R2R 2023/2024 AA Guides, Bug Reports, Issues & Fixes Megathread (WIN)

Discussion in 'Software' started by Stevie Dude, Nov 29, 2023.

1. Riddim Machine

Riddim Machine Rock Star

At this point, i'm really starting to think AA is Analog Obsession with convolution...

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. Joe_sleaze

Joe_sleaze Platinum Record

AA deserves more respect imo.

3. Riddim Machine

Riddim Machine Rock Star

Agree. AA sounds good, i'm just making a joke with the fact of the malfunction of basic tasks on their plugins, soundwise AA is superior, AO sounds bad on most plugins.

4. Friendelek

Friendelek Producer

R2R did an incredible job, respect to them, but it's impossible to use this plugins with so mach issues and missing files ...
    I'll probably have to delete all the files and reinstall Aquarius.
    Or R2R have a New Year's surprise for us?!?!

5. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

@Riddim Machine if you got 1-2 minutes free time, can you please verify if it happens @ 44.1kHz ? It doesn't @ 48kHz and 48kHz with 2x OS.

Yeah I understand, decrypting 10GB of files for one plugin is surely time consuming and needed a lot of hard work. I really hope R2R will reconsider and take a good look at all this matter once again and if they truly to want people to ditch AA legit and use their version. They know what they need to do if they choose to do it, they probably aware of everything, but maybe don't have time on their hand right now. I don't think they've achieved their agenda just yet with this AA releases, maybe there is something they are planning that we don't know. The first wave made and impact but Giancarlo is getting more and more arrogant. He's planning to sue some guy on facebook for something that had to do with "piracy". Still waiting for more info about the story. I don't have facebook. :(

Last edited: Dec 7, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. Friendelek

Friendelek Producer

Pre 043
    [​IMG]

Pre CH2
    [​IMG]

Comp off in both tests. Maybe that's how it works ?

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  7. Riddim Machine

Riddim Machine Rock Star

Yes, it does. There's a significant level drop as if the preamp was cranked into distortion, and after level match, it doesn't sound good at all. Really sounds like broken.

8. shinyzen

shinyzen Platinum Record

If i remember correctly. The oversampling for Diamond Lift was added recently in version 4, and is ONLY for Clipper setting number 5

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  9. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

wow that 6db of volume drop. No such behavior @ 48kHz 2X OS. No volume drop at all. Oh so it really happening @ 44.1kHz.

upload_2023-12-8_3-56-28.png

10. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

If that is the case, it works. Strange for other CLIPPING mode to not have oversampling, but nothing wrong with the plugin is good to know. Thanks man.

upload_2023-12-8_3-59-48.png

11. Friendelek

Friendelek Producer

Same here. 48k everything is ok

12. virusg

virusg Rock Star

weshouldsharethefullstuff cantyouunderstand thattheywantedt oshowitspossible? providethefullstuff

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  13. Riddim Machine

Riddim Machine Rock Star

I doubt R2R will give this win to Giancarlo. This is the first wave of cracked Acquas, guys, chill. No one, no other Team was able to do what they did, it is a hard task to keep libraries 100% clean if the dev doesn't keep the files organized and the trials are different from full versions. Just read the .nfo's. There was a big drop on time the AA releases from R2R are coming to our hands, probably because they are not ignoring those issues before releasing another plugin just for the sake of it. And as R2R, Giancarlo is also aware of the bugs. That's why his atittude became worse by the time the releases were comming. Probably thinking "look at all those hungry m*f*kers going to broken stuff hahahahahaha (EDM music plays on the background)".

R2R improved a lot of stuff as disk space and consumption. By the time, we will see some good sutff coming for us, and possibly better, because that's how R2R does it :chilling: don't loose your faith, some plugins got fixed very soon and the first messy one (at least for 44.1khz) was Snow. After Snow, the amount of Acquas released has dropped a lot, because of all the mentioned issues here on this thread.

14. typical-love

typical-love Producer

AO deserves more respect imo

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. Friendelek

Friendelek Producer

I'd like to clarify my message a bit more.

I don't own a large number of AA products, mostly free releases. And I only use a couple of programs out of all of them. And very rarely. Considering the bloated amount of data they weigh about 10 gb. And it doesn't matter that AA plugins are buggy, I generally for myself don't see the point of using their products. From what's available on the sister site, I use only ASH Ultra, Coffee The Pun. I'm also interested in a 2-3 other programs that haven't been posted yet. I understand that someone needs all that channel strips, analog preamps and etc.
    From what we have so far has bugs and problems. There are also no tests or comparisons Legit vs R2R.
    So many questions and so few answers. And with each new release, the number of questions increases. I am not difficult to test bugs, I will continue to help, but to use what we have now, I do not see the point. What R2R did wasn't just cracking,they exposed the company's disrespectful attitude towards customers.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

Snow is still not "fixed". Neither is a lot of other stuff. The witches are great, but the stuff they have to work with here is just defective. Since they don't control the source, they should just chill until the proper stuff appears. It's a waste of their time and ours at this point.

17. zdxing2008

zdxing2008 Newbie

······ Great Job

Last edited: Dec 7, 2023
  18. Barncore

Barncore Platinum Record

I already did that earlier in the thread. I'm a legit customer and I cross checked 5 or 6 plugins I own that have the 48/88k sample files whereas the R2R releases don't.

I can provide screenshots of the files if you really want, but it shouldn't be that hard to believe

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  19. RajuPalliBabu

RajuPalliBabu Ultrasonic

I dont care if its trial or not. I like these plugins anyway very much and should be all just put out there. If there are troubles its good that Stevie Dude and this community digs them out. The world is getting to be a better place because of this.

"If i remember correctly. The oversampling for Diamond Lift was added recently in version 4, and is ONLY for Clipper setting number 5"

A quote like this just shows the developer has a bit complicated way of doing things so its anyways going to be like walking on a minefield if you dont read the 100 page manuals and memorize them (im not going to do that). This will surely take time

20. clone

clone Audiosexual

I think they have beyond just proved their point. We can't be sure their point was to ever damage this guys business (much).

But the "legit" owners harping on some missing sample rates is funny, at least to me. This is a byproduct of elitism. The developer is telling people that "oh,no; you are the only ones who are special and have these perfect working blah blah blah". And the users who paid for them can't help but think their precious cheat codes are still their exclusive and expensive little toys. That is some wishful thinking and many of them will abandon these plugins when they find out they are not the "magic plugins" which will result in a Billboard spot. And they will dump them the minute that other people have access to them.

Do the people who shell out for this kind of plugins not run their sessions solely at 96khz?; or do they put their shoes on one at a time and use 48khz like the rest of us?

R2R have "already won", even if it is not "game over".