R2R 2023/2024 AA Guides, Bug Reports, Issues & Fixes Megathread (WIN)

Discussion in 'Software' started by Stevie Dude, Nov 29, 2023.

1. Noisemaker56

Noisemaker56 Newbie

There is a problem with the VST3 TAUPETAPEZL (WIN10, Ableton 11.1.5+). The input and output knobs do nothing. I have been able to replicate the problem multiple times. The VST3 TAUPETAPE works fine as well as all the other modules. No problems with the VST2 at all so far.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2023
  2. lun1

lun1 Newbie

GOLD5EQ presets not working, menu is showed but when you choose one nothing happens.. Reaper 7.06, WIN10, VST3

3. Barncore

Barncore Platinum Record

Things like this are just problems with the plugin itself on Acustica's end. It's not the crack

These bugs come with the territory of using the trial versions. They don't get many fixes or optimizations compared to the full versions

4. Friendelek

Friendelek Producer

I can confirm the bug described in comment on sister site by TravelWornSatchel.

5. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

upload_2023-12-5_1-30-35.png

RND Portico MBP
    is one of the box that im really interested to get in the future and I've been studying the WIDTH & DEPTH EQ of it for a while, I also start a thread here but it turns out to be a real mess and contributed to me being on the edge of my final warning here because :trashing: but whatever. Moved past that shit.

Anyway R2R released AA SNOW today, while still being problematic for one of its component (EQ) the SNOWMB plugin that suppose to be RND Portica MBP works fine and sounds awesome, just like what I expect it. I did some test on the WIDTH & DEPTH EQ that I know is doing some M/S EQing. It has some nice EQ that you could replicate with your favourite Pro-Q 3 and save as a preset for future usage. I'm keeping the screenshot for my note but in case anyone interested here it is :

DEPTH EQ
    The amount is at 100%, so it's the final shape of the curve. It goes from 0, the default is 50%
    MID = pink
    SIDE = light blue

LF - Amount 100%
    [​IMG]

LMF - Amount 100%
    [​IMG]

HMF - Amount 100%
    [​IMG]

HF - Amount 100%
    [​IMG]

WIDTH EQ
    The amount is at 50%, cranking it up to 100% will go up to 12db which is kinda absurd, so the screenshot is at 50%, the amount knob default value/location.
    MID = pink
    SIDE = light blue

LF - Amount 50%
    [​IMG]

LMF - Amount 50%
    [​IMG]

HMF - Amount 50%
    [​IMG]

HF - Amount 50%
    [​IMG]

So, from all those screenshot, some conclusion :

1) I think this is the only M/S EQ technique created by Rupert Neve before he left us. The discontinued Portico SFE unit which added into the SFE section of the RND Portico MBP.
    rnd(1).png

2) DEPTH EQ is doing MID channel only, while the WIDTH EQ is doing SIDE channel only.
    3) Together, with moderate, right amount, combining those two, one can achieve some nice stereo imaging FX that is solely EQ based, without involving delay or any other widening technique that can potentially destroy the mix.
    4) Some random example combining DEPTH EQ 50% on HMF + WIDTH EQ 50% on HF (obviously 50% is too much, but just for demonstration purposes) :

MID = pink
    SIDE = light blue

[​IMG]

ADDITIONAL NOTE : Brainworx also using M/S EQing technique for the bx_masterdesk PRO, here are some of them from my old notes :
    The EQing only done to the SIDE channel while leaving the MID unchanged.

upload_2023-12-5_1-26-40.png

SIDE = pink
    MID = light blue

A
    [​IMG]

B
    [​IMG]

C
    [​IMG]

D
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  6. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

@patatern I changed the main thread picture. It worked last time, let's see if it works again. :rofl:

just did a quick test, everything working fine for both TAUPEZL & TAUPETAPEZL @ 48kHz 2x OS in Reaper WIN 11. See the Input and Output meter reacting correctly to the knobs position.

sssss.png

7. Noisemaker56

Noisemaker56 Newbie

After I saw your post I removed Taupe and re-installed it... now the problem is gone. I'm just going to assume I was using it incorrectly. Maybe it was a problem with Ableton.

8. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

With SNOW it has been reported that the LMF on the EQ module doesn't seem to be working. When you click to engage it the blue light doesn't stay on, and the knobs revert back to the default positions. Has this been confirmed yet?

9. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

yes, 3 people including me having the same problem, I already updated the thread, it's up on number 1. Kinda bias a bit because it's the plugin like. lol

ah, being a plugin with hundreds of files sometimes that could be a problem. Not a good idea to torrent it because they unpacked it. Even on the legit installer, it is not recommended to re-continue downloading if it fails mid way, it will corrupt the files.

10. BambooPestle

BambooPestle Producer

Yes, looks like some errors in trial paths again. You can duplicate SNOW directory and name it as SNOWT, and LMF will work again. Also you can wait for fix from witches
    Ignore this, sometimes its stopping working even with this workaround, better to wait fix from R2R :)

11. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

dude.... already added to the Temporary Fix suggestion on the thread. hahaha

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  12. BambooPestle

BambooPestle Producer

At least it something witches can fix (i hope) :)

13. Novacoma

Novacoma Noisemaker

GOLD5EQ (vst2) 96k, Reaper 7, Win 11

The Spread knob doesn’t seem to be working well. Unless muting the audio is the intended effect when the knob is fully turned to Wide…

14. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

Are sure you didn't use it on a MONO track (or a stereo track that contains mono source) ? because the SPREAD knob only functioning as an M/S balance control. Turning fully Wide on a MONO track will likely give you silence as a mono track doesn't have SIDE content.

It works fine as it should here. Knob is fully Wide, meter still showing signal, but low in volume on a track that peak at -5.7. It's only the side content.

upload_2023-12-5_7-9-29.png

15. Novacoma

Novacoma Noisemaker

You’re right, the source was a mono bass file. Since Reaper doesn’t have mono tracks per se, I thought it wouldn’t matter.

16. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

the Air EQ is cool but have you tried JET ? damn really love the plugin. It has JADE shelves on it too. I really dig the modern approach for the smiley EQ it presents. It's hard to get it wrapped around your head at first, but when it starts working, so fcking amazing. One good usage I found is when a pop song where you just want to add some artificial air to the vocal without brightening the whole track. Using the combination of Expansion + Shelf cut or if it didnt work change to Compression + Shelf boost.

Technically it can be done on a Pro-Q3 or Kirchhoff EQ but it forces you to listen which sometimes can be a good thing especially on the extension of low and high end, getting the details right. Plus you got that choices of sampled curves or really high quality digital curves. At first I thought what a dumb plugin, but after learning it, it's a favourite now.

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  17. Riddim Machine

Riddim Machine Rock Star

Michael Brauer used this is unit as processing send for stereo spread on his analog days, but now he's using another thing (a combination of UAD M/S tool and Maag). I don't know if he's aware of this plugin or just didn't liked it.

18. Noisemaker56

Noisemaker56 Newbie

I'm actually going to be recording pop stuff with a friend soon, thanks for the info! I think I'm gonna mess around with Jet a bit more now. Also Is it just me or are the A4-A7 in Taupe just so cool on synths and pads??

19. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

I believe he didn't know about AA, nor he cares lol. When he moved to ITB mixing, all his analog chain was replicated by his assistant into a full IBT template. His assistant basically set up the template trying combination of plugins with Michael having the final say whether it gives him the sound or not. It took a long 6 months because direct emulation of his gears most of the time didn't work because his personal hardware are modified. Example being a Nuke mode on an API 2500 that was unique to him alone. (Lindell stole it and add it to the Lindell SBC lol). There's a video about it by Puremix and I remember the assistant saying he avoids plugins with high latency because Michael like to ride the fader and "play it like an instrument", latency is important for him to manage so the DAW and the fader (Avid S1 i think) can perform on real time like a real console. It could be why no AA plugin at all in his template.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. Boreios

Boreios Kapellmeister

-

Last edited: Jun 4, 2024