R2R 2023/2024 AA Guides, Bug Reports, Issues & Fixes Megathread (WIN)

Discussion in 'Software' started by Stevie Dude, Nov 29, 2023.

1. Lokster

Lokster Ultrasonic

So I thought of a FIX for JAM: What could be done is just to recreate all the presets ourselves .. and just save it with the same names in the plugin and then upload and make it available to the community but this will take a bit of effort/Time though.. what do you think?

2. Riddim Machine

Riddim Machine Rock Star

Summary: the plugin has a built in filter for the compression, feedback and feed-foward controls, so the attack and release times become more adaptative.

I hate verbiage and BS talk about something "simple"

3. BambooPestle

BambooPestle Producer

No need to do this. You can just open JAMPRESET.N2S file with any HEX editor and replace text
    Code:
    "JAMT/"
    with
    Code:
    "JAM/ "
    (yes, with additional space for same length) and all presets will work. I think you can also copy "JAM" directory as "JAMT" and everything will works too but this directory is large (>1gb) so better way to fix just XML. Or even better just wait for fix from R2R

Last edited: Feb 3, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  4. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

It works. I used the Notepad++. Thanks.

"JAM" instead of "JEM" though.

5. BambooPestle

BambooPestle Producer

Yes, thanks, fixed my message

6. Lokster

Lokster Ultrasonic

for some reason I can't get this to work the presets disappears on my end ...any chance you can upload the JAMPRESET file you edited..?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2024
  7. Audioguydaz

Audioguydaz Kapellmeister

It seems bizarre to me why anyone would want to use a preset with processor like this.

8. Riddim Machine

Riddim Machine Rock Star

I'm so happy that Jam is now R2R'ed. This plugin is for stompboxes how Black is for consoles. Both combined can provide a really cool signal flow for those who want versatility and high quality harmonic distortion to mimic an outboard path, if used on the right stages of the mix. It's like having high quality console preamps feeding some hungry circuitry at the top. Of course you can be on the league of people that doesn't miss any of those things on a digital mix, but i can find right use even on the smoothest of the records, because this set of tools allows you to do so, if you want. It doesn't need to be rock and roll all the time, just because it's distortion. Some of the units are pretty smooth and 3D'ish like the Gates STA Level. And i love tools that make me creative, and this is one of them.

9. typical-love

typical-love Producer

Funny video about the timing constants of the Nickel compressor: (skip to 21:30 if only want to see that part)

10. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

Is it capable of saving and loading a user preset? If yes, then I could see this as a viable alternative. However most of these broken acustica preset things usually manifest in some XML or program coding issue...

[EDIT]
    pffft... nevermind looks like it's already fixed... :wink:

11. Lemmy

Lemmy Audiosexual

?
    can´t see a fix on sister

12. Synclavier

Synclavier Rock Star

13. Barncore

Barncore Platinum Record

Tiger Ultra has several "modes", Deep Space is their in-house digital compressor (i.e. not emulating any hardware gear, afaik).

Here they're just saying that they can have very low attack and release times while still remaining clean, due to the way they've made the compressor's detector hear the signal.

14. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

see the Jam preset fix below -

15. Zoundzy

Zoundzy Kapellmeister

Is there also a solution available for the Lemon presets?

16. Zoundzy

Zoundzy Kapellmeister

''if used on the right stages of the mix'' Could you elaborate? Thx, mate:)

17. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

im sorry, I missed this msg. Already posted the fixed preset file at AZ JAM release post.

18. Satai

Satai Rock Star

Does anyone know if R2R Acustica witchbrews will work if you have the legit AA framework already installed instead of the R2R one?

Is it basically curtains for your legit account as soon as you try to mix them like that?

I'm thinking there might be ways to stop Aquarius from scanning certain folders where you're hiding the witch stuff, but of course it will be able to immediately see the installed R2R framework in the system folders if it wanted. If anyone already experimented with it and has some knowledge to share that would be appreciated.

19. opp

opp Guest

i have one of the units jam is supposedly modeled after and wanna test this thing out.. im not interested in any of the other aa plugins, so what would I need to install step-by-step to get only jam windows vst3 running? :dunno:

20. Riddim Machine

Riddim Machine Rock Star

I have two nice examples; One is Maor Appelbaum. He starts his chain with a custom made mastering amp to heat the signal, before any futher processing happens. You can apply this concept to busses of any kind, because saturation on groups work very different other than the inserts. Dan Worrall can explain better at 7:10 of this video:

On the other side we got Jaycen Joshua, who usually saturates all the inputs and the outputs of his busses. For a quick example, he got 8 NLS's (lol) on the input of this bus, applies futher processing and finalizes it with a Black Box HG2 on the output.

With those two plugins (Black and Jam) i would go for the inserts with black, and adding Jam as the input stage of my group, as Maor Appelbaum.
    Or you can do the Jaycen Joshua way and use Black as the input stage of the group and Jam as the output stage. People that seek loudness over everthing can benefit from this option, but i'm not that person. Saturation on the output stage can be a "smoother" (or not:bleh:) option to replace a limiter at the end of the chain.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List