R2R falling apart?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Caldera, Jan 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. statik

statik Audiosexual

oh fuck me, this really is getting to the level of flat earth, my brain is starting to hurt from all the dumbz

2. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

You realize of course that the brain,although it converts signals INTO what we perceive as pain, has no nerves by which to send pain signals.
    Therefore the pain must actually BE IN the dumbz.

3. Cafenegro

Cafenegro Member

If R2R were truly ‘working’ (read ‘stealing’) for the people of the world, why do they have private releases? Why do they crack $5 stuff from ultra-small small developers like Hornet? Why did they go crazy when other people were selling memberships for cracked software, effectively stealing from the thief? Why would they suddenly not touch products from Melda, Native Instruments, Sonimus, etc.? Why is it that certain cracks suddenly disappear, like Amplesound guitar releases?

It’s pretty clear they are doing this for money - and that is their decision. My point is that we don’t have to pretend or worse, believe, that they are doing this selflessly. They are not. They are in this for money and need the fans of pirated software as much as the fans need R2R. It’s symbiotic relationship, with software developers the victims of this shady alliance.

I do not care one way or the other, as I have very little, need very little and use very little. A single daw (Studio One) and a dozen carefully selected plugins I bought legally over more than 10 years. I do not need R2R and have nothing to be ‘grateful’ for. I’m not against R2R or people who use cracked software: if I were very poor in a poor country, I’d probably use it, too. I’m not a saint - I’m just lucky to be in a position where I can afford to do the right thing.

4. statik

statik Audiosexual

:deep_facepalm::deep_facepalm::deep_facepalm::deep_facepalm::deep_facepalm::deep_facepalm::deep_facepalm:

5. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

So much misinformation in this thread, Here are the Facts!! R2R does not make any money for their work, for them it's all about pride and anyone that actually knows the "Scene" and has axx to the IRC's would see that it's all about bragging rights. The suggestion that "they" make money from a Developer is nonsense. If they had money like some have suggested ,we would have better releases. but many have brought up they keep releasing the same stuff ,mainly updates. but that all comes from the suppliers or stuff that they personally use. remember people the "Warez" scene is all about supply and share , not for demanding!! They do the best as they can with what they have and we all should be grateful to all the teams. Silly threads like this on a Public forum is exactly why the teams take a few days off due to the over exposure. Threads like this is the very reason myself and my partner in crime stopped sharing and went internal

All our old releases: https://audiop2p.com/index.php?Page=1

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Daz

Daz Guest

"the earth is flat!! nasa is lying!! gravity is fake!! the earth cant be round caus how the f would that work, people be falling of. water dont stick to no ball. NASA IS LYING!!!"
    Did he really say that, where did he post it?
    If that's what he thinks you guys are wasting your time trying to get through to him about anything, and some of the others on this thread aren't playing with a full deck either.

7. statik

statik Audiosexual

no but he might as well, the conspiracy theories that are being made up in this thread are very similair to how the flat earth movement makes their points. lots of repeating the same point over and over again, no proof is given, no sources quoted, they dont listen to reason, dismiss everything that goes against their believes etc. etc. etc.

8. ThorntonQ

ThorntonQ Producer

Surprised this thread is still going. Regardless of anything already said major releases have indeed dried up. The usual deluge at New Years releases never happened. As for the reasons it matters not. Warez was never an entitlement but without these genius people sharing their knowledge a lot of peoples computer would barely have an operating system on them let alone the mass software that the likes of R2R released.
    The greatest spell was the AudioUtopia releases amazing stuff from the most sought after software the likes of which we'll most likely never see again.

9. Daz

Daz Guest

Yes I see, you were being sarcastic, and I see your point.
    To go a bit off topic, which doesn't really matter on this thread anymore, speaking of the Flat Head Society, Elon Musk posted this question on Twitter...

"Why is there no Flat Mars Society?

The flat heads replied...

"Unlike the Earth, Mars has been observed to be round."
    :deep_facepalm:

https://www.sciencealert.com/the-fl...d-elon-musk-twitter-beautiful-mars-conspiracy

I wonder how many of them have bought these shirts...

https://www.amazon.com/Earth-Society-Members-Around-Globe/dp/B07FCWM8DN

10. statik

statik Audiosexual

ok that made my day and it's not even noon, that elon musk one i didnt know yet. it would be fascinating were it not so incredibly stupid but i'll settle for hilarity too

11. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

how ppl are brainwashed with fake flat earth deflection or rep allien deflection....so easy the dumb masses are controlled so easy...since private tv channel entered , the big dumbness has starting to enfold .....also when not blv in it..naming it does only bring more deflection...
    you here ...you can speak english...so you able to sort it out...if i would speak german only..i would kno nothing bout the big picture..and ppl will tell there is no big picture...cause they kno nothin bout history ,politix and emphaty

and deflection the masses with dumb shit is political to me....
    when talkin bout flatearth you must cut it out and say , other wise ppl take flatearth and stuff whats true also for flatearth dumbshit...its much more easy than get all the infos and build own opinion..

i dont blv in antartic shit but UN guys did go down there after ww2 and after that first contract after ww2 was made...the pole or another area down there i dunno exactly anymore is a strict no go zone for all....

forget bout flat earth and rep allien and begin to learn something bout history and politix..this sentence is adressed to none special just a common shout out..

