R2R 2023/2024 AA Guides, Bug Reports, Issues & Fixes Megathread (WIN)

Discussion in 'Software' started by Stevie Dude, Nov 29, 2023.

1. clone

clone Audiosexual

Screenshot the settings with the one plugin format loaded, close it, open the other format, and match the settings while looking at your screenshot. This is how I get rid of plugins when I have a big bundle to get rid of, or I always miss some. :guru:

2. toetea

toetea Kapellmeister

That is what I was thinking originally but it is not worth the time. I switched those that I could but I already f*d up, I did a lot of work with the vst3 plugins. If I don't pay attention when switching/removing plugins and changing settings, I could easily mess up current project compatibilities.

Just a word of caution to current and future users.

3. clone

clone Audiosexual

True. And in the case of AA plugins, it would not even matter. There aren't any track-changing, make it or break it settings with them. You could probably get your settings back in about 1 minute of dialing them in again. If you deleted one from your project and reloaded them, I bet you would get them 90% the same every time. It's not that hard when you only have two parameters. One for Snake Type, and one for Oil Value.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2024
  4. toetea

toetea Kapellmeister

Right now the cost of keeping things the same is lower than the cost of trying to redo everything.
    If it was only 10 or 20 or 30+ projects then no problem, but I have already dug myself pretty deep. :disco::bleh: :bow:

Last edited: Feb 14, 2024
  5. Audioguydaz

Audioguydaz Kapellmeister

Okay, I think we get it. Your axe well ground, get it, dig it.

6. DontKnowJack

DontKnowJack Producer

Did you try turning down the pedal model quality in the top right of the plugin (LQ/MQ/HQ)? You are right though, this does sound great in front of ampsims. Possibly usable with lower CPU hungry units like Otto Audio |||| and Kiive Audio's Lunchbox Amp with their built-in IRs. Got absolutely ridiculous tones with the lighter Kiive Audio Lunchbox Amp using the built in American Cab IR. Turned the GAIN up to MAX and set everything else to 2:00.

Tested with this chain:

Spectre Digital COCK BLOCKER(or any noise gate) -> Blue Cat's Patchwork with AEROSTOMP inside set to 2x Oversampling @ 96k -> Kiive Audio LUNCHBOX AMP -> Bogren IRDX Core

Subbed out the LUNCHBOX AMP with Otto Audio |||| but was maybe too heavy. I'll have to play with it some more.
    Bottom line, all those crappy ampsims that were passed on will probably now sound great with AEROSTOMP in front of it.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2024
  7. HammerTiMe

HammerTiMe Producer

It looks like we won't be seeing the full Acustica catalog from R2R. Thanks anyway R2R. You've already done so much.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. Sapriisty

Sapriisty Kapellmeister

It seems that as always when we are waiting for something, we must learn patience, otherwise the simple and pure truth that I have given you is to contribute to these releases, have you given your licenses and files official regarding would only be one vst with a team?

Those who ask the most often cause the more distress, but that is also why I ask you to be patient, or buy the license that you really want and also provide it to the team so that everyone can benefit from it. world ?

Altruism and opportunism are just a step away from knowing which one to take.

9. NOTL1234

NOTL1234 Noisemaker

I really appreciate what has been released so far. There are a lot of treasures in there. Do you know for certain that R2R is done with AA? I know it’s slowed down considerably. I keep hoping I open up the sister site and I’ll find Cherry or Cream on the release page, amongst other goodies. I’m checking constantly. I really do hope it’s not the end of them. Despite all the negative reactions, these AA plugins really are special once you get your head and ears wrapped around them.

10. NOTL1234

NOTL1234 Noisemaker

Is there a way to do that? How does one go about that if one has legitimate licences for a few of these plugins? I thought I read somewhere once that that kind of discussion is discouraged on these threads. I’m just curious.

Also, with regards to patience on these AA releases, I think the question about if any more are to be expected is legitimate for a couple of reasons. First, initially, there was an onslaught of them, sometimes 5 or 6 a day, and all released with a kind of confidence as expressed in the release notes. Second, it was quickly noticed that most, if not all, the releases were of cracked trial versions of the plugins, not licensed ones. It did create the expectation that they had access to the whole library, and the nature of the cracks were such that there could be a rapid turnover on them. It's just the experience of those first months of releases that made it feel like it was going to go that way right through to the end.

