R2R 2023/2024 AA Guides, Bug Reports, Issues & Fixes Megathread (WIN)

Discussion in 'Software' started by Stevie Dude, Nov 29, 2023.

1. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

didn't ignore but all of plugins in Honey bundle cancel each others out perfectly in Reaper. It didnt work with 3rd party host plugins because it will then had to go through double sample rate filtering. When plugin is OS with DAW built in feature, only one stage of SR filtering will happen, while when doing it with Metaplugin or Bluecat Patchwork, the AA plugin on OS will first get the plugin host filtering (Metaplugin/patchwork) then it will get the DAW standard filtering. It will only cancel each other out if both the stage of filtering is identical which is impossible because each developer has their own DSP and approach to the filter design. The result in Reaper is definite because it only use one stage of filtering and all AA plugin cancel each other out which is the first thing I test after installing all of them for all the 44/96kHz plugin. I didnt respond because I thought first, it's not a problem nor an issue, secondly, I thought someone else would've explained this by now. While having dual stage of filtering will affect the sound in a way, but technically it's not necessarily destroying the sound or adding artifact, just 2 stages of 2 different filtering at the Nyquist. There are discussions about this matter long time ago about using Bluecat Patchwork in Pro Tools to load VST files, and everyone agrees it's not really an issue.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2023
  2. Boreios

Boreios Kapellmeister

-

Last edited: Jun 4, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  3. clone

clone Audiosexual

Maybe the "value of these cracks" depends upon your perspective. It's probably fair to say they were not trying to assist in selling more of this developers software for him. UAD should probably send them a nice Christmas card for any sales increase.

4. Boreios

Boreios Kapellmeister

-

5. clone

clone Audiosexual

Of course. But if I pay for a legit product, and others gain access to an inferior copy of it; it doesn't affect my legit product. Just like when people create software emulations of expensive hardware. A software developer may not even own the product, but then profits by selling their software on the back of that hardware's reputation. Does that make the hardware sound different, or even less valuable? Does the "legit" owner even care?

I did look at a few Nebula external libraries from Cupwise . It seems they had some with all 4 sample rates, and some with only two of them (44.1 and 96). No real reason for the variation I could notice. Was Nebula discontinued, perhaps because too many people gained access to the platform? Those are some of the most often recommended N4's, and people seem to make them work. No?

6. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

all null here. I test everything you mentioned one by one on delta mode (that yellow triangle). See 2X there meaning everything is running 2x oversampling. See the meter on COFFEEEQ, there's activity proving there's input. See the DAW track meter bottom left. none. They null perfectly to infinity, not just to -60 or -70, infinity, meaning it's perfect null. All of them stacked and one by one.

It's what I read long time ago, about the the stages of filtering because pro tools user talks about it. I took their words for it, I didnt test because I dont feel I need to, nor I know how to ? It makes sense. But how do I explain inconsistency of plugin host I rarely use ? (metaplugin/bluecat).

The situation here, they all null perfectly straight without any plugin host but you on your end used a 3rd party plugin host but didnt get the null. Logically, obviously it's the plugin host whatever it is, maybe I'm wrong about the filtering but there's no ground to say it's the AA plugin fault.

upload_2023-12-5_14-8-33.png

wdym value ? plugin is working perfectly on 44.1 and 96kHz. Making it work on 48kHz is just a workaround to still use it. A lot of people work in those 2 samples rate. Yes it's trial, but all of us don't know that if we will ever get the full frequency pack, or cracked based of full, it is what it is and it is all we have for now. If you think these releases has no value and R2R thought why release more, do you think you are being fair to other people that work solely in 44.1kHz @ 96kHz ? R2R never recommended to use 48kHz and repeatedly saying the plugin wont work correctly in 48kHz it's just us nerds here still want to us it in 48kHz and come up with all sort of workaround, but then when we couldn't solve certain problem it brings, then suddenly the crack has no value ? well that's kinda strange way to look at it IMO.

• Like Like x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  7. Boreios

Boreios Kapellmeister

-

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  8. Riddim Machine

Riddim Machine Rock Star

They are providing fully functional plugins, they are working 100%. Its up to you if you want to use acustica or work on 48khz (if you're not on Reaper). You can always make a choice: changing your SR to use R2R, not changing your SR and giving up R2R Acustica, or buying Acustica without changing your sample rate. Or as Don Carlo says: "buy a better computer to work on 96Khz R2R instead of spending on bloated plugins" :shalom:

9. Friendelek

Friendelek Producer

I installed the free version a long time ago but never got into its work and later uninstalled it. To me it seemed something like BLACK, which I also don't use. I am of course installing everything now, in particular those plugins which I have a license for, but I already have an idea of what I will definitely remove. I had a similar situation when I first started getting to know this company. I've been using trial versions of almost all of their plugins for a long time, but over time there were a couple of things that came in handy for my work.

