R2R cracked Acustica, I just can't believe it

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by justwannadownload, Nov 20, 2023.

1. justwannadownload

justwannadownload Audiosexual

LEAVING THE INITIAL TEXT FOR POSTERITY BUT KNOW THIS:
    After recent developments, I fully understand and support the importance of cracking this can of worms.

All this hype - and for that.
    First they crack a completely redundant sampler/synth hybrid. But at least it was protected by MetaFortress and actually sounds good.
    Now they do a piece of junk that, by their own admission, isn't even hard to crack. Why waste time and resources on this?
    I guess I can at least say thanks for exposing Acustica's shittiness to everybody, but man. I just saw that a soup I cooked yesterday's evening has already gone bad, and it's a smaller disappointment of the day compared to this.
    Welp, they don't owe me anything, so I hope it at least was fun to them. Seems to be the case.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2023
    • Disagree x 36
    • Funny x 12
    • Dislike x 5
    • Agree x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Interesting x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • List
  3. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

I dont know if Acustica is good or bad as I'm not interested.
    But cracking bad plugins, also help people to know how bad they are without buying them. So that's the first reason I see.

• Agree x 50
    • Like x 14
    • Winner x 5
    • Love it! x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Interesting x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • List
  4. Jayster

Jayster Kapellmeister

Why so negatiive? Some Acustica producty are actually nice, but defo not need-to-survive.
    Acustica has lost alot of their "over the top with our sampling tech" aura over the last few yrs. Good-sounding programmed emulations have taken over.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. Gyorgy Ligeti

Gyorgy Ligeti Platinum Record

R2R has simply cracked one of the many developers who have never been touched for a long time and who have made the abuse of legit users one of his main features. I'm not interested in even one of Acustica Audio's plugins, as a UAD user, but obviously it's one of the most amazing news that R2R has finally got their hands on Acustica. Justice is done. Then, honestly, many were probably hoping for a Metafortress storm, but they will be disappointed this time too, as in recent years.

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Like Like x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  6. D____R

D____R Kapellmeister

Are you saying Acustica plugins are crap?

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  7. Fowly

Fowly Platinum Record

Where is the clown emoji react ?

What R2R have been doing for years is much more than cracking for the sake of bypassing protection. They're sending the biggest fucks to the devs who are infusing their products with a nightmare amount of bloat. They're doing a favor for all of their customers, by bringing the devs back to the reality that no kind of protection can't be cracked, and they're just hurting the customer with bloatware.

Being a previous owner of their plugins, I wondered why they were so poorly efficient, and ended up selling them due to how unresponsive they felt.

I'm happy to see this here, this DRM shitshow needs to stop ASAP.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2023
    • Like x 35
    • Agree x 10
    • Winner x 7
    • Interesting x 1
    • Love it! x 1
    • List
  8. Moleman

Moleman Platinum Record

let's see if it was worth all the hype ... and tbh i doubt i will be even bothering dling and installing those. (i got already enough of stuff from UAD) just like it happened with UVI Falcon.. it made an effect of a fire match

9. Guitarmaniac64

Guitarmaniac64 Platinum Record

Not the first time they did it back in 2014 aswell
    Stradipad,Cooltec EQ,Red EQ,D361A,Neo Consol,Silk EQ,Trinity EQ

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

What an ungrateful ramble! It makes products free for people. Whether you find it good or interesting is irrelevant. Some people will find it good and interesting, and therefore providing a release to those people is useful. It's not all about you and your needs! People are different and like different things, so just accept people's differences and be grateful for the gifts provided, whether they are for you or for someone else!

• Agree Agree x 23
    • Like Like x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  11. DEGRAD

DEGRAD Ultrasonic

You use your brain for such things?:rofl:

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  12. 11Fletcher

11Fletcher Platinum Record

I prefer to see some Acustica Audio plugin cracked all over the sister site page rather than another trap soundpack. But everything we can find here is not made for our own tastes, it's free and just because it's there, doesn't mean we have to download it. I don't care about WA plugin for exemple, but someone might like to see them there, so why ruin his/her fun ? I don't care about the Falcon crack, but I appreciate to see it there cause I know it is a big deal for some people, and I like to see teams like R2R or other crack stuff that are hard to crack, like some other people would appreciate a runner breaking a national record even though they don't like to run.

But if I don't care about something, I'm not going to lost some time creating a thread just to talk about it, I'll just move on and see what's on the next page.

Acustica Plugin are great, and as a user of some of their plugin I'm happy to see that R2R give me a chance to try them with a lighter version (and try all the other I don't have so I can see if they find a place in my workflow, something I can't really know with a 30 days demo).
    You can do everything they can with other plugin (although not that much sound as great on the emulation side), so nothing we can't live without, but it's nice to see R2R taking their time to do that, and expose what useless move developper do.

I just hope that Acustica (or any other plugin company) will move in a more light protection system instead of something even more heavy just to buy some time until the next crack update (which is probably what they'll do, as that's alway the chosen direction, that's why protection are more and more heavy)

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • List
  13. voss5

voss5 Member

boi come here just to get a shit storm, not interesting, justgohome

14. VSKZ

VSKZ Producer

I tried the Ash Demo a while ago and liked it very much. But it was too expensive for me for what it is. So I'm personally happy right now and hope to see it soon.

15. justwannadownload

justwannadownload Audiosexual

They absolutely were crap 6-ish years ago when I got my hands on legit ones. People here imply it has changed tho. Not sure I want to test it myself.
    Oly and Fowly are right, of course, but it's still a bummer.
    Oh look who's talking.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. Barncore

Barncore Platinum Record

I've spent probably $1000 with Acustica and have followed their progressed closely since i started buying them in late 2019. I've criticized them plenty over the years but i can safely say they are not junk. Especially not the newer stuff released in 2023. People's perception of Acustica hasn't caught up to their current quality imo. A year or 2 ago the plugins were slow, unresponsive, and use tons of CPU. Now they're much lighter, more snappy than before, and sound better too. Salt is probably the best example of this right now. That thing sounds sooo so good, and it's not overly costly on resources. If you think Acustica stuff is junk, your opinion is outdated.

Acustica's strength is their EQ, but the thing about their EQ that used to annoy me is that they always had sort of a "overly hifi" or "artificial hifi" sound. I think they made it that way to compensate for some blurry transient. But the EQ's these days plays VERY nice with transient. Salt and Cherry in particular. Very good. They're among the best EQ makers now (the post-2023 version of them)

Their compressors still aren't quite there imo, but they're better than they were 2 yrs ago. El Rey is still my favourite.

• Interesting Interesting x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  17. Karate Grownup

Karate Grownup Producer

Man, I hope it's some kind of a joke.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  18. Fowly

Fowly Platinum Record

[​IMG]

This is peak comedy

• Agree x 16
    • Funny x 10
    • Like x 5
    • Winner x 1
    • Love it! x 1
    • List
  19. daval

daval Member

not a bad thing tho. AA put a shit ton of protection on their plugins that fucked the legit user experience. the developer should really think about user experience rather than protection

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  20. daval

daval Member

now they just released amber and black bundle, have fun

21. Jeff*

Jeff* Kapellmeister

Some AA are pretty good, some are useless.
    But they are not better than the competition, they just have products that no other company has done (hard to find consoles, Portico MBP,...)
    10gb of protection bloatware ?! now everyone will know.
    Aquarius is also one of the worst installers app out there. So much potential, so little use of it.
    and again, 10gb of bloat of "easy" protection (as said the masters at R2R) is just purely unnecessary.
    iLok almost looks good next to this LOL

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List