R2R Izotope AuthAssistant and iLOk...help please

Discussion in 'Software' started by Beth, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Beth

Beth Guest

Can anyone help please :)

If i already have iLok software installed with legit licensces on my computer is it ok to install things like R2R Izotope Mobius Filter which says to replace the AuthASssitant.exe with their cracked version. Will this mess up any existing legit iLok licenses etc? :unsure:

(oh gosh just had a thought....if its not ok to post this on here please tell me and i'll delete it or mods go ahead and do so )

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2016
  3. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

example, I had legit cubase elements installed on my system, then tried intsall some enhanced demos from sister site
    that also were entwined with those protections, and it hosed my legit installations ..

so you are right to tread carefully... do you have another lap or desktop you could install the enhanced software on to be safe?
    It's a cumbersome work around, but mixing legit and non,
    within the context of protections will likely have some consequences

and who wants to go begging steinberg for a new auth, because umm,
    the dog ate your dongle !! ?

that being said.. it could depend on case by case as well, in fact I just installed updated
    Izotope on my system and have had no issues, but then I did not try to run any other
    legit program yet with the dongle for my ilok stuff, perhaps one tactic is to just not
    run legit and non at the same time....?

further info is beyond my scope, others can advise

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2016
  4. Beth

Beth Guest

@Herr Durr ...thanks for your input :)

I was indeed thinking it may mess up my other licenses and i dont know enough about ilok,pace,elicenser etc to work it all out. I dont have a dongle. i just have licenses stored in iLok sofware on my hardrive.

I was only going to try out Steinberg Padshop and Izotope Mobius but i guess i can live without them lol. I do have an old laptop i could possibly try them on but it's a bit of a dinosaur really :dunno:.

Thanks again x

5. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

You can do it no problem...The R2R crack doesn't mess at all with your legit products, you only replace the authassistant of the product you need to "enable", and then when you use it thinks that you have an ilok dongle inserted (I own all the iztp stuff except RX5, I run the R2R for this last one, no prob). It's a crack that acts on a per software basis it doesn't touch the ilock software...

EDIT : yeah, I can confirm no issue. I've just installed the Mobius thing, it works (nice plug btw) and the rest of my iztp plugs are still good.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  6. Beth

Beth Guest

@Talmi Thanks for that information ! Maybe i will be able to test it then :)

7. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

@Beth No problem :wink:, if you feel like testing, then testing you can. The installation is pretty straightforward but don't hesitate to ask if you need help.

8. Beth

Beth Guest

You're so nice :thanks:

9. Herr Tony

Herr Tony Producer

I am planning on buying the moogerfooger plugins, since it is unknown if sister site will release them... I am about to install the Ilok manager, hate to install dead weight software as ilok but seems like the only way to have the Moogerfoogers right now. Thx for sharing this, had the same question.