R2R 2023/2024 AA Guides, Bug Reports, Issues & Fixes Megathread (WIN)

Discussion in 'Software' started by Stevie Dude, Nov 29, 2023.

1. amintvs

amintvs Noisemaker

is there anyway to use this skin?
    i cant even test the Magenta without losing my eyes

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List

Attached Files:

2. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

have you turned on the Dynamic Section switch is at the on top of the center section above big preamp knob ? hard to find at first.

Thanks for reporting back, for now I will only confirmed the EMERALD. Will wait for the FROST.

It happens sometimes, AA plugins are not famous for being stable. I ran a quick test with WATER3 and it's not happening here. Will assume it's just the usual plugin failure and could be easily solved by removing the plugin and add it back.

They are all trials. R2R may have had removed the T during the repacking of them all. Sometimes they'd missed a T or two. It happens.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2024
  3. clone

clone Audiosexual

You are correct about the T in the filenames. If everything else is done correctly, the "t" shouldn't be there.

4. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

partly disagree tho even I don't have any technical argument about it just how I hear it. It's not "magic" per se but it has some sort of sound, well let's call it "artifact" for now. Something added to the sound due to all the methods the processing applied using the IRs, it's not about the IR itself as those artifact didn't exist on other non-reverb plugins by other developers that used similar method such as STL ControlHub and IK Tape Collections to name a few. At least to me the sound of that artifact somehow reminds me, giving similar feelings of patching an outboard hardware to the track, in a way. Idk for sure if it's the conversion stage artifact or the hardware itself but it's there somewhere in the chain. As @Riddim Machine already mentioned, just one instance of AA plugin in the chain will add that to the track and the will result in the processed track being a lot like sent out for outboard processing and came back. I don't think AA had planned or intentionally did this on purpose, it just happened along the way of the development of the Acqua & Nebula plugins/libraries and that put them on the map and they are milking the shit out of it dry. The same artifact are slowing going away since they're migrating all their products line to Hyper 3 tech and most newer products like Midnight doesn't really have it anymore (still there just less), well when you compared it with Ultramarine, the difference is kinda obvious. Midnight is still using all those sampled IRs but with adding digitally recreated filters as well. If Midnight is the first plugin of AA anyone ever tried, they will go on and say it's basically the same with other algo plugins. Those old Acqua non-Hyper plugins and Nebula libraries are the ones that have it the most. It's just stupid artifact but it's addictive sounding, not sure how to describe it better. I don't think I've ever heard of people saying Midnight or Salt are better than the old ones sound-wise, it has a lot of other good pros of course but never better sounding. It's missing that stupid artifact IMO. AA's newer products are more like properly coded plugins with a lot of effort, take Olive for example, it's a good plugin, the dynamic modules are soo good, but have close to none of those artifacts mentioned. Olive sounds good to me, I like it but PINK4 will eat it out alive if compared side by side sound character wise. Not a fair comparison since they are different console but just saying.

• Like Like x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. Zoundzy

Zoundzy Kapellmeister

Check. Thx:)

6. Lokster

Lokster Ultrasonic

Reporting another Issue: Lemon has no Presets same thing happening as with Cola When opening presets tab in the plugin I only get "LST" with no other options is there any fix for this?

Attached Files:

7. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

Actually that one is defaulted "ON" when the [FROST] plugin is engaged (on mine anyway) although I must admit I never thought to check it because its not part of the malfunctioning section. To answer, yes it is (was) on when testing the #2 section and it doesn't matter. The only working (audio affecting) control on the #2 strip section is the "output" knob. You can twist every other thing under the sun on that #2 strip from one extreme to the other and nothing ever happens. To be quite honest that entire GUI is a jumbled mess - makes no horse sense whatsoever. Makes one wonder what the hell they were thinking... Even the strips are numbered out of sequence. Kind of idiotic. Like logically it should be #1 then #2 then #3 left to right. Then to top it they put controls in one strip section that enables a different strip section? Why even bother with strips/sections at that rate... IF (big if) this was a real piece of hardware I wonder who would ever buy it?

8. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

With all the broken stuff on these releases I wonder why R2R even bothers unless they are trying to prove a point...The "trials" one would think would be in much better repair than this since they are supposed to be a "best foot forward" to demo the paid versions...

9. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

The other Dynamic module works for me, example, this is the plugin on launch and I just adjust the Threshold only :

upload_2024-1-8_5-31-10.png

Notice the GR Meter on the right is showing gain reduction. The Output meter showing lower value to the Input, it was brought down by the compression. I OS 2X so it runs at 96kHz, still getting the same behavior as at 48kHz, only the Dynamic EQ not working, the rest work fine.. So it's working at 48kHz but not at 96kHz. Will update the main thread and see if anyone else reporting problems at 96kHz.

