R2R 10k

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by keyone1a, Aug 31, 2021.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crevice9

Crevice9 Producer

If the entire planet hopped on that train, I would sit back and watch them pull away, alone... with zero regret.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  2. Joe Crisp

Joe Crisp Platinum Record

Got no use for trap or hip hop stuff, still waiting and hoping for a new PT, I had thought about just buying it, but then most of my plugins wouldn't work from what I've read in the forums, the main reason I use PT is the workflow just works for me, I'm still on the Audioutopia 12.5

3. statik

statik Audiosexual

it's been just out of curiosity that i've been trying the ones i come across but nothing compares to the one true bass muff, the black russian. i've also had the germanian muff and the US muff but neither have the same 'that sound'
    well i'm actually a very lucky guy and also a very happy camper, i still have the wooden box it came in. i tried it out in the music store where i bought my machinedrum on a machinedrum, the salesguy of the synth department and the salesguy from the guitar department both were a bit surprised when i said i wanted to try it with the machinedru. guitarguy: wait what? synthguy: wait so it isnt dirty enough yet? (wtf look on his face) so he hooked it up and i made a simple pattern and started to tweak the bassdrum, the machinedrum has insane tweaking possibilities, synthguy was sitting next to me looking very amused and after about 10-15 minutes i noticed i had 5 or 6 employees from several departments standing behind me looking at what i was doing because the sound was so fucking badass and i was prolly the first one in the store to try something like that. and i loved it, it became the basis of my statik sky sound, a big fucking wall of BASS.

one time i got a small complaint from someone at one of my gigs, she was trying to build a joint and it kept moving apart. as i was a smoker myself back then i could understand that that could have been a bit annoying but she said the music was good enough to accept the annoyance
    242320196_345257344048286_523001215406733020_n.jpg

the kick starting at 0:16 was the machinedrum with the muff, it gave a wonderfull sort of broken kick sound

edit: the only thing that is rather annoying about the russian muff is that it only works on a 9v battery, it wont work with an adapter, even if it has a 9v battery connector on it. when a battery would run out most of the time a smoke detector had to suffer for it because middle of the night and grooving like a mofo.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2021
  4. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

That's a very smart idea about an RSS feed! I forgot about those entirely.
    Sorry I didn't mean to say I was bothered, just obviously indifferent to stuff I don't think I need as is everybody when you're seeking specific things suited to you, or at least so you thought until you demo it.

I actually thought about it and I don't think there's any way to do that search feature unless you tag each and every single upload when it goes up and then go back and tag every old one too. But the regular search feature works perfectly fine with any keyword. Saved me so much time and opened my eyes to new things I never knew about and honestly couldn't have known about otherwise.

I can't imagine how furious I would actually be if I bought Bias Amp for example. I would headbutt the monitor clean out of a Macintosh for making me buy it over IK Amplitube 5.

I don't do those short shitty demos that lack everything unless that's my only choice but they are usually so stripped back that there's nothing to demo basically.

So I could have made a dumb purchase on some whim like that because it has a cool gui and "maybe it's just the demo" until you get the full product and it's exactly as shitty as the stripped back demo. Bias Amp fell into my recycling bin faster than a piece of shit does while the bathroom is busy.

That's way too cool, you had a real Russian Muff with the wooden edges on it! I have heard electronic music producers do use these pedals too for harsher sounds.
    lmao

5. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

We should make another more up to date poll on what genres people make today.

Most already have, HipHop always runs into the same issues with violence and that sort of thing naturally pushes most people away.

I'm surprised death metal and black metal are less violent most the time in comparison. Given the lyrical content. There's been some brutal stabbings, couple of church burnings here and there but it's not nearly as bad as far as frequency goes. Looking at you Vilkernes!

[​IMG]

6. statik

statik Audiosexual

no i have the black russian muff, it was sold in a wooden box. that muff is not going anywhere if i'm not going there it's sitting next to my machinedrum and they really are a perfect pair when it comes to powering them.