Working by ear and not by analyzers is exactly what I use them for. I'm not a "analog gear fan", Fabfilter tools are my essential instruments, but it's when I'm working by ear that I can get the results I want more accurately. Maybe after testing JET, I'll delete most of them. I mainly use EQ's.

Maybe you missed it because of the large number of posts.

10. clone

clone Audiosexual

Yes. They may lose the difference between the original price they paid and whatever they sell them for. Example, I buy one plugin for $100. I only get $50 for it when I sell it. Later on, the cracked version does not sound as good to me; or maybe I begin using a different DAW or session sample rate. So I buy the original copy of the plugin again for $100. I have lost $50 and am right back where I started from.

11. Barncore

Barncore Platinum Record

Agreed with this. This is definitely something worth highlighting. I don't think it's immediately obvious to most people unless they deep dive into this thread. But given how dense/long it is, most people will miss it.

Imo, the fact that half of the r2r releases don't have 48k/88k is the most important topic here.

And i hope to make it clear - it's not something to complain about. It's just something to inform people about. Big difference

Bottom line - If you already own legit Acustica plugins then until the full versions get cracked it's not worth selling the legit ones. The trial versions just aren't reliable.
    The r2r releases are useful for people who have never used Acustica to demo some stuff and see what all the fuss is about. And it's also been fun to read the NFO's lol. They can't replace legit ones yet though

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. Friendelek

Friendelek Producer

Acustica Audio Snow 2023 FIXED-R2R

After selecting 200hz on LMF bug occurs again

I'm not sure, but maybe it's because of missing files
    SNOW_LMF3 / 6 / 8 / 12
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  13. BambooPestle

BambooPestle Producer

Yes, looks like at least SNOW_LMF6_44.N2V/SNOW_LMF6_96.N2V should exists for 200hz

14. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

alright, can confirm LMF still not working. Vector files not included. Updated the thread.

15. Riddim Machine

Riddim Machine Rock Star

Confirmed issue here. LMF turns off when 200 hz is selected and will not work after that. 44.1Khz

16. clone

clone Audiosexual

About "Not Yet" aspect, this is the same with any commodity you might consider selling because of this type of scenario. Do you sell preemptively, or do you wait for confirmation you should sell, only to find out everyone else got the news at the same time as you. So now the product you are selling craters in resale value because supply far outpaces demand.

This sample rate issue, for someone like me using an old system; can be not that much of an issue. These plugins are too resource intensive for me to use them inside a DAW session the way I would with any other plugins. No automation and all that other good stuff you miss out on when dealing with resources-hungry plugins. So you freeze or bounce things which you really rather wait till the end, but you do it to conserve CPU or RAM. But most DAW's have an option to setup an external audio editor, so audio from the project can be moved into the Audio Editor software, processed, and then saved. If there is decent integration between the DAW and the Audio Editor, the new copy can be re-populated back into the DAW with the new changes reflected very easily. If I am already only using something as a "stem print color box", the audio to be processed can be into and out of a Wavelab 96 khz project (rather than the DAW session) and back with around 10 mouse clicks or less.

Once stems have been printed to minimize resources demands prior to mixing, or even in mastering; pulling the audio files into a 96khz environment is something many people do anyway, just as part of their workflow. Using REAPER might be more efficient use of your time, but REAPER users are not the only ones among us who will not get c-blocked by something simple like some sample rate conversions.

17. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

Hopefully UA is next on the R2R hit parade. That is another evil audio corp begging to be straightened out...

18. Barncore

Barncore Platinum Record

Was randomly reading through a Gearspace thread for an Acustica plugin i like and saw Giancarlo say this:

"we only support 44kHz and 96kHz in the trial version. We do this to limit the weight of downloads on an item of several gigabytes that is downloaded many times"

Just in case anyone still had any doubt about that fact.
    There it is straight from CEO.
    Posted on Oct 9th 2022

19. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

@ 96khz confirming the already confirmed on the [FIXED] version of Snow, the persisting LMF issue - I'm betting this is an actual software bug that the dev may or may not have already fixed.

Ain't life grand in TrialsVille?

Last edited: Dec 6, 2023
  20. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

the answer is below, the vector files missing 6 of them. 3 for 44.1kHz, 3 for 96kHz