R2R Arturia Mini V3 now shows DEMO VERSION

Discussion in 'Presets, Patches' started by MeldicTechnofromSpain, Jul 22, 2019.

1. MeldicTechnofromSpain

MeldicTechnofromSpain Newbie

Hi , is there someone with problems with the license?

Ive been using the vst this last days without problems but today, i check that no sound was cooming out from the vst, and when i open it, it show me the shitty popup message for register the vst....

Ive reinstalled 2 times the program, but not luck, and the last thing i did todya, was block the ip of arturia website in the host file...

Any suggestions?

Thanks

3. wouala woualouf

wouala woualouf Platinum Record

Man,
    Do you realize, on windows, or any other system, any file, any service, any .exe file, can easily access a web service, server, page, whatever. ....IF you are connected to Internet, or whenever you connect to the Internet.

Imagine Arturia, the mini V3...
    For example, arturia generated 50'000 serial numbers, from 00001 to 49999.
    Now, imagine R2R cracks it, in a way it can accept the s/n 66'777.
    Now, Arturia write some code, like:
    - read which s/n was used, found: 66'777

Without any internet, nothing happens.
    But anytime you launch a Mini V3, the code does:
    -detect if internet is active

IF internet is available,
    -connect to arturia server 177.178.179.180, and get the list of the s/n that can be used
    -the server gets a list, with codes from 00001 to 49'999 and from 70'000 to 79'999.
    -reads the local code (r2r one, 66'777), compares it to the list, realizes the s/n 66'777 isn't accepted by arturia
    - a pirated s/n is detected, it tells the V3 app to go to Demo mode.
    -the arturia mini V3 is now in demo mode
    -the plugin communicates with arturia server, and sends the data:

-computer model, cpu, etc etc
    - active windows usernames (current logged user: ex Jose Lopez, login name 'elmagnifico'
    - crack type, r2r s/n used
    - date of crack (how long the user has been using the pirated plugin..)
    - number of hard drives, sizes
    - installation path
    -Os version
    - internet IP address

- the plug-in could also read the registry, and access the vstplugins, vst3, vst folders, and get ALL the installed plug-ins names (Tone2 owner does it, and even worse)
    - the plug-in could also read cookies... could get all the bookmarks

Devs could also integrate a mini remote screen code, into the plug-in, and because they now have the users ip address, if the plug-in detects the user is trying to reinstall/etc something, they could easily take control of the computer, or, at least, watch in real-time what is on the screen

-etc etc etc

There are some good reasons WHY everybody keeps saying 'IF YOU USE WAREZ apps, audio plug-ins, etc etc, DIS-FUK-NECT your freaking computer from the Internet !

the only way to prevent it from happening, is blocking the Internet access to those apps,plugins, etc, by using a FIREWALL APP.
    even the native windows firewall will do the work !

all the files in the daw root folder, including all the subfolders, should be blocked. No matter what extension they have, block them.
    All .vst, .vst3 files, should be blocked.
    If you block, eg, reaper.exe, and you use miniV3.vst/vst3 inside Reaper, it is not 100% sure the vst/vst3 plug-in will be blocked as well.

WAREZ = don't use the Internet.

EVEN IF you only enable the Internet once a month, without a FIREWALL, the plug-ins will find a way to connect to the server, one an Internet connection is active.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. MeldicTechnofromSpain

Yes, ofcourse, you message is 100% true, but i thinked that the program wont connect to internet before be cracked...stupid personal thoughs...

What can i do now? Is there any way to make it workable in full version? In what part of Windows , is generated the alert of the license? In the registry? I deleted the software but seems that there something without be deleted

5. Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose Audiosexual

use revo uninstaller....clear all from rests of old installation...block DAW with firewall...block arturia..block xyz...use hosts..

6. Gyro Gearloose

while working with DAW..while installation

7. MeldicTechnofromSpain

What you refer with block XYZ? :unsure:

8. lukehh

lukehh Audiosexual

First tell us your operating system...I guess Windows..but which version. Then tell us which version of
    Arturia Mini V3 you'd installed. Was it from the "Arturia V Collection 7 v7.0.0-R2R" So someone can test it at his own system and maybe find a solution.

