R2R 2023/2024 AA Guides, Bug Reports, Issues & Fixes Megathread (WIN)

Discussion in 'Software' started by Stevie Dude, Nov 29, 2023.

1. dondada

dondada Rock Star

be specific
    what system
    Which plugin? 1 or all
    what daws have you tested?

2. clone

clone Audiosexual

I have not. But everything in the documents that mentions a black GUI is due to Framework not being installed, or not installed correctly. On Mac, that could include codesigning.

3. PaulMix

PaulMix Noisemaker

VST and VST3 GUI Ok! Only in AAX Pro tools.

4. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

Tested most of the AAX thus far in PT HD @ 96Khz and none have "black screened".

You have a local installation issue (or maybe a corrupted DL?). Have you made certain your path structure for the AAX is correct? The paths to AAX are a bit more involved than the VST's. Also make certain you're copying just the CONTENTS of the R2R "!COMMON" and "AAX" dir's to your plugin area NOT the R2R dir's themselves.

5. shinyzen

shinyzen Platinum Record

this thread is getting derailed into an "opinion on acustica thread". there are other threads for that. lets try and keep this one to discussion of bugs, issues with sample rates etc, and how to fix, if possible.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. dondada

dondada Rock Star

report the trash:wink:

@saccamano
    DUDE
    Edit Your PostS
    @saccamano
    Dont Start a new POST when you are the Last in the thread anyway
    ----------------
    Finally thanks mods!!!

Last edited: Dec 2, 2023
  7. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

Camel working @ 96Khz - AAX and VST's
    - Hitting presets gives a "LST" menu heading with nothing else listed (i.e. no presets)
    - only has 44/96KHz IR files

Cobalt 2 EQ @ 96Khz
    - only has 44/96Khz IR's
    - AAX - pressing the "PRE" button while playing a track causes CPU spike and ProTools to stop track play. Restarting play continues OK with "PRE" engaged.
    Cobalt 2 COMP @ 96Khz
    - no issues

8. DontKnowJack

DontKnowJack Producer

Dude, @Stevie Dude , when you start a thread, you go all out. :headbang:

LST must stand for Last Settings Tried or something because they only seem to populate your last used presets after you try some other preset first.

9. Aya

Aya Member

I've found a strange behavior of some AA plugins(such as GOLD5EQ, PINK4EQT, SAND3EQ etcs) which have Presets.

On Cubase 13, if you make an 'empty' audio track and insert one of those plugins, selecting any Preset makes no response. You can still handle the plugin(knobs, buttons...), that means there is no freezing, just no response for the Presets.

However, after you record any sound(even a hand tap to the mic) on the track, then Presets are loaded normally.

I don't know if this happens in cracked plugins only or in legit ones too. I can't even sure, if this issue occurs just on my PC or on any others too.

10. glassybrick

glassybrick Producer

Can someone make chart of cpu usage, compare to other popular products, like waves of FF.
    if it's worth the gamble.
    and understanding whether it is possible to use these plug-ins for daily work with clients.

11. shinyzen

shinyzen Platinum Record

its worth testing for yourself. No one can make that decision for you. I can tell you right now they are much more cpu heavy. Some of the newer ones are more streamlined, but yah, these are not waves plugins. I use these in daily work for clients and have no issue, but others complain they are too weighed down. Its up to your workflow, your cpu power etc.

12. DontKnowJack

DontKnowJack Producer

Quickly tried this with GOLD5EQ on an empty track and same thing happened for me on Ableton 11. I then added a drum sample to the track and it seems to have gone mute. Deleting the plugin and then adding it back resolved it as long as the track had something on it.

13. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

It wont mean much due to the modular approach of every single AA plugin, the more components get turned ON, the more CPU it needs but as with most of the AA users been doing since 2017, especially those that doesn't have a powerful computer, treat it like a hardware unit during mixing; tweak, happy, print. That's how I do it back then, that's how I do it now.

If you are thinking about trying AA plugins, try the newer Hyper plugin first. Salt, Coffee The Pun, Midnight, Gold, Ash, Pumpkin, El Rey 2 are good piece to start with. Those can be used like all other plugins out there, CPU is lower compared to the older plugins and in has built in oversampling inside, so you can manage the CPU. The list (Compatibility List) is on the main thread. If your computer is still having trouble handling those (which is unlikely), 100% it can't handle the older ones unless doing the tweak, happy, print approach.

but the older ones are da bomb :hillbilly:

For now I haven't really test the preset much except of product that depends on it with additional added expansion. Will maybe test it if I got time.

14. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

I thought that's normal behavior ? let's wait for what others have to say about it. Me personally I dont look at it as issue since that is how it is even with back when I was using legit. but.. it didnt stop the track. I tried the EQ yesterday I remember I turned the PRE on and off (they sound fantastic!) but didn't get that problem.

EDIT : just tested it now at 48kHz 2X OS. It's smooth as ever except the usual 0.5sec transition crackle.

check the main thread, the first IMPORTANT PLEASE READ THIS FIRST. there's a link there, I guess someone had that problem and got it solved.

15. Gyorgy Ligeti

Gyorgy Ligeti Platinum Record

Anyway guys, just so you know: there are still 64 products left from AA. An enormity.

16. Friendelek

Friendelek Producer

@Stevie Dude I have some free time to check bugs.
    Do you use Reaper ??? It would be handy to create and share a project for testing.

17. Friendelek

Friendelek Producer

I tested the first 15 modes by restarting the project . No problems. Everything works fine.

18. dondada

dondada Rock Star

Please always edit your post instead of posting right below it
    use the quote function
    the @ works also on edits:wink:

19. Boreios

Boreios Kapellmeister

-

Last edited: Jun 4, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List