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
  12. Cafenegro

Cafenegro Member

There’s nothing that people owe to R2R - without the leechers, R2R would not have any leverage against developers. It’s a mutually beneficial relationship.

As for the naive theory that R2R cracks software for ‘pride’, what sort of ‘pride’ is there in stealing other people’s work? If they really wanted to show off their skills, they would be helping the open source community make free products of equal or better quality that their commercial counterparts.

R2R are thieves and nothing else. Thieves who benefit from R2R’s stolen goods are willing to deny it, of course, for obvious reasons!

13. NanoBeat

NanoBeat Ultrasonic

No comment!

14. NanoBeat

NanoBeat Ultrasonic

That’s cool bro and maybe others share your opinion..just coz you think it don’t make it so in the “real” world where your ideas don’t necessarily apply?

15. statik

statik Audiosexual

no no, please comment

16. shawnsdada

shawnsdada Member

@cafedumbass

If you don't care about r2r and what they do, then why are you commenting on them at all?

They are the only thing you've posted about here and you only post about them during periods where they haven't released anything.

Stop saying you only use a few things and it's all paid for over the last 10 years. If you have no interest in using this type of stuff, you wouldn't be on here.

Someone complaining as much as you could only be one of the two:

1.) You're part of a dev team and r2r cacked something of yours.

2.) You're actually a huge warez user and are acting like this as a sad attempt to try pushing them to release something.

Which is it? Because most of your comments only appear during the periods where they haven't released in a little while. Which leads me to believe you're number 2 and I don't just mean the number *wink wink*

Find a new hobby and stop with the hissy fits

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  17. ontschoeit

ontschoeit Kapellmeister

ITT: People being afraid of R2R getting pissed off and hence crawling... Some massive crawling going on. Poor R2Rs anus.

But please let me participate in the choir: R2R, I WANT TO MAKE BABIES WITH YOU

18. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

Denial of the element of pride associated with cracking software goes against the historical facts of cracking in general.
    A major part of both hacking and cracking is pride... perhaps better called ego in some cases.
    Either way, it is not naive to assume pride is a major factor, but a logical assumption.

When one's own statements in support of a hypothesis are actually evidence against the hypothesis, something other than facts are involved.
    Motivations other than learning the truth or what is real are in play.
    Assumptions of greed and other forms of "evil" often override consideration other aspects, and can even cause denial or in the extreme, actual failure to perceive other aspects. I think that may be the case here with many people.

Sometimes it is not actual denial, and if engaged, those who seem to deny might actually admit the evidence, but likely would say it is irrelevant. Why irrelevant? Motivated reasoning. Of course all evidence might be weighed and calculated within a matrix of evidence for and against a theory... But when such a high-level moral aspect is assumed, it often motivates all further calculations.
    And most people do not have theories anyway, but conclusions. Better they be called "opinions" to highlight the fact that those who hold them do not wish to TEST THEM, but to defend them.

And when a top-level moral element is involved, the motivation is often strong.
    After all, what else REALLY MATTERS when one has identified a top-level moral element such as "evil" in this case (greed).
    In another case, identification of a top-level moral element such as something "sacred" can have a similar effect, causing evidence to be ignored or (again in extreme cases, involving preconceptions) not even perceived.

Anyway, money may or may not be a factor, as well as other motivations both individual and shared.
    Sometimes motivations shared by groups of people drawn together by just such motivations, such as striving pride & ego, or perhaps money.
    At root they are all emotional forces "emotivations", no matter how intellectual the mathematical challenge or ruthless the greed.
    There are deep biological forces underlying the manifestation of all striving. It is to live.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  19. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

All those questions. Why, indeed...
    You have your logical conclusions but your logic seems flawed as some of your statements seem evidence AGAINST the "for money" idea.
    Why private releases? Greed is one logical conclusion here. (Others I have not thought about yet)
    Why crack $5 stuff? Indeed. Who would pay them to NOT crack it...so WHY crack it at all? Why waste the time?
    Greed? I can't see how for this...
    Why go crazy when others make money off the efffort? It COULD be greed, but also could be that they don't like the idea of money being made off their work at all. Is that not an idea worth considering? It is what they say... They could be lying, but couldn't they mean it?
    Why suddenly not touch certain products/disappearing releases.. Well, you seem to have your mind made up, but there are many other reasons I can think of, both technical and personal relating to time and life for both the individuals and the group's decisions.
    Are those other reasons out of consideration? You make no mention of them as possibilities...

I keep seeing the same sort of thing from those who bash R2R and other groups as well:
    Conclusions and the reasons given, but the reasons are weak... and some illogical, offering more as evidence against the conclusion than for it.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  20. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

Damn ... I had not considered..
    Could my use of R2R's Korg X-poly be funding terrorism ..or worse yet, supporting the CIA ?!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List