R2R cracked Acustica, I just can't believe it

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by justwannadownload, Nov 20, 2023.

1. DontKnowJack

DontKnowJack Producer

I have been using Amber, Gainstation and Pink in 48khz in Ableton 11 without any major issues whatsoever. In fact, it sounds really good. No artifacts or weird frequencies at all. :dunno:

• Like Like x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  2. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

it's not, the sister site is handling 5 million page refresh query per second. :rofl:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  3. Nightmix

Nightmix Producer

Acustica plugins work on Windows 7 without the Framework. Has anyone tried the R2R versions on Windows 7? I'm thinking they won't work, because I suspect the Acustica plugins for Windows 10/11 and Windows 7 are different versions of each plugin. (?????) So if that's the case, it means the R2R plugins are Windows 10/11 only.

4. rsam

rsam Newbie

I want to know why not package it as an exe installation package. It's not possible to change the path now, which takes up a lot of space

5. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

guys, I'm so gonna start a thread about all the fault i found with proof for 48kHz error but can't do it for now. Wankarlo will gloat and include it all in the his next public statement, imma let R2R take the win for now even if it hurts me. Ill endure it all. FYI R2R AA plugin with Hyper (the newer plugins) working fine. Ash Ultra sometimes giving error but not consistence which is likely the plugin bug itself.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2023
    • Like Like x 4
    • List
  6. kotsaris

kotsaris Noisemaker

Newest NFOs are so funny in contrast with dev's answer. I wouldn't mind if they release just a plugin per day, just to have this back and forth.

7. DonCaballero

DonCaballero Producer

I really enjoyed today's notes from the witches, including pointing out a "serious security flaw in the protection", which might not be an accident. Just one more example of invasive copy protection only punishing legitimate customers...

8. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

get the new ULTRAMARINE 4 plugin and run the EQA27. you will hear the highest end content disappear the moment you turn on the preamp (that thing in the center) @48khz. Now oversample it 2X with Bluecat Patchwork to 96kHz and hear the difference. Make sure to actually use track that has extended high end content.

The reverb ULTRAMARINE4REV at 100% wet sounds like a joke at 48kHz lol. :rofl:

• List
  9. apostolica

apostolica Member

You can tell who hasn't designed sounds in Falcon before.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. lbnv

lbnv Platinum Record

Your question is a bit strange.

How will they detect it? They can detect their cracked plugins, it's possible. But how can they do it for software of other companies? Copy protection systems are so diverse.

And why should AA bother about cracked software in whole? They think about themselves in the first place, they don't think even about their customers.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  11. clone

clone Audiosexual

I very much doubt they are doing this with other companies' software. But that doesn't mean they could not share any data they accumulate about their own software with other "companies". Especially because they would be "detecting" themselves. See the mp4 video of the guy using R2R Credland Stereo Savage they included in a release. user in the picture is "[email protected]" in the screen capture.

[​IMG]

They will suspend your account very quickly. Just for even downloading some trials. That is not an IP address based ban (yet). It just locks the account, like you had a bad upload ratio on torrent tracker. You do not even need to have anything installed to be "detected". Many users don't think about it but there are many things that can result in a detectable pattern, like a "poker tell" in the data. I think the "detection" is maybe even possible by the Aquarius program storing an "inventory list" right when the application is closed. And then it could compare that list against the "new inventory" to detect changes or anomolies. There are almost these exact features in the Kontakt Library Utility for Mac (KLU by @Fred Bloggs). I think a programmer would want to have that activity to occur client-side, on the local computer. They would know that people block traffic to their websites, but the program could function behind your firewall; because you are the one who put it there and gave it access permissions to look on your system. Just some thoughts you can ignore if they are wrong. :)

Last edited: Nov 23, 2023
  12. Friendelek

Friendelek Producer

Just been looking for this picture to attach to Giancarlo's new post

- My battle isn't even against the crackers. Honestly, I don't care much about them. I wish they didn't exist, as their presence creates productive damage in the industry and makes us waste a lot of time, resources, and energy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. ElectroCity

ElectroCity Ultrasonic

he doesn't want luca pretolesi to exist? :rofl:

14. herznote

herznote Ultrasonic

Luca Pr2retolesi :rofl:

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  15. Nightmix

Nightmix Producer

This is extremely useful info, BUT, in Step 4, the user will likely have to reboot for the new "Path" variable to take effect system wide. This is where a lot of people are having issues I think.

So, change last line of Step 4 to:

After finishing: close those windows, and REBOOT (very important!)

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  16. Nightmix

Nightmix Producer

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. AstralDis

AstralDis Producer

OK - good you noticed. I added that :wink:

18. Nightmix

Nightmix Producer

I used to think (like a lot of people) that Acustica Acquas are extremely close to the actual hardware because of the volterra kernel sampling method they employ to measure the actual hardware.

I realize that a lot of people can't stand the following person (myself included), but at 4:25 in the video below, he does a test of an Acqua (Cream 2) compared to the real hardware, and you can clearly see that the Acustica plugin is very different (especially in terms of harmonics), and is basically not really working any differently than most other plugins on the market.

19. Gyorgy Ligeti

Gyorgy Ligeti Platinum Record

However, I would like to know how a legit Amber sounds at 48 KHz for example. Because only in this way will we be certain about the versions. In my opinion these plugins sound the same on legit too, and it doesn't surprise me as this Wankarlo is an amateur programmer with a big ego. And I highly doubt Acustica Audio has many legit paying users. How did these users not notice these huge problems with protection, stability, and sound?

20. Riddim Machine

Riddim Machine Rock Star

Despite the witches providing good software, they expose flaws on a company and the best: give you proofs that AA afiliates (Studio DMI) has used warez on commercial projects (owning warez is not a crime itself. Earning any kind of money with pirated stuff is a crime). So in a eventual sue from AA, you can just attach the video on the process to make the court evaluate if it's even fair to sustain a fee and a block from the dev on such circunstances (BTW, aquiring personal data from users computer). It would be a fun legal litigation if this guy tried to sue me because on the laws of my country (where the supposed _illegal_ act occoured) he would give me a lot of money.

• Like Like x 2
    • List