R2R 2023/2024 AA Guides, Bug Reports, Issues & Fixes Megathread (WIN)

Discussion in 'Software' started by Stevie Dude, Nov 29, 2023.

1. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

so 20 is the highest you can go ? should this considered as an issue ? I mean should I add it to the thread ?

2. Friendelek

Friendelek Producer

Yes, as soon as you add the 21st instance, the DAW crashes. Tested CERISE, 40+ instances and everything works. It only happens with Sand3

3. returnal

returnal Rock Star

There was a bug reported ages ago where many users could only open 20 instances of the original SAND (V1). My memory tells me it was fixed at some point. I’ll see if I can find a link to the reports . . . it was @WillTheWeirdo that reported it I think!

4. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

alright.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@saccamano can you please verify this issues below, after some investigation, I believe it is caused by 96kHz vector and you are the only one here that work at that sr. thanks

6. AMETHYST 4 [CONFIRMED]
    - the problem only happens @ 48kHz, 44.1kHz user not having any of these problems.

- AMETHYST4EQ (standalone EQ module)
    a. turning on PRE will load wrong/weird impulse both on 48kHz and 48kHz 2X OS (96kHz)
    b. hard to hear for newbie and on bad monitoring system. It sounds "reverby" some might thought it sounds better and 3D, [​IMG] . Under the analyzer, it looks like this.

- AMETHYST4PRE and AMETHYST4PREZL (the standalone Preamp module)
    a. Mic and Line every single one of the pre selection is working.
    b. For "Custom" preamp selection :
    c. 9098c - no sound
    d. 9098e - loading wrong/weird impulse, from the manual this is the same PRE for the EQ. So can assume the share the same vector.
    e. 2500 Mix - no sound
    f. 2500 Bus - no sound
    g. 2500 Mix ST - the only one that working correctly

5. returnal

returnal Rock Star

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  6. shinyzen

shinyzen Platinum Record

yes. i have commented many times in this thread, that releases from r2r are lacking the files from legit releases.

7. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

6. AMETHYST 4
    - testing for issues @ 96kHz system clock - confirmed on both AAX and VST2
    - didn't bother testing the VST3 as the VST3 AA plugins are just redundant wrapped VST2

- AMETHYST4EQ (standalone EQ module)
    a. turning on PRE will load wrong/weird impulse [confirmed]
    b. sounds like some kind of weird boxy very short delay echo. analyzer capture below
    ameth PRE-ON.JPG

- AMETHYST4PRE and AMETHYST4PREZL (the standalone Preamp module)
    a. Mic and Line every single one of the pre selection is working. [confirmed @96Khz]
    b. For "Custom" preamp selection :
    c. 9098c - @ 96Khz - sound is muted by ~25db not completely dead
    d. 9098e - loading wrong/weird impulse, [confirmed @ 96Khz - same weird boxy very short delay echo.]
    e. 2500 Mix - @ 96Khz - sound is muted by ~25db not completely dead
    f. 2500 Bus - @ 96Khz - sound is muted by ~25db not completely dead
    g. 2500 Mix ST - the only one that working correctly [confirmed @ 96Khz]

8. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

Thanks man, I appreciate it. Just like I thought, something is wrong with the 96kHz vector. All 44.1kHz users reported that not having this problem.

9. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

It would stand to reason given what we know about the AA sampling process that if something is anomalous at 96Khz it would carry thru to all other sample sets since they use the 96Khz sets as the masters for everything else. But who knows.. There are some REALLY strange things going on with these plugins...

10. 6ixcore

6ixcore Producer

Im a legit user of SNOW and can confirm that it includes ALL sample rates, like said before by legit users, 99% of Acustica plugins include ALL sample rates. So why is R2R releasing packs without them? i would say they probably got a few legit ones sent to them but also a lot of trials.

11. Riddim Machine

Riddim Machine Rock Star

As i said, no vectors for Snow available on trials. The plugin is already fixed. Let's enjoy the delicious pop corn made by Maize, knowing that the problem is not with R2R, but with the broken trials made by this dev.

12. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

- updated "General Info" topic, added MAIZE to clarify that even though it looks like Hyper Plugin, it's not.

for 48khz user, 2x OS as usual. I figured that using internal plugin oversampling still giving the usual high end rippling as a result, while external OS removed it completely @ 48kHz.

I expect MAIZE to work perfectly @ 44.1khz & 96kHz without needing external oversampling and well you can use the 8x or 16x on the plugin if you want.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2023
    • List
  13. No Avenger

No Avenger Audiosexual

Just for the books, none of these errors occur in the full version.

