R2R 2023/2024 AA Guides, Bug Reports, Issues & Fixes Megathread (WIN)

Discussion in 'Software' started by Stevie Dude, Nov 29, 2023.

1. Alejandrito

Alejandrito Newbie

In fact, if you read the manuals they recommend reaching -18dbs almost in every pre amp unless you want some dostortion sound.

2. shinyzen

shinyzen Platinum Record

@Stevie Dude dudeeee. i never tried the josh gudwin magic flow. I just gave it a once over and wasnt interested, thought it was some stupid gimmick thing like CLA vocals. After reading your in depth analysis of it i thought id give it a shot, and sheeeit. This thing is really good. I have a mix ive been working on that i thought was good, but was just lacking. just wasnt quite there. I slapped it on, basically followed your guide, and boom, it just opened the song up, breathed a little life into it. Appreciate your in depth reviews and philosophies behind these plugins.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  3. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

Glad it worked for you. Anyway, here's Spotify playlist of songs mixed by Josh Gudwin that I use for reference with the plugin :

upload_2023-12-22_12-23-39.png

Guide : http://audiosex.pro/threads/r2r-202...ixes-megathread-win.73054/page-23#post-743265
    Playlist : https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6P6tB2W4YgDU5q8D2VN8Ce?si=50098e2ffb7f4f0e

Last edited: Dec 22, 2023
  4. Zoundzy

Zoundzy Kapellmeister

Zoundzy, post: 744666, member: 121456"]I found this in the thread on Gearspacem, from the official AA account:
    'Oversampling is good, here the proofs

In detail:
    the first image refers to a case of a microphone preamp. The initial setting has the harmonics already at -60, because we are at 0 of the input trim knob, i.e., +18dBu (the 0dBu value is obtained with the -18 value of the same knob).
    As you can see, no aliasing or at any rate not noteworthy (using a different header in the treble would show more aliasing, but let's keep this as a basis for visualization).
    The second image displays the +30dBu case, virtually still no aliasing. The harmonics are VERY high, we already have one at -25dB (and back with the excessive input case, it is also quite difficult to drive a preamp at these levels.
    The third image viualizes the case at +36dBu, definitely a lot. There is an image related to lack of overampling, where we have some aliasing peaks already at -60dB and aliasing is distributed around -120dB. Oversampling at 8x fixes everything, we are around -155 dB and there is a series of very light peaks at -115dB. Excuse the image that was refreshing in vstanalyzer, it is incomplete below -155dB but you can imagine the "shape" (however in the high frequencies we are already evaluating aliasing around that value, -155dB precisely.
    The fourth image represents the case at +42dBu. At this value the hardware object should explode, but and image appropriately rapprso this inharmonic overshoot of the limit.
    I see some peaks at -50dB, and aliasing around -80dB. We are talking about an object with a drive of +42dBu. Even in this desperate situation, oversampling puts things back on track: some isolated peaks around -70 and aliasing around -130dB

Now, speaking of oversampling, putting our ENTIRE preamp inside oversampling would cost so much, considering it is convolution. We only perform it for harmonics, and only for the delta that actually goes into distortion. 8x in my computer consumes little, a true 8x of ALL the plugin in my computer consumes a lot. Would it make sense? probably not, because I imagine you will use this thing judiciously, trying not to go over +36dBu, and in the unfortunate event that you do go over that limit our ovesampling makes it quite usable.

however if you want to use metaplugin for this task, I won't be the one to stop you. It will be really really cpu intensive, for a drive amount you should never reach. This is a preamp, not an overdrive. For overdrives.... wait for them.'

For the applications I use Tulip for, it seems to behave correctly with OVS. I don't drive the preamps too hard. Tulip OVS.PNG

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

Could someone who has successfully installed the latest scene Nebula 4.5 AND R2R aa framework and has them running side by side without issues write up an install step by step for the NEBULA 4.5 part?

thanks in advance

6. outsider

outsider Newbie

Love this and not to be selfish but can we get another one from you when you have some spare time? Or any links to any good guides like this @anyone reading? Guides like this make it easier to wrap my head around these plugins

7. Zoundzy

Zoundzy Kapellmeister

Did somebody piss off R2R. It's rather still.

8. Gyorgy Ligeti

Gyorgy Ligeti Platinum Record

No, there is no team in warez history that has ever received the love and support that R2R receives, also because no team has ever been as great and consistent as R2R. Christmas and NYE were once big celebrations, but today in modern times R2R releases the best throughout the year, so don't expect much during the holidays. And if you notice, great softwares have been released this year. Of what remains, everything is prohibitive. We have to be realistic, White Box and Metafortress at their maximum strength are too big for any team, so it's better to enjoy our holidays without any expectations.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. Zoundzy

Zoundzy Kapellmeister

I wish them happy new year, mate:)

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  10. kargozarmj

kargozarmj Ultrasonic

I guess he was talking about the rest of the acustica stuff.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

With all that has transpired there are still those that apparently doubt the immense powers of the witches...:woot:

12. Zoundzy

Zoundzy Kapellmeister

I don't:)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  13. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

Me either :wink:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  14. Gyorgy Ligeti

Gyorgy Ligeti Platinum Record

Never had any doubts, and their story speaks for itself. But even a little "healthy realism" doesn't hurt hahaha...
    Happy to prove me wrong, but those protections are scary. Truly scary.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

If there's anyone here that has had success with installing the newer R2R Nebula 4.5 release alongside the R2R AA framework can you please step-by-step how you did it?

16. Boreios

Boreios Kapellmeister

-

Last edited: Jun 4, 2024
  17. Zoundzy

Zoundzy Kapellmeister

I have them both working, but separately. One as Acustica and the other as Aqua.

18. Boreios

Boreios Kapellmeister

-

Last edited: Jun 4, 2024
  19. patatern

patatern Platinum Record

api.png am I missing something or became fool...?

on PINK4 preamps the "AA non official site" reports that should be 9 pieces, maybe I am opening the wrong plugin or something?

Last edited: Dec 31, 2023
  20. clone

clone Audiosexual

Do you have all the manuals? And does this below even make any sense? :wtf:

Preamp 8 - Harmonic Distortion

NOTE: All 8 preamps (plus the ninth one derived from a vintage console as described in the previous chapter) are also included in PINK4 1650 (PINK4EQ) in the BANK named CUSTOM, in this case the nine preamps are named CUST 1 through CUST 9.

The 215 standalone Pink4 PRE module includes 8 preamps. The first 4 of these are coming from Pink1 and they have been im- proved to match our Core 15 standards. In addition there are 4 new preamps that were specifically sampled for the release of the previous Pink3.