R2R 2023/2024 AA Guides, Bug Reports, Issues & Fixes Megathread (WIN)

Discussion in 'Software' started by Stevie Dude, Nov 29, 2023.

1. Sapriisty

Sapriisty Kapellmeister

Never doubt, especially this magnificent team which is R2R, the avalanche continues, thank you again! This start of the year promises to be truly prolific, magical for all initiated producers and or qualified sound engineers! ( We saw you luca :rofl:)

If anyone knows what was changed between the first and second versions of: Pumpkinpro and Midnight comp, their response is most welcome!

R2R Reserve to Revolutionize that's the slogan thank you again :thanks::phunk:

2. Barncore

Barncore Platinum Record

Here it comes
    [​IMG]

I don't know for sure because i haven't checked myself, but Acustica updated Midnight so that the output knob works (it didn't work on release), so my guess is that it fixes that.

3. tomheavybeats

tomheavybeats Newbie

I just got banned by Acustica for 24 hours but I don't have any R2R installed, only had one plugin in a folder on my onedrive as a download (have been testing on a offline machine). Does this mean Acustica are scanning my Personal OneDrive files, wtf??

4. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

about the GREEN 4, it's not necessarily bad plugin, a lot of people love it and found its use for them. GML emulation aside, it's not a bad sounding plugin given how adding ER to sound will add depth in return you lost some transient details, an overly spiky and dry mix could benefit from it. A lot of people suggests to turn off the PRE and just use the curve.

Yes that's like better, clean sounding option.

yeah, the Aquarius is capable of so much more than that. I knew that it scans everything, and capable of screen capture too. God knows what else it's capable of, it has admin access, so..

Last edited: Jan 5, 2024
  5. tomheavybeats

tomheavybeats Newbie

That is way beyond acceptable. Just inspired me to sell all my legit AA plugins and go with R2R for the win haha

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Blickbard

Blickbard Member

scary shit. sure you did not have any non legit installed before ?

7. tomheavybeats

tomheavybeats Newbie

When it first all happened I did install one to see if it was real lol and then deleted as I needed my official Nebula Libraries which I like too much. I made sure to delete absolutely everything and then I reinstalled everything offical and it was fine for a few weeks. I made one of the R2R folders offline in my OneDrive today as was sorting files out and thats when the warning came up on Aquarius when I opened. Scary

8. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

@patatern I thought I read somewhere you are looking for SSL style EQ or something, memory is blurred as usual, but anyway what do you think of FROST ?

9. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

back when it happened to me, I made sure I cleared every single file and registry entries and still got caught on first login of Aquarius. I count all the files, every single on of them that added for Nebula k'd version and deleted them all accordingly. I think Aquarius doesn't just scan files, probably history in the registry too.

10. Blickbard

Blickbard Member

I wonder how they deal with people who tried illegal stuff , liked it and then bought it . Like everything they tried before

11. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

If you're still teetering on the precipice of going from "legit" to R2R I would think the above horror stories should be sufficient cause to warrant such a switch. At least the R2R framework just does what it's supposed to do without all the frappin spyware.

On a different subject - Has anyone slapped the two green 4's together yet?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. Blickbard

Blickbard Member

Well I would not do it the other way around for sure and buy stuff from people who possibly can steal your personal information later

13. shinyzen

shinyzen Platinum Record

i would guess that you have a file you forgot about somewhere. I have tested this myself with a throw away account on an extra laptop, i downloaded legit freebies from aquarius, then installed r2r, but moved the vst3 folder to just my desktop, opened up aquarius, and downloaded and installed another freebie with no issue. Both r2r and legit installed side by side. I will try again to see if they have updated aqurius in the past few weeks.

14. clone

clone Audiosexual

I got their little 24hr ban with only Aquarius installed, and a few trial versions I had started to download. They weren't even finished downloading. Maybe because I used Protonmail or something. It doesn't matter, I just thought it was interesting.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  15. virusg

virusg Rock Star

is there anyone in here that have the Primestudio.at plugins? are they any good? they are preparing the new Charly preamp!

16. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

Guys, anyone tested the ERIN ? Apparently the HYCOMP & HYCOMPST are both using Hyper Tech but the rest of the bundle isn't Hyper. The strange thing about the HYCOMPST when PRE is turn ON it still giving the wrong sample rate behavior such as bump at the high end and low end dip. When the plugin is ran at 2X OS, the frequency response is flat.

PRE ON 48kHz without OS :
    upload_2024-1-6_9-24-49.png

PRE ON 48kHz with 2X OS :
    upload_2024-1-6_9-25-37.png

Apart from that HYCOMPST - C-LINK not working for the Comp selection and Ratio but all the knobs linked fine. Not sure if this is normal behavior or anything.

Hoping someone can run a test and confirm this or maybe check the plugin out. IMO they sound good, I like the EQ particularly.

17. Tropicale

Tropicale Member

I have the legit Erin, c-link are actually intended to work like that (for some interesting reason), or maybe it’s just too boring to link all the parameters that make sense. Don’t know about the low bump, but I can check tomorrow if needed
    Erin modules sound really really good imo.
    Also ebony is a good suite

18. shinyzen

shinyzen Platinum Record

i have never heard of them. Interesting they say they work with acustica ? curious to try them out.

19. 6ixcore

6ixcore Producer

Are you on win or mac? on mac, I've tried using legit and R2R (using the original framework) and, after removing all plugins and related files, could open Aquarius several times without any issue. On the mac side Aquarius doesn't have full disk access and only a few folders, you can confirm this in > System Prefs > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Full Disk Access

20. Zoundzy

Zoundzy Kapellmeister

Very happy with the new releases from R2R. I was waiting for Titanium and now waiting for Magenta to be complete. Everything else is a bonus:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List