Although I don't really like broken plugins, I'd rather R2R keep releasing them and slowly maybe people will start supplying and the releases will get better in time. As for now we only get cracked trials but it's better (at least for me) than not getting them at all. I believe these releases are all pre-cracked some time ago and stored for a while before R2R releasing them judging by most plugins builds date are around June to October 2023. Maybe it's just the 1st phase of AA release and R2R are collecting the full version supplies as we speak and been working on those in the meantime. We are talking more than 100 bundles and around 400 plugins minimum if you count every module. Add to the encrypted IRs, and VST/AXX formats, easily thousands of thousands encrypted files needed processing even when they are all cracked. A lot of time is needed for that. Other plugin are basically just few dlls and VST3, if they have libraries, most of them aren't encrypted except for maniac like Liquidsonics.

It would be mean if they leave us all hanging after they finished the releases of these trial based plugin. I don't think so, just waiting for a day that 100GB of Full AA bundle dropped as they did with the PA's recently. A lot of people jumped from the legit to R2R already. With great power comes great responsibility. lol

This one can't be helped for now. A lot of plugins are missing this and people stopped hoping for the presets. R2R havent responded to this kind of fix for now. It could be that they simply don't have the source or the trials don't come with presets or maybe some other reason I don't understand.

10. Tropicale

Tropicale Member

Those are additional (free) downloads, not included with the standard one. I guess additional skins are not included in trials version

11. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

The individual AAX and VST (there is no VST3 in this one) XML's are referencing a
    "<PresetSubpath> Lemon/LemonPreset.N2S </PresetSubpath>" that doesn't exist in the release package anywhere.

12. amintvs

amintvs Noisemaker

oh so only legit users can help BTW it needs decryption and drm cleaning, impossible i guess.

13. amintvs

amintvs Noisemaker

renaming it to
    <PRESETSUBPATH> LEMON.N2S </PRESETSUBPATH>
    opens the menu with dly and pre submenu but nothing is there

14. de0524

de0524 Newbie

I'm frustrated that Seinna's vol c is missing C01 Speakers: GIENAH, that should be the genelec 8050. This is pretty much the only reason I want to own a Seinna. I tried vol.S genelec “the one”, is too much low end (for me). It seems there is no way to fix it.:dunno::dunno:

15. Gyorgy Ligeti

Gyorgy Ligeti Platinum Record

In my opinion @Stevie Dude things are much more complex. If R2R has decided to release Acustica in this way and timeline, it is clear that it is the only viable way atm. I don't think they are simple trials, also because R2R has specified in Framework NFO "legit license is required to perform decryption". Let's also remember that R2R has started releasing updates (Pumpkin Pro and Midnight) which are certainly legit. So let's see. In my opinion R2R has started a journey since the release of Falcon 3 (including the massive release of a big portion of iLok catalog throughout 2023) "The beginning and the end of it all". It is clear that this legendary Team is preparing something great, in several phases, and which can have unpredictable consequences.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  16. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

Right. I get you. I see the same thing with the meter. However when twiddling with any of those controls on #2 (with the #3 "dyn" ON) no matter where the #2 selector is - "comp" "bw1" "bw2" or "dyn eq" - I hear nothing being done to the audio at all. The #3 and #1 strips both seem to affect audio in some way but not #2...

17. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

So clearly it's 96kHz problem only. Not happening at 48kHz. The "COMP" "BW1" and "BM2" working as it should here. I wanted to try test on 96kHz but can't do it now. Maybe later. It's not simple to change sample rate here as everything is connected. I already add the issue to the main thread and highlight it in red. Need other's confirmation. Also for what it's worth FROST build is dated back to Jun 2023.

upload_2024-1-8_7-11-28.png

18. toetea

toetea Kapellmeister

Dude.. you are the man! Very clear observations and well said. I have the same feelings and observations also.
    Of course desired sonic qualities come down to taste, but I would not discredit VVKT completely. I think there is some magic in there. Hard to say what is causing it though, the converter could play a part in the sound of older AA. Definitely some subtle phase stuff going on. I also agree that the newer plugins are missing that artifact, and though it is cleaner and the actions and results are more precise, it can be a little too stale or feels like something is missing.
    "It's missing that stupid artifact IMO." IMO the older plugins had more "box tone," which is equally loved or hated by different engineers. It is pretty much a coin-flip lol. AA also definitely did milk the sht out of it.

Your observations about Pumpkin are similar to mine also. AA has fantastic engineers, but they are a little moronic sadly.
    UI/UX needs more work. I wonder what the future will bring.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2024
  19. Zoundzy

Zoundzy Kapellmeister

Question: I have some commercial licenses from AA. Can I replace some of the files from the R2R installation files with the commercial files to fix the 'trial' issue? If yes, how?

20. Tropicale

Tropicale Member

Totally agree: the older releases are usually the most interesting and beautiful (to me) and it's kinda sad they re moving away from that "philosophy".

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List