R2R 2023/2024 AA Guides, Bug Reports, Issues & Fixes Megathread (WIN)

Discussion in 'Software' started by Stevie Dude, Nov 29, 2023.

1. Epidemico

Epidemico Producer

I didn't check all the comments here just because there's a ton already so i don't know if this has been already said, anyway, what i can confirm here is: i bought some acustica plugins and i can assure you that all the sample rates are there, Pink for example has also older versions of Pink inside when you buy it and all the impulse responses are inside a "PINK3" folder, three files as example: PINK_F0_44 PINK_F0_48 PINK_F0_88 PINK_F0_96, so the version by R2R is clearly a trial which probably has no "PINK3" folder inside and even if this folder is in there not all the sample rates impulse are available, this choice is probably done to make the plugin lighter to be able to download it faster and probably (but i can't confirm) the trial versions are not updated so frequently, so, if R2R has no access to full versions but only to trials you will always have a "incomplete" plugin with missing impulses for some sample rates and not so frequently updated like legit ones, i can't confirm about the updates but i can confirm about the impulse responses. Free plugins are complete 'cause a trial version doesn't exist, all the other plugins that are not free but have all the impulse available it's because someone probably have given the missing impulse responses to R2R. Also i think that using oversampling on an impulse response is not quite the same thing compared to oversampling on an algorythm plugin, that's why they provide different sample rates and that's why they introduced oversampling only after the new hyper engine.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

5 people contacted me about sending their full retail version. I pointed them to the right direction, hoping there's nothing wrong with the bridge. Assuming all of them done that, and the bridge working fine, R2R should have at least 20+ full retail version of the plugins which is a fifth of full AA catalog. That's just people that contacted me, there are more that did it straight without my knowledge which is admirable too. I strongly suggest that if anyone want to contribute to do so sooner to help accelerating the process. Remember that, supplying the full version will make you lose absolutely nothing, maybe gain a silent respect in the process for now and opens up the choice for you to make in the future, to jump to the high seas with Luffy and co. Thanks.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  3. Epidemico

Epidemico Producer

Yeah i was guessing that someone is providing the missing irs, thing is, i just can't, i have the worst adsl upload speed ever and it's a lot of files, only for Pink is 4.30GB for 48k and 88k irs together.

4. Friendelek

Friendelek Producer

One tech question.
    Should I delete all 96000 files from plugin directories if I work in 44100 and vice versa? Will there be any problems with loading the plugins?

5. patatern

patatern Platinum Record

no problem, you can delete (or archive...) all the files you dont need, for example ZL zero latency or sample rate you dont need

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  6. Friendelek

Friendelek Producer

Nickel
    Ratio 4, Attack/Release both Slow
    Black
    [​IMG]

White
    [​IMG]

With the same settings BLACK triggers faster than WHITE

7. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

Sorry I dont use these plugins.
    I'm a composer and a musician, not a technician.

8. mrrnr

mrrnr Kapellmeister

Same Here However, That's Why I Created This Post Thread That Hopefully Some Techs Would Respond..:wink:

9. BambooPestle

BambooPestle Producer

upload_2023-12-9_23-7-28.png
    I have some files in AppData\Roaming\Acustica directory. Try to resize Gold5 instance (with size menu in plugin) for example, and check this directory again. If some _RESIZE file appears here then everything is ok. Not too much plugins use this directory for configs.

10. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

The object of the other post, is meant for all questions about this, so if you ask there you will more probably receive an answer. That's the idea...

So I'm merging your post with the other.

11. YungstarProd

YungstarProd Member

Bruh.
    Wasting our time with these legitimate broken plugins...it's just disappointing.

12. shinyzen

shinyzen Platinum Record

whats your question?

13. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

Oh noooo... but they must.. well, because, UAD.

14. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

all Softube plugins (not responding to PD, plugin host), 80% of Liquidsonics (broken Early Reflection, mute, volume jump, mute timebomb), 10% of Slate VMR (the 1176s funky curves) are broken too. You just don't know that because nobody told you I guess ? Still thousands of records out there used those plugins. I guess you dont know that too ? the world of k'd plugin, you play/work around what you get, want perfect stuff, you know what to do.

15. YungstarProd

YungstarProd Member

In a perfect world maybe—I guess I'm not clarifying it correctly.
    This one company with so many dastardly errors even on legitimate, isn't worth the hassle.

But again, I guess you're right, it depends on the user and their needs. I just haven't seen this much chaos since the Spectrasonics release.

16. mrrnr

mrrnr Kapellmeister

Thank You For Asking shinyzen..

Here it Is.. The Question..

I've Followed R2R Advanced Framework Instructions To a Tee Including Install Make_APPDATA_Acustica_Dir Creates a directory in the USER/AppData/Roaming folder)..

All Acustica Audio Plugins Are Working Fine and The GUI Looking Good In Studio One 6 and Working Fine, But Acustica directory in the USER/AppData/Roaming folder "Is Empty" Although Its My Understanding The Folder Is supposed to be To be Empty? But Im Not Sure

Just Simply Looking For Some Explanation What Does Exactly Goes Into This Acustica Audio Appdata Folder And Why Acustica Audio AppData Folder Is Empty.

Thank You
    Rob
    Studio One V6
    Windows 11

Last edited: Dec 9, 2023
  17. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

that's why I started this thread at the first place, I found errors, others did too, some already know what is the main culprit. It happened with early Nexus release, it was chaos too with trackers, slave servers connection etc but today everything working perfectly, atleast no known issues or any report about the plugin not working correctly. All that thanks to the guy that started the Nexus megathread that slowly gathering everything needed to solve it, and the community collectively helping each other to the point of the Nexus release we have today. About AA the legitimate plugins, they arent broken as it seems, I've been a legit user for a year and a half, bought 3 plugins and 0 bugs or issues back then. Yes there are questionable method of DRM, plugin size, CPU Hog etc but none of them plugins are broken to a level using them creates more problem that solving it. Just the usual bugs, it's normal for the dev that their business model is prioritizing releasing new stuff rather than perfecting what they already have. Hard to keep up. I don't agree with any of it, I think it's kinda stupid, arrogant and greedy plus every other little thing about the dev too, but I can't lie to myself that I didnt like the plugins. More than glad R2R show up with a solution. Halfway there, will only get better.

18. Gyorgy Ligeti

Gyorgy Ligeti Platinum Record

Liquidsonics R2R plugins are a disaster. Totally bricked, but whats the issue on Softube?

19. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

It didn't support plugin host. While that's not really a problem, but not being able to run inside PD means nobody knows if they are all working perfectly or not. Hence no report about any error since release. Nobody knows if there's a minor bug or anything. For now, been using them daily and it causes me 0 problem but it's just I will make sure I know what plugin I am using inside out before using it, it is a habit, but with Softube, I just have to trust my guts and ears. I trust, but I always verify. Cant do it with R2R's Softube.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  20. Gyorgy Ligeti

Gyorgy Ligeti Platinum Record

You are right not to trust it, however I am a heavy user of Softube (and UAD) and I can confirm that the R2R Softubes behave identically to the legit ones. I mix together legit Softube and R2R ones, just identical. I once tested Germanium R2R and legit together in early 2022, 26 different settings on various sources, in all cases they null themselves.