R.I.P. George Michael

Discussion in 'AudioSEX Memorial' started by n0xin, Dec 25, 2016.

1. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

@ G String :
    Yep agreed there was nothing revolutionary in the Wham ok. But to shed a little light if i may, for me it's pretty simple. When you have a pop idol that you "sell" to all the female teen population worldwide as heterosexual, and i mean sell the fk of him, like posters,t-shirts,fkn school bags, the whole lot not just music, you do not give up the golden goose. It was the way of the big labels back then and to GM's defense i 'm sure he knew nothing about what he was signing for, at least not until the late 80s where he had learned enough to face the 'sharks' on his own. His multi-selled good clean poster look had already made it to at least hundreds of thousands "white" home walls, since the early 80s. I remember half the girls in hi school being in love with Simon Le Bon and the other half with George Michael. And of course most males could tell he was definitely gay, i mean wth, he looked gay from day 1, but tell that to the early 80s 14 yo girls lol. The picture being sold is the "truth" for people who stick with what they 're being "fed" by the media and multinationals. Up to a point it still is this way only now there is the Internet and truth comes out more quickly than in those days. So for me, back then, even if GM wanted to reveal his sexuality they would 've "crucified" him literally man. And to tell the truth it's nobody's business what you do in your own bed unless you commit a crime ehehe.
    I wish everybody a happy new year :) Stay creative

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016