R-MIX

Discussion in 'Software' started by Gyro Gearloose, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose Audiosexual

Welcome to an exciting new era of “visual” audio manipulation. R-MIX software — powered by Roland’s newly developed V-Remastering technology in conjunction with VariPhrase — lets you see the components of a stereo mix as color-coded clouds of energy and harmonic matter as the song plays! Select your desired components of the mix, and freely edit them — an impossible task in the past. You can change panning positions and levels to individual instruments within a stereo mix, for example, and add effects to each element as desired. You can even independently adjust the pitch and speed of the playback, realized with VariPhrase.

How does this power translate to you? You can use R-MIX to easily create “minus-one” type karaoke files from existing songs by lowering the level of a pre-recorded vocal or any other instrument you select within each mix. You can also create your own remixes and mash-ups by using two pairs of stereo tracks within R-MIX. As a skill-building tool, R-MIX can be used to isolate any desired instrument within a mix, and then solo and slow down that element for study; isolate a fast guitar solo, for example, and slow it down to learn it. R-MIX can be used to clean up old recordings and master stereo mixes by adjusting individual instrument levels and applying noise reduction and effects, and all with ease and at a high level of sound quality.

• View the elements of a stereo mix as color-coded clouds of energy and frequency matter onscreen
    • Freely select and manipulate any element within a stereo mix
    • High-quality sound
    • Create “minus-one” type karaoke files from existing songs by lowering the level of the pre-recorded vocal or any other instrument you select
    • Create your own remixes and mash-ups by using two pairs of stereo tracks within R-MIX
    • Isolate any desired instrument within a mix, and then solo and slow down that element for study
    • Clean up old recordings and master your stereo mixes by adjusting individual instrument levels within a mix and applying noise reduction and effects
    • Compatible with Mac and Windows
    • Simplified version available for Apple iPad

• Interesting Interesting x 4
    • List
  3. Gyro Gearloose

4. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

No clue, I stopped watching it after ~ 1:30 of advertising bullshit like 'r-mixes controls are desinged according to natural workflow'.
    Aha. So please, what's natural about moving a virtual fader with a mouse? Nothing.

5. The Revenant

The Revenant Platinum Record

Certainly not better than iZotope RX, but I will give it a try...

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  6. DSP4LiFE

DSP4LiFE Kapellmeister

i saw it, heard it and thought "god, this plugin sucks ass"

7. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

I had a 1998 flashback from the GUI and almost vomited.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. threes

threes Newbie

This was revolutionary about 10 years ago. It was an added bonus in the Cakewalk Sonar DAW letting you visually select portions of your sounds in a stereo field. Didn't use it much but it opened the door for many developers of advanced sound sculpting vst plugin/synths such as Iris.

Cheers,
    3s

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  9. junh1024

junh1024 Rock Star

alternatively, use mashtactic VST

10. E@rth

E@rth Newbie

Don 4Get, The VariOS!!

11. SmokerNzt

SmokerNzt Rock Star

i not long time ago searching tool that can isolate the vocal and what i found and use it's Audacity , then switch to iZotope RX but would like to try it !
    did you try it can you isolate the vocal good ?

Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
  12. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

I've worked with it for a while and here's my little summary:
    This tool relies on stereo panning completely.
    It does nothing on mono signals. Nothing (except filtering like with an EQ).
    It also won't help much if too many sounds have the exact same stereo panning position.
    The more the tracks are panned at different positions in the stereo image however, the more magic you can do with R-Mix (effectively being able to isolate or mute these).

The "spectral editor" is nothing you couldn't do with a modern multiband EQ.
    The big thing here is stereo position.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  13. SmokerNzt

SmokerNzt Rock Star

ty very much for the info

14. Gyro Gearloose

no

didnt know the use of this-or i did but didnt kno the strong side-the core essence if you want call it that way
    ...thru fiction and all other great comments(thx guys) i kno instantly what it is good for..
    trusty reviewer always better then advertising and description.
    and always shorter , much shorter , but better information , much better

15. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

If they described their product the way I did, they'd have fewer customers for sure :rofl: