R2R 2023/2024 AA Guides, Bug Reports, Issues & Fixes Megathread (WIN)

Discussion in 'Software' started by Stevie Dude, Nov 29, 2023.

1. Zoundzy

Zoundzy Kapellmeister

Tulip Pre does have oversampling built into it, but the input trim does not work. Is that normal?

2. Virtualex

Virtualex Member

Sorry, I haven’t checked this tulip, when I can check it I’ll write to you.
    This new plug for me, need some test)

3. Zoundzy

Zoundzy Kapellmeister

Thanks a lot:)

4. Max Spelanzón

Max Spelanzón Noisemaker

White 3 only works at 44.1 KHz. Request Authorization at 96 KHz. Does this happen to anyone else?

5. Friendelek

Friendelek Producer

work good here

6. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

It works great at 48kHz OS 2x (equivalent to 96kHz) also can someone test the WHITE 3 at 48kHz without OS ? it doesn't sound weird and nothing fancy under the analyzer too. Even the Hammerstein result is identical with and without OS.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. eli91

eli91 Ultrasonic

It seems that when you turn on the oversampling the whole input knob breaks down and starts creating some sudden volume spikes whenever you touch it. It happens in the channel strip version, too.

There are some nice models there, tough. Custom preamps have some WILD eq curves, but the can be kinda useful, somehow.

8. Riddim Machine

Riddim Machine Rock Star

Yes, because the input is there just for gain staging and overdrive, with auto gain compensation, so it doesn't change the level. Only the output gain can control the volume on most AA plugins.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. Zoundzy

Zoundzy Kapellmeister

I have not tried the preamps yet, but I like old preamp colors no one uses for R&B female vocals. Telefunken is from the same era, that’s why I like to try this one; if it works;-)

10. Zoundzy

Zoundzy Kapellmeister

The answer I was looking for. Thx, mate!

11. Zoundzy

Zoundzy Kapellmeister

have not tried the preamps yet, but I like old preamp colors no one uses for R&B female vocals. Telefunken is from the same era, that’s why I like to try this one; if it works;-)

12. Riddim Machine

Riddim Machine Rock Star

Tulip is better for that task than any vintage german plugin i tested so far. Philips/Polygram (which Tulip is based) are not at the same league, since are modern revisions of old TAB/Siemens gear by Netherlands company collab with the german ones. So you can expect a more "refined" sound, although somehow similar to TAB. One of the most hard tasks of the world is to define the sound of Tulip, you gotta hear by yourself. End of 70's to 80's Berlin-Detroit? Thats how i can define it, sorry for not being more especific:rofl:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  13. Zoundzy

Zoundzy Kapellmeister

I understood everything you said, thx a lot! I’m going to dig in!

14. Gyorgy Ligeti

Gyorgy Ligeti Platinum Record

For White 3 personally I can confirm. Sounds just really good. Like many Acustica plugins. R2R has made and is making a masterpiece with these releases. We have to be extremely grateful for their work, and we have to continue to put up with them. They just deserve support and appreciation.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  15. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

At 96kHz system clock both the White EQ and the Filter (AAX & VST2) work fine. No issues thus far...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

Is it recorded good through a good mic ? I mean, i f hate how female vocals isnt responding well to preamps plugin for some reason if it wasn't properly recorded with stupid expensive mic. It's ALWAYYSSS the microphone. hate it. haha. Mic Sim plugins these days are pretty good though, I use that instead of preamp for female vocals if the recording is so so and experiment, change the overall curve and stuff and make it sound like Taylor Swift. lol. Female vocal tone will decide how the overall song will turn out, sometimes it feels okay during mixing if I didnt pay attention to it but then in the end, wtf why the song sounds like bedroom demo ? fucking hate it. haha.

@Max Spelanzón something is probably wrong with your installation, try remove and reinstall.

17. Zoundzy

Zoundzy Kapellmeister

I used to use an SM7B with Lava and got very good results, now I use UAD Sphere mic and much more happy. I have an R&B singer that sounds like a young Aretha Franklin and I want to give her the same old vibe, with a bit of modern touch:). A comobo between algo plugins (the new Scaker EQ is a game changer) and old school vibes (that's why I love AA). I'm playing through different preamps to see what adds...she seem to be a fit for preamp saturation.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  18. Zoundzy

Zoundzy Kapellmeister

*Scaler EQ

19. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

The White mastering Filter is pretty indicative of what vinyl disc master cutting is all about. M1-M3 being bandpass with almost cliff-like drop offs at the lower and upper targets of ~20Hz & 16.8kHz. The V1-3 settings being the same at ~35Hz & 14kHz. Those will definitely keep your cutting head from jumping a groove.

Was trying to find out more about the hardware units that the white plugins were supposedly sampled from... Still cannot find anything concrete...

Last edited: Dec 16, 2023
  20. Zoundzy

Zoundzy Kapellmeister

Have you tried Tim Petheric Vari-Level 2..the STA-Level..the best vox comp in my arsenal? I'm happy with R2R..they got me back to Nebula, to Alex B (the Neumann machine is a beast)..TP (all comps are great), Cupwise tones (very nice preamps), Analog in The Box (the Bricasti en the Manley Massive Passive )...so much stuff left behind for Giancarlo bloatware...I'm free (or pay 400 euros for Nebula with using the AA household..f no).

• Like Like x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List