R2R 2023/2024 AA Guides, Bug Reports, Issues & Fixes Megathread (WIN)

Discussion in 'Software' started by Stevie Dude, Nov 29, 2023.

1. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

That's brilliant. Considering it's already been reported by R2R that all the AA VST3's are not true vst3 but simply wrapped vst2's... Pretty comical. Only from AA...

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. patatern

patatern Rock Star

blond preamps are very very spicy, as I have reported in a couple of posts above they are the same in the "BLACK GURU volume C -Bidens" old italian fye stuff :guru:

3. virusg

virusg Rock Star

are you guys able to login into our acustica account? here it says log in error ...I did not installed anything just downloaded R2R fantastic work, I hope I'm not banned as I have at least 20 of their plugins installed

4. patatern

patatern Rock Star

i unistalled everything legit and went R2R only, I usually login in my account from the PC where I have R2R to check plugins manuals or something, all is fine.

I guess that if you got banned you should receive an email alert or something, I dont think GK acts like a dictator at that point...

5. virusg

virusg Rock Star

it must be something on my side but like I said, I use legit only on my pc, and just downloaded R2R versions, not installed ...

6. Zoundzy

Zoundzy Kapellmeister

You always receive an email when you're banned.

7. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

posted something in other thread if anyone interested. LINK

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  8. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

Nice post! It is really unfortunate that when folks mention the word "mastering" anymore it seemingly conjures up the horrifying image of an entire audio mix slammed up against some arbitrary threshold of -1 to 0vu with about 1/2 db of dynamic range overall. This is what I have been seeing even from so-called industry professionals who are calling themselves "certified". Certified in what exactly? IMO, certified to completely ruin good tracks and bury everything in a 1/2db dynamic range nightmare... They are their own worst enemies in my opinion as well as enemies of those who have to sit and listen to their final mixes sounding like raw sludge... Luckily not everyone subscribes to the "louder is king" credo but unfortunately a lot of the industry does subscribe to this backward logic.

These audio tools from AA and others should be used for good rather than evil. While they can be used properly to bring a polish and a hard edge to a final mix they can and quite frequently do get used improperly to make a mix sound about as pleasing to the ear as a pile-driver on overload.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2024
  9. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

Since I'm not fully doing mastering, but still doing it for preview, my approach is more about how to create just a loud to a listenable commercial release but still maintain every single details of the mix. I've spent years perfecting the chain that is all about when the whole mastering chain is turned ON, at the same loudness, the limited version sound exactly like the original mix. The loudness topic is quite blurry out there sometimes, most artists and bands I've work with don't even know much about it. I've had limited mix brought up in volume sent for preview and still come back with note "can you please make it a bit louder" when they clearly knew, already discussed at the beginning that the approved mix will be sent to another person for mastering. It puzzles me sometimes, what do they actually mean by making it louder. Does it means, make the song feels squashed ? reduced in dynamic range or they just that compression artifact sounds or want more density. Hard if we have to educate every single one of them especially when if possible I don't even want to talk shop with them at all and keep it casual talk about unicorn and shit. Part of me is holding myself from telling them that, the "loudness" of a song is at the songwriting stage and give them few tips about how to write a loud song and what to avoid so the song can "feel louder" but not just "louder on meter" at the end but that could easily means they wont be returning any time soon. Commercial projects tho, it's like the standard -8 to -9 for slow songs and -7 for fast song these days. The Manager/A&R even want the screenshot of meter these days. My everyday problem is Dua Lipa and Taylor Swift wannabes that wants it -4 because their fav songs are at that range.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2024
  10. de0524

de0524 Newbie

I have an idea, can I add the COMMON file to the legal version to complete the Volume?
    For example, I have sienna+volume C. If I merge the .NV2, .N2P, and .N2S of volume D in r2r common into sienna’s file, can I get volume C+D and not have my account banned? (I mainly Pay attention to silver and sienna to supplement the volume library I am missing. By the way, I am a mac user)
    Can anyone answer this question? Grateful! :):)

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  11. soldina

soldina Ultrasonic

Most likely not. Aquarius would probably detect the missing/edited protection from the R2R volumes.

12. toetea

toetea Producer

@Stevie Dude You should try the old AA plugins from 2014, they have a classic (Nebula) sound, you might like them, or anyone else who is interested.

I heard one of them does not work right (I think it was the old Pultec, someone would have to try them and confirm), but the rest do. I only tried the Silk EQ, it has limited controls but the sound is sweet.
    Installing those old ones does not make any problems for the new AA or the R2R framework. Sadly these discontinued products will give you ban if you use Apuarius.

13. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

you mean the old Nebula libs ?

14. Barncore

Barncore Platinum Record

Question for you guys.
    I've decided to go with the R2R releases on my new PC build instead of re-installing everything legit. Does anyone know if it's possible to use official Acustica plugins (i.e. non-R2R'd) installed manually under the R2R Framework?
    There's a few plugins i have that R2R haven't released yet that i'd like to continue using (e.g. Cherry, Grey, Salt Ultra, Cream2), and there's a probably a few plugins i own that have the full sample pack range as opposed to R2R's releases.

Since i already have all the files on my old computer with Aquarius on it, could i just copy those over install them manually onto the new PC that doesn't have Aquarius on it under the R2R framework?

Would Acustica detect it on their end? Would my license/name be attached to it?

Would it even work? Or does it need to be pre-patched by R2R?

I had a look through some audiosex threads and i didn't see anyone talk about it. Has anyone here seen anything about it?

15. toetea

toetea Producer

The files need to be decrypted to work correctly, so the answer to your question is no. It would be nice to see Grey be released by R2R since it was a limited release. If you want all R2R you must wait.

16. clone

clone Audiosexual

Why wouldn't you just keep the old machine how it is already, stick Audiogridder on it and use both in your DAW? None of these plugins are good enough that they would even impact my decision making. Not even close.

17. Barncore

Barncore Platinum Record

Sad face.
    Makes sense though.

I'd be happy to supply Grey to R2R. I actually messaged someone about it a week ago and they never replied.

The new system is more than powerful enough CPU-wise to handle as many plugins as i need and i don't want to have 2 computers set up using power and taking up space and making fan noise.

18. soldina

soldina Ultrasonic

This is purely speculation on my part, but I believe R2R already have access to everything AA related. As for the missing sample rates, I’m not sure they’re really missing, I think it was their conscious decision: simply not worth the time and witch-power.

That said, not gonna lie, every time we go multiple days without the remaining AA stuff I think “that’s it, it’s over, they got bored and are putting their efforts on other stuff”.

19. Bassifondi

Bassifondi Producer

They sound better than the rest. 2 weeks ago I had put a sries of them on master track that had a fab filter pro limiter. It sounded good, i dont rember thoversampling on the ff but all the 3 or 4 aa plugs were using 4x os. I noticed that i didnt need the ff limiter, so while playing the track i deleted the lim, at that moment i really heard heaven's door opening.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  20. HammerTiMe

HammerTiMe Producer

But did something happen? Any errors with Acustica plugins? Acustica Audio releases have been drastically stopped for weeks now