R.I.P. Gary Rossington - Lynyrd Skynyrd

Discussion in 'AudioSEX Memorial' started by Moogerfooger, Mar 6, 2023.

1. MdB

MdB Guest

yes the famous skynyrd album, street servitors, great stuff

2. MdB

MdB Guest

so you can insult people here :unsure:

3. BagelShaggerz

BagelShaggerz Platinum Record

No brother, it wasn't an insult. It was a request.
    He was the one that was attempting to salt the waters that he wanted to boil in a thread about mans death about some confederate flag before people have gone woke & pearshape with their TikTok college campus cappuccinos + miles of bookworths fulla knawledge. Shit's always meant beer cans, whisky, chewbaccer, dixie shorts, shootin' guns & raisin' hell when you saw that flag as a way to identify the south.

Just because a select few gave it a bad name, doesn't mean it's always meant bad. Look at the Swastika, less people know that it was an ancient religious and cultural symbol, predominantly in various Eurasian, as well as some African and American cultures, now also widely recognized for its appropriation by the Nazi Party and by neo-Nazis? Yeah the Swastika used to mean peace before hitler weeaboos larped it into something else.

I asking him to leave a peaceful gathering before his uncalled for "protest" about oils used in old museum paintings or mackerel that gets stuck in the plastic that holds 6 pack cans which ends up in the ocean cringefest could take place by letting him shit up the entire event. There is a time and place but this shit here ain't it partna. That "dindu know" shit should stay in his workplace shitter, where it belongs. The whole point of keeping it short with simply telling him to fuck off was to prevent anyone else including myself from even talking about it in a thread where it just simply doesn't belong, which I am now heavily failing at by having to even explain it by the way.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. midi-man

midi-man Audiosexual

Do you know why it was pulled back?

5. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

My Man, Midi, the flames engulfing the band wasn't a good look for a band that members had died in a horrible crash. It was FUBAR (retrospectively totally fucked up beyond any recognition).
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 8, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. AudioEnzyme

AudioEnzyme Kapellmeister

Well I believe it's got something to do with Aerosmith. :cool:

7. midi-man

midi-man Audiosexual

Actually If you notice the band members that are covered in flames died in the crash there was a big up roar to have it removed because of that. I know this for a fact because I was a live and well during this. I have the original album with the flames on it.
    The Album was released right before the plane crash

8. midi-man

midi-man Audiosexual

Funny but this was a serious conversation.

9. huckleberry finn

huckleberry finn Member

Fantastic guitarists. Skynyrd was- I would say- unique to have three (count them...) THREE legendary guitarists. Amazing that three top-shelf guitarists found each other, buried their egos, played together each in his own perfect place, and rocked the world forever. RIP.

10. huckleberry finn

huckleberry finn Member

p.s. the '70's were so based.

11. Trurl

Trurl Audiosexual

Want to hear something crazy? And hopefully not too creepy? My friend's son is preparing Gary's body for viewing right now. Weirdest brush with fame ever.

• Interesting Interesting x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. AudioEnzyme

AudioEnzyme Kapellmeister

The plane Lynyrd Skynyrd crashed in was first offered to Aerosmith but they declined, Lynyrd Skynyrd then took and hired it and, well, the rest is history. The album Street Survivors was released Oct.17th.77 and the crash happened Oct. 20th.77. Someone put two and two together and thought the cover was a bit tacky with the flames and all. Sooo, quite a coincidence- could've been either way round. Synchronicity? Maybe. :dunno:
    Btw, you can Google " Lynyrd Skynyrd plane crash Aerosmith" for some more facts.

• Like Like x 3
    • List
  13. midi-man

midi-man Audiosexual

I know about the incident and Aerosmith. I was in SC at the time the plane went down. Crazy. It was more so that Steve gains and Ronnie VanZant were covered in flames and died in the crash. Alan Collins was hurt there the flames were on his arm. They left Greenville after the concert. The Marshall Tucker boys used to jam just down the road from there I used to live.

• Interesting Interesting x 3
    • List