R2R 2023/2024 AA Guides, Bug Reports, Issues & Fixes Megathread (WIN)

Discussion in 'Software' started by Stevie Dude, Nov 29, 2023.

1. Riddim Machine

Riddim Machine Rock Star

Could you check with legit Aquarius if the mentioned plugins have all the sample rate vector files? This would help everybody to understand the situation

2. 6ixcore

6ixcore Producer

3. outsider

outsider Newbie

Who will be the legit customer to donate their files to the witches and save all of us for Christmas:winker:

4. patatern

patatern Platinum Record

if confirmed, this would mean:

1. at least the Coffee plugins are taken from the trials
    2. Junkarlo and his knights dont care about updating their buggy trials installers and doesnt take care about their customers...or maybe they did and now R2R can download again the trial version with the bug fixed??? :bleh::bow::like:

---if they read...

5. shinyzen

shinyzen Platinum Record

I think what that NFO is saying, is that if a user has both the trial and retail installed, you will run into issues. not one or the other.

6. shinyzen

shinyzen Platinum Record

i have checked my plugin folder, all the sample rate vector files are indeed there. Installed from retail versions, through aquarius. Im pretty sure 95% of suites from acustica do not have separate sample rate installer. Sand and Green are the only ones that i own that have additional installers for the sample rates. The rest all install with one installer. I own 20 or so.

7. LFO833

LFO833 Member

Interesting... According to Acustica's "frequency pack" link above...

"For larger products [...] the 48 kHz and the 88.2 kHz sample rate vector files can be installed through the Aquarius Desktop application separately, so these are the frequency packs."

So assuming someone is supplying R2R actual retail versions, not trials, they could possibly simply be making the mistake of not also downloading and supplying the frequency packs as well. That could be an explanation for why so many products are missing the 48kHz and 88.2kHz files. After all, according to Acustica regarding their sample based plugins, "each product has four sampling frequencies, 44.1 kHz, 48.0 kHz, 88.2 kHz, and 96 kHz." So many of these releases are simply incomplete and should probably be "FIXED" at some point when the complete files are supplied and debloated. Luckily, Stevie Dude is keeping a comprehensive list of the complete plugins on the first page.

8. shinyzen

shinyzen Platinum Record

they could be making that mistake if it was an option, but Its not. taupe and many others released do not have additional downloads. Just one download with all four sample rates.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  9. Barncore

Barncore Platinum Record

Good idea. I own 4 or 5 legit versions of the R2R releases that didn't come with 48/96k. So I'll check those.

What am I looking for exactly as far as filenames? And what folder is it in?

But yeah, as someone mentioned above, the sure way to tell if it's a trial, is if it has T and the end of the name, e.g. PINK4T

Speaking of Pink, I remember when Pink 4 came out, it required you to keep Pink 3 installed, cos it uses files from it. I wonder if that is some sort of clue if what's going on here?
    I also remember Gold 4 used files from Gold 3 too (don't know about Gold 5 though, I sold Gold before V5 came out)

10. shinyzen

shinyzen Platinum Record

check your plugins folder, and look for the folder titled the name of the plugin. Inside you will see the .N2V files. They are labeled by sample rate. Ive already checked the majority of the ones released on sister site, and can confirm the legit installs have all of the sample rates.

Attached Files:

11. BasedPirate

BasedPirate Ultrasonic

Not sure if bug/issue or intended feature but in Blond and Brown pre, if you scroll the preamp selector with mouse wheel it moves by 2 instead of 1 like all other Acustica preamps

12. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

I think there's no real version number on the plugin too, just build number sometimes.

I've just ran a test for GOLD5 Channel Strip in PD @ 48kHz.
    - 1X works ok
    - 2X works ok
    - going from 2X to 4X works ok
    - going from 4X to 8X does nothing
    - going back to 2X from 8X works ok
    - going from 2X to 8X give same result as 4X (which is the same as 8X)

it seems like the oversampling is capped at 4X for 48kHz project sample rate. GOLD5EQ too.

I did the test 3 times, by closing the DAW and reload everything back after. Seems like a the plugin bug or it's intentionally capped. Good thing it doesn't stop producing sound which is not really vector related.

I wanted to add this to the thread on the "Community Tips" topic but as for now I cant see any use for it yet. The 48/88 frequency packs for most of the plugins are still missing and the newer Hyper plugin doesn't really work that way. Will probably add it once we get all the full frequency pack. Just letting you know.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2023
  13. sunn

sunn Newbie

The compressor goes to full 16x OS whereas the EQ and PRE are capped at 4x in my tests

14. sunn

sunn Newbie

I hope somebody with legit packages could upload the missing preset files for Camel

15. Friendelek

Friendelek Producer

I don't think that in "AA System" it will work. Who knows, maybe there's some protection there too.

16. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

I think those files needed decryption first before can be used considering AA even encrypt the GUI files of the plugins.

17. Gyorgy Ligeti

Gyorgy Ligeti Platinum Record

@Stevie Dude I tested El Rey 2. Although we have both frequency packs, at 44.1 and 48 the sonic results are different. It's different especially after the 5K. But which of the two is the correct sound? What should this compressor sound like? Could you try testing it too, perhaps on a full drums, and carefully see the differences?

And this becomes even more evident with Sienna. Take the Sienna Reference, select your profile, at 44.1 it seems to sound good. The same plugin at 48 sounds over 6 db louder and the high frequencies are harsher. In short, two different plugins.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2023
  18. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

I hope other members can test it too. am not working at 44.1kHz. will do it tomorrow. Have a lot of stuff running now, changing sample rate on one converter will mute the entire studio. There are people still working. As with the correct sound, in most of the AA's product manuals:
    upload_2023-12-2_0-4-32.png

This is from Diamond EQ3 but I've seen this in other plugins manual too, it's basically repeating the same thing. 96kHz has always been the source for all AA plugins, so it's the most accurate one. That should be the benchmark for testing. Every other sample rate vectors are derived from it.

I'm considering abandoning SIENNA, I have close to no use for it but still have it, will test according to your findings and see if it behaves similarly or not.

19. dondada

dondada Rock Star

@Stevie Dude
    just to be clear, is Coral 2ZL included (no presets), if not, it should be.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2023
  20. PaulMix

PaulMix Noisemaker

Black GUI screen in Pro Tools. Has this happened to anyone else?