R.I.P Meatloaf

Discussion in 'AudioSEX Memorial' started by jefft, Jan 21, 2022.

1. jefft

jefft Producer

Sad news to hear, thanks for some nice music.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. phumb-reh

phumb-reh Guest

RIP.

Man had some pipes on him and the tunes still rock like hell.

And who could forget his role in Fight Club? (let's not make obvious "his name is..." jokes, ok?)

4. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Meat Loaf (English for: "Meatloaf" * September 27, 1947 as Marvin Lee Aday in Dallas, Texas;
    since 1984 Michael Lee Aday[1]; † January 20, 2022) was an American rock singer and actor.

Meat Loaf - Bat Out of Hell (PCM Stereo)

Meat Loaf - I'd Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That)

M̲e̲at L̲oaf - B̲at O̲ut of H̲ell (Full Album) 1977

• Like Like x 4
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. Crinklebumps

Crinklebumps Audiosexual

One of the great rock singers. RIP.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. Dmotr Softor

Dmotr Softor Kapellmeister

Wow! Just a couple of weeks ago, I came across an article about musicians who died in 2021, it said that Michael died that fall. But it(his death) happened just yesterday. Strange but true.
    R.I.P.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  7. triggerflipper

triggerflipper Audiosexual

Just this morning I photoshopped his Fight Club persona into something something funny inside joke.

I think I killed him :facepalm:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  8. xbitz

xbitz Rock Star

R.I.P.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

so many people dieing unexpected and young lately :guru:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Jayster

Jayster Kapellmeister

RiP

11. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Audiosexual

Apparently video killed the radio star.

Jokes aside, another one bites the dust. Sad news.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. triggerflipper

triggerflipper Audiosexual

Yeah man I was expecting him to live for at least 50 more years :wow:

13. Vil Coyote

Vil Coyote Newbie

Bad news.
    Jim Steinman leave us a few weeks ago. Now his singer Meat Loaf. RIP

14. clipper

clipper Producer

15. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

My Meatloaf story...

I was in the College Center Council which was the group that ran all the events at our school and pushed hard to get Meatloaf to come and play. He fit in nicely with our budget (Neil and Bruce were like $35,000 and we'd of wound up not making any coin as the venue as the gymnasium only held about 1400. Our "advisor" shot them down) and we were able to thankfully book him. Bat Out Of Hell was raging and all over the radio and we knew we would have a full house.

We prepared the wooden gym floor with the yard square special asbestos coverings (I think there was still lead in paint and gasoline back then, LOL) and helped load in the PA, lighting rig, the grand piano and as well as of course everything else. After getting everything built up and connected up for the show we turned the crew on to some Italian food.

About an hour and a half before the show the band showed showed up for sound check, and after the monitor check was done I introduced myself to Meatloaf and confirmed that he got his nickname on the bet for a case of beer that his friends could hold a revving Volkswagon Beetle over his head for I think a minute. Dude!!!

So of course as head of security I have front row center. The show is amazing. The band is tight, the songs incredible and Meatloaf is godlike in power and command, so much so that during Two Out Of Three Ain't bad did part of the song a capella and fucking FILLED the entire gym WITHOUT THE MIC which he had laid in his lap while sitting down at the edge of the stage. Enrico Caruso had nothin' on him, he killed it to a stunned and totally silent audience. People began weeping it was so impactful.

During All Revved Up With Nowhere To Go Meatloaf was sweating up a storm from running around the stage like a thin person...and then what happened next scared the piss out of me. I didn't see the piano roady secure the wheels of the piano, and as his 300 pound heft is now airborne and aiming for the top of the piano with a trajectory that would land him and that great wooden box filled with a gigantic brass soundboard directly at front row center, I scream "GET OUT OF THE WAY" and grab the people to my LEFT and kind of American football block them, pushing them hard and fast away from the calamity I believe to be a moment away. The piano doesn't move but all the people there in the first few rows certainly did and who, after Armageddon was forestalled all were really angry with me. It's freaking hilarious now but then it wasn't to anybody but my friend who was heavily tripping on some acid on my right who was uncontrollabley laughing and laughing.

After the show we invited Meatloaf back to our frat house where we were having a blowout keger and he was like, "Let's go" but his wife who was the backup singer quenched the idea strongly. She had gone to our school years before and said that there was no way she was going to party with a bunch of college kids, especially there. He didn't wind up coming but was of course there in spirit as the man of the hour. He was a really nice guy and a great talent. RIP Marvin Lee.

• Love it! Love it! x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  16. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

For some reason his music is not my taste but even so I can tell he was incredibly talented and charismatic.
    So I guess this is a very high compliment coming from me.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  17. Stanny5

Stanny5 Noisemaker

Not my cuppa tea but respect to anybody who brings a new dimension to entertainment and he and Jim did that so adios crazy guy.

18. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

Great writing @Lois Lane for a great artist. Yes, he deserved more than a simple requiescat in pacem:shalom:

See him more as a kind of energy transmission by sonic waves that describes it better. He was (live) really unbelievable and against the laws of nature. :)

Last edited: Jan 21, 2022
  19. marveljam

marveljam Ultrasonic

A truly one of a kind of artist. Over the top all the time, so I take in a little at once. Meatloaf live was a crazy show

20. Kluster

Kluster Audiosexual

He reportedly died after contracting COVID-19.
    Meat had recently been supporting those critical of vaccine mandates in Australia.
    I always thought he would go out by spontaneous combustion.

21. Valnar

Valnar Rock Star

:(
    I have sampled Steinman and also own Meatloaf records, both part of a vinyl collection I bought ages ago.
    Used Ableton 8 for this one, to give you an idea how old it is: https://whyp.it/t/steinman-dwE2m/
    I was just as bad as I am now :lmao: