R2R PA: Core Wrapper or plugin scan issue

Discussion in 'Software' started by Rock2112, Dec 4, 2023.

1. Rock2112

Rock2112 Member

I have one particular machine where it appears that the R2R Core Wrapper does nothing. Either that, or Studio One simply refuses to scan the plugins that require it (which are all 1KB in size in the Plugin Alliance plugin VST2 and VST3 folders). This means the majority of plugins do not get found, no matter what I do. Win10, Studio One 6.5.

I have:

- Tried a complete uninstall/reinstall, with all PA folders deleted and reg entries cleaned in between.
    - Made an exception for the R2R core wrapper file (R2RPA22.dll) in the windows AV.
    - Installed in EXACTLY the order and according to R2R instructions.
    - Used all the default install locations.
    - Reset the blocklist in Studio One before attempting scans.
    - Tried deleting the "Plugin Scanner" folder for Studio One in appdata, which causes Studio One to regenerate it.
    - And to be clear, in these efforts, the first thing I did after full uninstall and cleaning was install the latest core wrapper AS administrator.
    - I have tried installing the plugins using the "bat" files R2R provides (which do not run if you run the bat file as administrator), and also by installing some of the offending files individually, running the setup exe as administrator. Same result.

Any ideas not on the list above would be appreciated!

3. Rock2112

Rock2112 Member

One other nugget - I had the previous 2022 R2R bundle installed to start, and uninstalled it all. That bundle never worked, as it had the plugin deactivation R2R mentions in the new bundle nfo. The plugins in the new bundle that do scan do not deactivate, as I followed R2R's advice to keep the license on an external thumb drive.