8s
    https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_et_Pierrette_Girault_de_Coursac

19. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

:) Yeah I'm aware of those revisionist thesis, there is such a movement since like Burke...more a fan of Aulard, Mathiez and Jaurès on the matter, i recommand their readings. They had access to original sources that disappeared after...

20. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

Just saying not everybody can afford instruments and computers. I have witnessed with my own eyes more than once, children prodigies using their musical talents on a street corner in Bangkok, just so they wont go hungry. A toddler playing a ukulele with tape all over the neck. A little girl playing a set of tuned steel drums hammerd out of discarded rusty metal barrels. If somehow they were able to get a hold of a computer or laptop, its the scene that would give someone like this a possibilty that they would not of had otherwise. IMO

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List