R2R 2023/2024 AA Guides, Bug Reports, Issues & Fixes Megathread (WIN)

Discussion in 'Software' started by Stevie Dude, Nov 29, 2023.

1. patatern

patatern Platinum Record

yeah I was going to update my post but did a mess, deleted my screenshot will correct it tomorrow

I was copying the "exact model" of the emulation from the AA unofficial site to make my presets, so I have already a list of which preamp is emulating, and usually that site is very accurate, but this time it was confusing. Thats why I was not following the manual

anyhow the manual is confusin as well
    api.png

but in the chapter of the preamp the manual anyway reports 9 preamps...mumble mumble...anyway now I got it, thank you
    api 2.png

2. Barncore

Barncore Platinum Record

No r2r Acustica release for 2 weeks now. I wonder what's going on

3. Sapriisty

Sapriisty Kapellmeister

Recent release :
    Roli, Audiaire, Serum, Softube, APU, Sonic Academy, Sonic Charge, Live 12(beta), XLN, Sonible, Fabfilter, Arturia, Kilohearts etc etc...

And so much more, I understand very well your impatience, but no matter what team it is, it needs time, and sleep too, we were very well fed with many things that will be used for a long time, tools creative and very inspiring which gives us time for our imagination and creativity to make music without updating the sister site or this post in question every day.

Have you contributed your own licenses or official files for AA releases?
    I am asking to the contribution of the legit and official authenticator files, because personally it took me a full day to redownload 2 plugs, the files, store them correctly, compress and encrypt them then send them, a full day of well 11 hours with the machine who works non-stop.

So imagine the time to clean the bloatware etc for a single plugin, I think we don't put ourselves enough in the shoes of the teams who work for our pleasure

This makes me think once again that it is the grains of sand that make the dunes move, and not those who walk on them.

Personally, I'm honestly in no hurry, in R2R we trust, I admire that the guys have done so much in such a short time, without asking myself why what I personally expect is still not coming out.

4. capitan crunch

capitan crunch Producer

Acustica Audio has saved me TONS of space. I don't need many other plugins.

5. 6ixcore

6ixcore Producer

So it seems there are no more AA plugs from R2R, after them teasing on the first few releases that they have them all, i was kinda of waiting for my favs to drop... hey, im grateful for all they gave us, but still, sad after those statements and no more releases :sad: Maybe Giancarlo offered them an all-inclusive-trip to Bahamas or something as they seemed focused in dropping them all.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Barncore

Barncore Platinum Record

I wouldn't go as far as to say that they've stopped altogether. They said they already cracked all 100 of them. There must be some sort of delay. Maybe they're focused on a big new year's wave, or maybe they're fixing the 48/88k samplerate thing. Or maybe they're taking a well deserved break over christmas.

Or maybe we weren't grateful enough for the 44/96k samplerates and they thought "well fuck it then" lol

7. Boreios

Boreios Kapellmeister

-

Last edited: Jun 4, 2024
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Riddim Machine

Riddim Machine Rock Star

I think the witches deserve a good beach party with expensive drinks, a killer weed, elephants, dressed monkeys drinking brandy and all of that stuff. Lots of dreams came true on 2023. And at this moment there's only space for gratitude from me. On the last .nfo's they were "witches with bikinis". Let em chill

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  9. YawnCarlo

YawnCarlo Newbie

Maybe they’ve been supplied with non trial versions and have to do a lot of rework. Shout out to R2R though for what they’ve already done. They forced a very quick change by the dev that will benefit legit users. The coincidence is too close to believe the dev was already planning those changes.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. patatern

patatern Platinum Record

:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. 6ixcore

6ixcore Producer

They're back at it :mates:

12. realpirate

realpirate Newbie

any fixes for Amethyst's Pre yet? that one sounds amazing

13. Barncore

Barncore Platinum Record

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand they're back

People in the post are saying that Green4 only has 2 of the 4 plugins from the full Green4 suite. Wonder what happened there

14. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

It appears this is correct. Only 2 eqs of the 4 devices exist in this release - only Green 4 Mix & Green 4 True Stereo are included.
    The Green 4 Zen EQ and Green 4 Zen Comp are both missing from this release.

15. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

So Dan Worrall uses AA plugins too apparently. Check the list of his plugin.

upload_2024-1-5_9-55-57.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  16. Riddim Machine

Riddim Machine Rock Star

I felt asleep while testing Green... That was a boring one. One of the few Acquas that i didn't like absolutely nothing. To my ears the PA one sounds much more solid, functional and modern that this one. Pulsar Audio also, even if i don't like this one as much as PA. And quite honestly i didn't expect a GML emulation to sound so weak and blurred. And no oversample probably cramps at nyquist (i didn't tested because the sound itself made me delete). I wonder if this thing is any better than a stock eq

17. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

HAHAHAHA. It's my exact thought. I wanted to say it, but just giving it more time and testing it out. They overdid this one, with the "crosstalk" sampling (and call it True Stereo because of it) and whatnot, it's like adding a reverb, early reflection to be more exact. Crank the preamp to get more reverb, lol! probably that's what they think could fool people by calling it "depth". Well technicalliy it is, but not on an EQ. The transient blurring is soo obvious. PA's and Pulsar's both better on sooo many levels compared to this one, accuracy is debatable, but it's clean, no funky things going on the background, and no-nonsense approach. It's EQ, you get what you dialled. Both of that atleast tried to model the parallel filters famous for this hardware unit and make the phase interaction between bands unique to its own.

The harmonics pattern also doesn't make sense, it's like they intentionally want to make it sounds warm because the sampling couldn't achieve it. There is none tube presents in the hardware but the plugin generate tube-like harmonics so the overall plugin feels a little warmer. Add the stupid ER like impulses for the EQ curve, it's tube reverb at best. #facepalm

100% not mastering grade.

GREEN 4 ZEN (same with GREEN 4) harmonics showing a strong present of even order harmonics that mimics tube saturation :

upload_2024-1-6_5-50-21.png

GREEN 4 preamp cranked = non linear distortion + early reflection like artifacts showing on the linear test :

** they dont necessarily add ER for the plugin but the result of summing the 4 channels capture will ended up being ER-like sound. It gives perception of depth but far away from accuracy of the unit it sampled. It is what caused the transient blurring.

upload_2024-1-5_12-44-12.png

LEAPWING AUDIO STAGEONE 2 "Depth" which is Early Reflection on linear test for reference example :

upload_2024-1-5_12-44-59.png

ULTRAMARINE 4 preamp cranked, for reference of non-linearity of the preamp without crosstalk sampling on linear test :
    upload_2024-1-5_12-48-44.png

Last edited: Jan 5, 2024
    • Like Like x 4
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List

Attached Files:

18. God's Most Favorite Bug

God's Most Favorite Bug Noisemaker

Too bad about Green. :(
    While it's still free & available for a few days, has anyone evaluated the new Grey Ultra comp?

19. Riddim Machine

Riddim Machine Rock Star

Adding ER to a mastering eq is more mickey mouse than adding tube distortion to a GML 8200. And they did both.

DMG Audio - Equilibrium -> 8k2 -> Peaks and Shelves parallel -> FIR/Analogue -> 32768 IR lenght = BOOOM

20. shinyzen

shinyzen Platinum Record

i did, its great.excellent on drums.