R2R 2023/2024 AA Guides, Bug Reports, Issues & Fixes Megathread (WIN)

Discussion in 'Software' started by Stevie Dude, Nov 29, 2023.

1. Pat22

Pat22 Member

You are using your ears thats why you cant hear the difference . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

2. Pat22

Pat22 Member

Someone asked about where to find Acustica manuals . They are in every plugin page in their website , next to add to cart at the top of the page ( it does not write manual , it shows the icon of a pdf file ) .

3. 6ixcore

6ixcore Producer

us waiting for them plugs to drop

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  4. Tropicale

Tropicale Member

Referring to the pink’s behaviour.
    I should still have the legit ivory trial on my system, I’ll post the analyser pic later

Edit: obviously it may have happened because i was running a project @48k, anyway later i'll check and update!

Last edited: Dec 19, 2023
  5. patatern

patatern Platinum Record

everything is in the main post of this thread, so point people there:
    http://audiosex.pro/threads/r2r-2023-aa-guides-bug-reports-issues-fixes-megathread-win.73054/

now this thread is smarter than AA official support :phunk: and its free of charge, decrypted and bloatware free :bow:

PS: there should be also a "non official" version of the manuals, without fancy unuseful stuff

6. Starpino23

Starpino23 Noisemaker

Ash Ultra CPU usage could be an issue with R2R release only, i've read in many forums, FB group and was also confirmed by legit users that the actual legit Ash Ultra is more CPU friendly than the classic Ash which is not the case with ASH Ultra R2R that takes x10 times CPU more than the classic one.

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  7. Tropicale

Tropicale Member

So yes, the problem was the sample rate. The plugin looks ok @96k.
    Just for fun, here are some funky curves @48k.

image.png
    Acquisizione schermata 19.12.2023 alle 19.42.08.png

(Sorry if I created some confusion, peace)

8. Sapriisty

Sapriisty Kapellmeister

So being a former legitimate user and having switched to the R2R version I confirm for my part that ASH in legit was ok on the cpu about 25% personally but ASH ultra was clearly a disaster on my side unusable, my cpu pitted and cracked directly with using it I have never managed to work correctly with it.

Whereas with the R2R version without the bloatware etc. Well ASH simple works like clockwork 10-15% cpu max and ASH ultra also works and becomes usable for me around 30 - 35% cpu usage with peaks like on the legit version but only in a session where I use a lot of other vst or elements.

Have you tested it for yourself??

• Interesting Interesting x 3
    • List
  9. soldina

soldina Ultrasonic

Black/Black Guru, both: If I copy/paste an instance a couple of times on different tracks, it suddenly loads with some kind of muffled lowpass sound. This usually happens after the third instance. Changing preamps doesn't solve it, I need to delete and load a new instance from the plugin menu.

Win 11, REAPER 7.07, 96kHz, VST2

EDIT: I deleted the folder, recopied everything again, REAPER couldn't detect it anymore. So I copied the VST3 version instead and now the issue seems gone.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2023
  10. No Avenger

No Avenger Audiosexual

11. Barncore

Barncore Platinum Record

Regular Acustica releases have slowed, i wonder if this thread killed their motivation :rofl:

12. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

As someone already mentioned they are best used to be spread all over the mix to replicate the preamps on console that has slight difference between them. One more thing to be aware of that every PRE plugin sometimes includes custom pre too, those sometimes has unique character and curve to it and can be cool sometimes, also there are some marked with "ST" or "STEREO" which is awesome just add to your Busses, Return channels etc. Best to refer this list to see what they are, what hardware it was sampled from. You may have heard some pro star engineer talking about this preamp good for this, that one good for another, it's applicable with AA PRE too and I can say I've been getting interesting results by experimenting with them. Common knowledge, for drums, NEVE style preamp add phatness, and low end weight, API add some nice transient details and make em tight, SSL style will add some smacky pillow and bounce or some sort, how for vocals, the RCA's, Abbey Road's and Avalon's pres can add some of their own character. Surprisingly enough, most of AA pres work as expected with what people been saying about those hardware preamps. It's close IMO. Hard to hear at first, but once your ear can tell the difference, hard to come back from it. Monitoring system has to be capable enough too.

To answer your question can I hear the difference between Mic 3 and 16 ? no, because that's not really the point. But I probably can if they turned On and Off. AA has it's own unique character on the low-mid that other plugins don't, even when the EQ curve is flat, it's kinda obvious.

It's at the bottom of the "General Info About Using R2R AA Plugins" topic.

for real ? I always set them at 1x and only change to 16x for render and it still didnt eat my CPU as much. I figured that 16x on ASH is more than enough to keep all the aliasing below -100db threshold. ASH in itself were designed to minimize the harmonic generation above 4kHz. You can see the pattern of it in the Plugin Doctor. I remember sending 10kHz sine wave and it didn't produce harmonics at all. So 16X on ASH is more than enough, my personal opinion, you don't even need OS during real-time mixing just leave it at 1X as long as your clipping GR is not more than 3db. If you want to clip for distortion, just use the Voxengo OVC-128, it's 128x oversampled but still only need around 4% CPU.

R2R are probably busy packing Xmas presents, it's understandable. If it's one thing I know about R2R is they respond well to provocation lol. hahaha, if they ever see this thread intimidating, they will prove us all wrong, not the other way around. #copium

Last edited: Dec 20, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  13. God's Most Favorite Bug

God's Most Favorite Bug Noisemaker

Thank you, and also to @Riddim Machine for sharing the 2500 Bus tip. That Neotek console is cool.

So maybe the best method for choosing models of a subtype is to run them all through a curve analyzer to check for inaudible changes, and keep those around for future reference? The idea of just rolling the dice on a number and ending up with -1db somewhere crucial irritates me.

I'm lost in the sauce at this point, aren't I? :rofl:
    No longer writing music, but exploring TULIPPRE Mic 3 and 16.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

GOLD5COMP what is this section exactly, what's the difference between, Classic, SA, SAR, what it means ?

upload_2023-12-20_14-44-17.png

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  15. Friendelek

Friendelek Producer

Answer from facebook

GOLD5 A013: We've added two new modes to the Gold5 standalone compressor : SA (Software Attack) and SAR (Software Attack and Release).

16. Virtualex

Virtualex Member

I'll expand on your answer a little;

Classic - consists entirely of a filmed compressor impulse, and works softer. most similar to analogue.

SA and SAR are hybrid and involve algorithmic processing. Can work with more attack and release.

• Like Like x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  17. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

I see. Thanks.

18. rasape

rasape Noisemaker

A stupid question: I have already installed R2R's PINK and I have PINK4PEQ, not PINK4PEQT.
    Is there anything I should do?

19. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

Nothing, it's fine. That's just the filename, see the plugin name listed in the DAW.

20. Zoundzy

Zoundzy Kapellmeister

Just tested the new Fix of Tulip by R2R and everything seems to work fine. All sample rates are working with the input trim. Thanks all and especially R2R for the fix:)

• Like Like x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List