I understand this method has a revealed a number of issues, some with the cracking, but mostly with the trial versions of the plugins themselves. Nevertheless, the predominant number of releases have proven to be very functional, usable, and sound excellent. Given that scenario, one can’t help but notice that something seems to have happened, and it raises some curiosity about what. Did AA sew up a loop hole? Are there other dev releases that require more attention now and the AA stream will resume later? Are the number of fixes required after releases creating a discouragement to putting more efforts into the rest of the AA package? I’m not necessarily looking for the answers but these are the questions that come to mind.

Again, I mean all of this respectfully to the hard work and generosity of R2R and the other teams, as well as members of this community.

11. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

...maybe the witches are waiting for a better source of the AA plugins? The way I understood it was that they had already cracked the lot of them and were simply waiting for a good time to release them?? Personally, I don't really care if more AA stuff gets released or not. My druthers would lean more toward the witches directing their powers to something really useful, probably not a popular way of looking at it, but sincerely I really do not have much use for plugins that are so broken, hog up so much CPU (on the whole) and give back so little in return. just my 2¢ worth - like it or not...

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  12. shinyzen

shinyzen Platinum Record

im hoping for everyone here that they are not done. AA's newest offerings are bonkers. They just released a limiter today, called Lace. Its insane. Musical, loud, tonal shaping or clear and transparent. Their last release, Grey, is a suite of various DBX style compressors, also incredible sounding.

The new releases are wayyyy faster / snappy in behavior, and much less cpu intensive as well

13. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

That's cool. I never look a good gift-plugin in the mouth.. :) Wonder if the protections on the new stuff is still as backward as the older stuff?

14. Sapriisty

Sapriisty Kapellmeister

I invite you to contact a moderator of the forum or the sister site, in order to know the protocol to follow, but from memory on the sister site there is an encrypter for messages intended for R2R, I have personally provided several of my official licenses at funtime, but the truth is that I don't know if they used them or not, what I do know is that I was able to contribute a bit of time to help the work of these people who provide us with so much!

The AA release wave has run out of steam, so much the better, that gives us time to learn and experiment with those already out or to debunk problems, the witches who are less talked about, so much the better, at the moment it we released a phenomenal number of super interesting products other than AA, deep in my heart I also sincerely hope that they will focus on tools that have less marketing scope.

15. No Avenger

No Avenger Audiosexual

16. eli91

eli91 Ultrasonic

Now that I've adopted it as part of my usual guitar chain, AEROSTOMP seems to be even buggier than I thought. I don't know how this happens, but I was unwittingly using it in 48 KHz and... it worked fine? It had some weird interactions with the amp sim, but worked fine.

Then I used the Japanese BoXX - EverGreen. That one just shuts the thing off. Then I found it also happened with the other Tubescreamer emus. Then I discovered that both German and Italian EQ glitch the thing out sometimes, but when they are accesed through a preset they are ok.

The programming on that thing is SO weird, it's easily AA's buggiest release, and that's saying something :/

17. Audioguydaz

Hey, most of the trouble with AA plugs crashing is with the R2R releases - the legit ones generally work fine.

18. Barncore

Barncore Platinum Record

Is it possible that the people experiencing crashes is because they used the R2R custom Framework instead of the Acustica Official framework? R2R's framework has a fair few old files missing because they deemed them to old to be necessary.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  19. Audioguydaz

I think it's likely, even. But if you give me a couple of repros I can certainly check the legit and let you know.

20. patatern

patatern Platinum Record

try these setting for bass sounds, tested with different kind: acoustic, DB, 808, synth bass, rock/pop electric

SOUNDS HUGE, I guess 80% due to those PREAMPs I catched, dont know if its me but sound different. LINE is more "3D", put it a bit in the back, that F-LINE CUSTOM instead has punch-in-your-face. (EQ and COMPRESSOR settings are the same, just changed the PREAMP and tewak the input as needed)

1. BASS DEPTH
    BASS DEPTH.png

2. BASS PUNCH
    BASS PUNCH.png