That made me wonder too. Maybe the lower SRs are already fixed, even in the trial? Only God knows what Johnny de Sado is doing in his free time.

14. Lepow

Lepow Producer

Shout out Stevie for the move. I truly don't know why I can't get it working (fire the pump i mean), and that's rare. I can see the path set with echo %path%, the under quotes thing "" doesn't help at all neither, and when used the %% magic word it doesn't translate to the full path when quotes used. Win7, Live 11.3.4; Is it because the machine is really old? I don't want to try at my current system (a little more powerful) before having it tested on this sandbox machine. Shout if screenshots needed but i tell you that the dir structure is fine (double checked everything), tried with the r2r framework and the stock one. All i get is a little rectangular dark window or a full crash as soon as i insert the plugin. bummer.

15. secretworld

secretworld Producer

Just copy the r2r framework directly to system32 folder. They are easy to remove if you sort by date, nothing gets replaced. Don t use winrar to extract to the folder but drag them from unpacked. And install the intel stuff as advised in the nfo

16. RajuPalliBabu

RajuPalliBabu Ultrasonic

I earlierly reported -Jet Bundle and Sienna to not work in windows 7. This was wrong

I got them working and wrote here that a long filename is the cause of the problems i had. But the filename i had was not that long they were in C:/VST/VST2/Acustica/ then the default folder name

But:
    Its actually a . (dot) sign of the default r2r folder that makes bitwig 5 to not like the plugin, not the long filename that i first suspected here. And its only the "Bundle" plugins: black, sienna and Jet. The folder is still a folder the . doesnt do anything to its extension. This is propably bitwig (5.0.4) problem and might affect other os versions than win7 and other bitwig versions

I think its bitwig exclusive thing to sometimes not like a special sign for instance: _ on folder causing plugin to not work but this case baffles me. I made a mistake when i did not try on other daws

Im sorry and hope this is useful for someone with problems. Tried to be useful but caused more trouble :D

Last edited: Dec 7, 2023
  17. Tropicale

Tropicale Member

Ciao, just subscribed to give some infos about the AA plug-ins, trials sound and behaviour in particular. Forgive my English in advance.
    I red most of this thread and based on the infos the plugins provided by r2r are definitely the trials versions.
    I actually AB a trial of one of one the newer release in AA catalogue with the paid version that I own some time ago, because while trying some other AA trials I was really confused by the behaviour, sound and stability and asked myself how much different the trials are from the full release.
    And in my AB they sounded a lot different. I remember the ‘PRE’ had a totally different curve as well as the EQ, notably in freq above 5/6k, with really strange and funky (and annoying) curves in the T version (also the above 20k filters where totally messed up). I also couldn’t replicate the same behaviour of the same compressor from the two versions, and there were some comp models that just wouldn’t work. Also, yes the full release is not a superfast plugin, but it is stable and never crashed on me, while T crashed on me a couple of times.

The plug-in suite I ABed is ERIN.

I also would like to point out how the legit AA trials are perpetual (at least on Mac): my trials downloaded more than one year ago opened today, but still I would not use them, because of their many and big flaws and actually because of how they sound as well.

addendum:
    C-link in AA comps stands for control-link, and it just links the CONTROLS, no effect on the compressor behaviour.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  18. TheKnowingOnion

TheKnowingOnion Newbie

Anyone else have this issue with SNOW? whenever i engage the PREAMP 043 in the SNOWCOMP Module it sounds squashed/muffled and theres a drop in gain i just double checked on Reaper WIN 11 on 41kHz. The comp is off and i see no gain reduction happening on the meter but when I switch to the other PREAMP everything sounds normal again unsquashed and i get the gain back. Also The comp knob is on off but the ratio knob still effects the sound when i turn the knob very weird.

19. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

Another day, another trial problems found. DIAMOND LIFT 4 both MIX & MASTER. Oversampling does NOTHING. From 1X to 16X. Nothing other than CPU load increases. :deep_facepalm:

1X
    1X.png

4X
    4X.png

16X
    16X.png

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  20. Riddim Machine

Riddim Machine Rock Star

I like this plugin, but it introduces a crap ton of aliasing if driven with 3x gain. Now this? I'm going to test the oversampling on other AA plugins, if it's faulty i'm really abandoning this boat. Aliasing and analog are not friend words, no matter which tech you choose to your software.