Have you also tried the "Arturia Synth Collection 2019.5 CSE-V.R" (which contains Mini V3 v3.4.1 which is newer than the one in the R2R collection and also can be found at sister's site)...If so, does the same problem occur?

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
  9. Gyro Gearloose

something which would came to youre mind after reflecting this topic...
    sorry its german..i meant block what further will come do youre mind...sort off

10. MeldicTechnofromSpain

thanbks for reply.Im on w10, and I installed the bundle of arturia you send me... but still the mini v3 show the same "demo" window after a few seconds opened...

11. lukehh

lukehh Audiosexual

I send you? You mean the bundle I mentioned "Arturia V Collection 7 v7.0.0-R2R". So try the V.R.Team version...simply install it over the existing one...and check if it still make problems.

12. MeldicTechnofromSpain

Sorry for not reply you correctly. I tried to install the "Arturia Synth Collection 2019.5 CSE-V.R" but it show the same demo error message. Now ive installed the revo unistaller, delete the synth collection and reinstalling again to see if the popup is still showing.... :(

13. MeldicTechnofromSpain

I just check it, and still shows the Demo Popup....

It showed firstly, the tutorial of use, and after 10 seconds, the shit***y demo window

Things i did:

- Add Ips to hosts
    - Block folder in Firewall
    - Uninstall plugins with Revo

What can i do more to fight with the demo Devil ?

thanks

14. MeldicTechnofromSpain

i just installed the Mini V3 version 3.2.0.1183 and works fine without demo popups, but there isn any preset installed, and i cant load presets files... What can i do?

SOLVED:
    delete all files starting with "db.db3" in the following folder

Windows : C:\ProgramData\Arturia\Presets\
    OS X : /Library/Arturia/Presets/

thanks guys, all seems be like the first day... Before buy the license i need check "how" is the vst :bleh:

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
  15. lukehh

lukehh Audiosexual

I've never used Arturias PlugIns before so I dont need to clean up my system ... but this topic dont let me sleep!
    This night I first installed "Arturia Mini V3 v3.4.1.2810 CSE-V.R" (released 24.05.2019) and it was Demo from the first start. Then I deinstalled it and additionally I searched and deleted all Registry entrys with the word "Arturia". After that I searched my main Disk "C:" for the term "Arturia" and deleted everything (except the installers in my download folder).

After that I installed the complete "Arturia Synth Collection 2019.7 CSE-V.R" released yesterday (24.07.2019) which contains the same version of "Arturia Mini V3 (Version v3.4.1.2810)"....the exact version like I installed before (see above)....and it worked!
    I tried it with working internet connection and without...no difference.
    It seems this is really some kind of timebomb...but not a one that explodes after a while of usage or after installation but have to do something with the date the release has been compiled.
    Just to remember the "Arturia Mini V3 v3.4.1.2810 CSE-V.R" (released 24.05.2019) goes to demo mode immediately...the same version (I did a checksum value check) from the "Arturia Synth Collection 2019.7 CSE-V.R" released yesterday (24.07.2019) worked.

This is really strange. I also did a connection monitoring (incoming and outgoing) while the Programs are running...there is definetely no connection to a server popping up when you start the App.

I'm really ready with my latin! :mad: (as we germans say)

16. sthlm808

sthlm808 Newbie

I used the VR versions OFFLINE and after some weeks they all got DEMO so it is a timebomb.

17. lukehh

lukehh Audiosexual

But a timebomb that is independent of the time of usage. As I just wrote...I yesterday fresh installed the "Arturia Mini V3 v3.4.1.2810 CSE-V.R" (released 24.05.2019) and it was Demo from the first start.

I think, tonight I will uninstall the "Arturia Synth Collection 2019.7 CSE-V.R", clean my system same as before...and then try the R2R " Arturia V Collection 7 v7.0.0-R2R" (released 29.04.2019) and see what happens. If my guess is correct it also will be in Demo Mode from the first start!