the machinedrum i have is the first edition elektron made, and even though it is a brilliant drumsynth they did a really really stupid thing: the psu is ac/ac.there is seriously not one shop in europe or the US that sells ac/ac adapters, later editions (MKII and UW) use an ac/dc psu. how do i know this? well one day my machinedrum started acting weird, turning on and off at the slightest movement of the cable, synth and table. in other words the psu was litterally dying, contacted elektron and they said they had stopped producing psu's of the first machinedrum, my reply was so where can i get a replacement then? they answered after more than a month. during that time of silence i started looking online for a replacement, one of my cousins contacted me as he had read on facebook about my problem, turned out he worked for a company that specialized in adapters/psu's so i told him what i needed and after a few days he got back to me and confirmed what i was starting to fear. not one company in europe or the US made that kind of PSU/adapter,not one with ac output. then by some miracle i was able to find a listing on ebay of a chinese company that made a replacement PSU for my machinedrum. shipping was about the same price as the PSU itself was. so yeah was a bit expensive but it was better than having to buy a new machinedrum. so i ordered it and was very happy when it arrived, about 2 weeks after i had received the replacement elektron finally got back to me with a link of that same ebay listing... yeah thanks elektron, morons.

[/OFFTOPIC]

7. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

That sounds like a disaster trip with your Elektron adapter/psu situation but I'm glad that worked out for you in the end when you got lucky with that listing. Crazy that shipping was about the same price as the psu.

8. statik

statik Audiosexual

well shipping from china wasnt that cheap but the adapter wasnt that expensive either but was rather heavy, think it was about 40 euro's total.i just hope elektron fired whoever thought it was a good idea to make a synth with an ac/ac adapter. i mean it's ok if you want to be different (says the 45 year old guy who dyed his hair purple) but this made no sense at all (also said by that same guy)

...hey is that alanis morisette i'm hearing in the background? ...something about rain?

9. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

It looks like somebody updated their protection

788.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  10. Prinz Eugen

Prinz Eugen Guest

Don't worry Stevie ....
    The guys have already taken care of everything, no need to cry :hug:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  11. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

yesterday it was TAL-U-NO-LX, today it's Repro 5.

12. thejohndoe

thejohndoe Ultrasonic

This doesn't necessarily mean the copy protection method was changed. This is pretty common with IKOK in general. Happens on a non too frequent basis with my Relab installers for instance and it happens a lot with IKOK demos mid-demo. Only correlation i found for it is Windows Upates and given Windows updates regularly screw a lot of things up like drivers and such, this doesn't seem like a stretch

13. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

My UVI - Falcon VSTi is working. As of 09/19/2021. Mister Whitaker should write to UVI support instead of spreading rumors.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  14. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

It is considered as writing to the UVI because I found the post in the "UVI Falcon User" official facebook group. Kinda the way it is done these days, another example being the Plugin Alliance group where Dirk Ulrich will always respond to stuff like this.

15. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Thanks @Stevie Dude for explaining "How it works today". I'm not on Facebook. I just write an email to UVI and always get a detailed answer. Well, I think people throw up sometimes about a company and write all their anger into it. I don't want to work in support and get rid of all the hate and stress.

16. Prinz Eugen

Prinz Eugen Guest

Over the past year, the protection of the Falcon has not changed, however, due to Microsoft, this can lead to errors. I have 2 PCs, and it still has version 18.09 with all libraries and no network access,
    this is the best thing to offer. Also, even though I have a ton of plugins purchased, I use R2R because it is more secure and stable. You have to understand that the Microsoft guys are bats and they make mistakes a lot. Those who took care of their PC have no such problems .. This is what I wanted to say ... Also, system utilities can interfere with you with any software, It is better to refuse to use automated systems like CCleaner, etc...

17. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Everywhere and all the time, people make mistakes. Every traffic accident, for example, can be traced back to a mistake. Errors are not a typical Microsoft characteristic. It is also not fair and true to portray Microsoft's programmers as bats. Please be and remain fair to your fellow human beings.

18. Prinz Eugen

Prinz Eugen Guest

I completely agree with your opinion. Considering that my friend Atsushi works there ...
    People tend to be wrong - there is nothing supernatural about it.

By literate mice (Bats), I meant that many of them are forced to work at night, focusing on their memory and their choice. They have a pretty harsh working environment.
    If I was protistant, I would blatantly be on their side! Certainly

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  19. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Ah, thanks for the explanation!
    I think the work pressure in the big companies is very strong. An example: Microsoft wants to be on the market as quickly as possible with a new product in order to earn money and to outperform the competition. The shareholders want a dividend. Unfortunately, all the products that hit the market this early are not finished and full of bugs. The users then have to live with the errors and the Microsoft developers have to repair the product under time pressure.

20. Prinz Eugen

Prinz Eugen Guest

It really is ... This is how the world of big companies works. I have not seen people there who are satisfied with themselves, they are forced to support their family and their home.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.